• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The World

Grimdour

Sleepsleepysleepy~
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Right, basically this will be a Pokemon game set in all four regions.

Features to come:

• All four regions to be playable
    • Uniform graphics(using the FR/LG overworld tilesets with D/P/Pt battle scenes)
    • Running shoes work indoors
    • All Pokemon are obtainable via secret locations(for event Pokemon) and NPCs willing to trade(for trade-only evolutions)
    • Possibly the use of the PokeGear for Kanto & Johto trainers and the Poketch for Hoenn & Sinnoh trainers
    • All 8 primary trainers can be used
    • Sandbox-style; players can run around the whole country without being hampered much by the four Teams(Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galaxy). However they will be present as secondary goals along with facing the Legendary Pokemon.
    And now for the bad part;

First off, I need map images of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn similar to the Town Map in D/P, and ideas for the Silver League building(the new Pokemon League in Johto), a new Champion to replace Blue in the Indigo League and a new Elite Four member to replace Bruno in the Silver League.

Also, probably a few people adept in RMXP who can tutor me in how things work and help me out along the way.
    Plus some spriters to help me with the reposing and such.

Last edited:

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I have a question, how'd you get the running shoes to work in doors?

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Oh.. so it's not an actual made feature in your game yet?... You kinda need to clarify that. Like.. Features to come, or something.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Well, he is writing in future tense, so you can kind of determine that not all these have been developed yet.

And if you're asking for help with essentials, check out lines 22 - 28 of Walk_Run.

Code:
    def pbCanRun?
     return Input.press?(Input::A) && $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes &&
       (
        pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor) ||
        ($PokemonEncounters && $PokemonEncounters.isCave?)
       )
    end

Grimdour

Sleepsleepysleepy~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Oh.. so it's not an actual made feature in your game yet?... You kinda need to clarify that. Like.. Features to come, or something.
    Yeah, sorry about that.

Not exactly a veteran here.

@ Mrchewy: Thanks for the code.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    god I feel old now. XD But yeah nice look so far. I can try to help you in anyway possible. But I need a nap for a few hours. PM me if your interested.

Grimdour

Sleepsleepysleepy~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Right, a bit of a problem.

I need a few people who are adept at RPG Maker XP to help out with the project. So far I've gotten nowhere and managed to muck up even the essentials.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Your project looks like interresting. Have you written the story of your game ?

Back