• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon- The Sinnoh Saga

crasher191

The raw power of dragons...
    Years
    The Death Of A Beloved Sage
    CRACKLE!!! A massive thunderbolt struck the ground in front of the man as he ran through the forest, rain dripping down his face. Two men dressed in black suits ran behind him, quickly closing the gap between them. He rounded a corner and ran even faster down the straight, but failed to notice the rock jutting out of the ground. Tripping up, he rolled for a few feet and then lay still, barely breathing. The men slowed to a jog, before stopping over top of him.

"Where is it, old man?" sneered the first grunt. "Don't… know…what… you're talking… about!" wheezed the old man. Slowly, to the amazement of the grunts, the old man heaved himself up and took a few steps back, clutching his backpack. "I'll give you one last chance, Balthazar, where is the egg?" Balthazar gritted his teeth, and stared straight at the pair, clutching his bag even tighter He moved his hand down to his belt, and withdrew a pokeball. "Go… SALAMANCE!" he cried, and chucked it. Out of the pokeball flew a salamance, which headed straight for the pair.

"Retreat!" cried the grunt. Salamance swooped over top, belching a flamethrower, making the men run even faster. "This isn't the end, Balthazar!" cried the grunt, before heading around the corner, releasing a pair of Altaria, which they both took off on. Balthazar breathed a sigh of relief, before collapsing on the ground in a heap.

Back in Futaba Town, Meso as playing with his friend Hau in a tree. A group of Mukkuru flew happily overhead, and the two young boys played chasey around the tree. "Tag, your it!" Hau cried as he slapped Meso on the shoulder, and took off in the other direction. "I'll get you back" Meso yelled, chasing Hau back around the tree. Just then, he saw a rustle in the bushes, and came up with a cunning plan…

Hau continued to run around the tree. After about 10 minutes, he realized something was up. "Where could he have got to?" Hau said to himself. Creeping around the tree in the opposite direction, Hau hoped to spring him. He was about half way around when… CRASH! An Aipom landed on top of him, pinning him to the ground. "Hey, no fair Meso!" he squawked, whilst Meso walked casually over and tapped him on the head. "It!" Aipom jumped off Hau and onto Meso's shoulder, laughing. "Shut it, monkey brain", Hau said sorely. Aipom not to happy by this, jumped of Meso and tackled Hau in the face.

Both boys headed on home after that, each going their separate ways, Hau left and Meso right. Aipom, being a wild pokemon, left Meso as he reached his front porch, and ran off into the forest with a wave of his tail. Meso smiled to himself and walked into his house.

Inside, he found his mum, sobbing on the couch. He ran up to her and grabbed her hand. "What's wrong mum?" Meso said, beginning to become wary. "It's… Balthazar… he's…" she said, in between sobs. "He's what mum?" Meso grabbed her hand tighter, and looked her in the eye. Her face was soaked with tears, and giant puddles of tears rested underneath her eyes. "He's… dead". She started sobbing again loudly, and Meso stared of into the wall. "Dead, that can't be possible. No, I won't allow it!" he thought to himself. His eyes filled with tears, and he took of out of the house.

Halfway down his path, he crashed into someone. "Watch where you are going next time!" he cried without looking up, and took off again. "That's no way to talk to a lady!" a reply came back.

So tell me what you think of it. And be honest, i would like all the critisements i can get. If people like it, i must just continue on. I wil explain more about Balthazar and all the characters next update, if i get that far.Oh, and even though this this is set in Sinnoh, there are extra areas put in, like the forest at the start.

crasher191

The raw power of dragons...
    Years
    The End Of A Journey, Yet The Start Of Another
    Immediately Meso looked back. There, standing in front of him, was his childhood love, Korin. Hands on her hips, she stood there staring at him. Quickly he ran back, wiped away his tears and looked at her. But it wasn't enough to fool her. "You've…been crying, haven't you?" she said softly. "Me, crying, no!" Meso said quickly, wanting to retain his honour. "It's alright if you did, I did when I first found out as well. Come on, lets go to the cliff."

He let his legs dangle over the edge, as he looked out to sea. The sun was setting and pokemon were going to sleep everywhere. A pelipper flew into an indent in the cliff face, and nestled down with another pelipper and their wingull chicks. As Meso stared off into the horizon, he couldn't help but remember when he was here last, with Balthazar.

"Look at it" he had said. "Isn't it beautiful". He turned to face Meso. "As you know, I am a pokemon breeder. One of the best too. That is why, there are a few people out there dedicated to stopping me, and my work. But they will not succeed, ever." "Who are they, Balthazar" Meso said. "They are the source of all evil in Sinnoh. They are said to live in the shadows themselves. To the contrary, their signature pokemon is a gengar. They are Team…"

"Shadow…" finished Meso, now looking out at sea with Korin again. "Who", she said, turning around to face him. "Team shadow, they are the ones who did it. They are the ones who murdered Balthazar." His blood boiled thinking of their name, and rage filled his eyes. "Well then, good thing you get your first pokemon tomorrow, along with us!" He suddenly came back to the real world again. He had totally forgot about that. "Well, I best be off Meso, got to get back before tomorrow!" She gave him a kiss and walked off.

Meso lay in his bed, tossing and turning. He couldn't get to sleep, because he kept having nightmares. He was running, and behind him a massive gengar chased him. Finally he drifted off, only to be awoken soon after. "Go away" he muttered, clawing at what ever it was awakening him. "What, you want to wake up late and miss your pokemon, do you?" "Oh ****!" he exclaimed, and flew out of bed. He threw on any old clothes, and wolfed down his breakfast. "Slow down!" his mum said. "They will be there all morning!" After they finished breaky, they headed over to the lab, where the professor was waiting. Also waiting was Hau and Korin. "Good morning, sleepy head!" "Leave me alone," Meso said, and they walked inside.

"Alrighty then people, time to choose your pokemon. We have here a charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur. Meso, you drew shortest straw, so you can go first." Meso thought hard for a second, before choosing. "Charmander" he said strongly. "Can do my son". He released the pokemon for Meso to see. Straight away, it ran around the professor, tripping him up, and over to Meso, who it tackled over and began laughing. Meso joined him, and tackled him to, making his flame burn even fiercer. "Haha, you two are gonna get along just fine" the professor said, getting up and brushing himself off. "Well now, who do you two want?" Korin said Bulbasaur whilst Hau was stuck with Squirtle.

The professor handed them their pokedex's, with Meso's being black, Korin's pink and Hau's blue. Thanking him, they walked out of the lab. All saying goodbye to their parents respectively, they released their pokemon, for them to see. Charmander blew an ember at bulbasaur, who cried and vine whipped squirtle, then fainted. Squirtle bubbled charmander, and then they both fainted. They all laughed, and they withdrew their pokemon.

"Before you go Meso, I have a favour to ask of you" the professor said. He pulled out 2 eggs and gave it to him. He wasn't expecting one, let alone two! "We found them in Balthazar's backpack. As his most trusted student, he would want you to have them." "Thank you professor". "How come he gets two eggs?" questioned Hau. "It's because he buckled down in school," his mum said. "No fair" he muttered to himself, and walked off to route 201. Meso and Korin shortly followed, waving goodbye.

But in the bushes was aipom. He looked a little said. He ran back to his tree, collected some berries and ran off after them.

Back