• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tilesets and RPGXP Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2008
    Hi.I've just downloaded rpg maker xp and wnt to get started on my first pokemon game. i belive i have a few tilesets but have no ide on how to insert them into the rpg maker. i see alot of people use the exact same program as me and would appreciate it if they could help out.

Also, RPG MAKER XP comes with presets that have really good towns etc but i need to put in chracters from pokemon as well as actual pokemon and hedges and grass, etc.

all help appreciated

Quazale

How does my smile look?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Hey RemourZ,
    your answer to the first question is:
    1. Go along the toolbar up the top until you see Materials
    2. Click on it
    3. Then make your way down the folders until you see Graphics/Tilesets
    4. Click on it
    5. Then click on import and look for the folder or whatever you kept it in and then double click on your tilesets
    6. Then again make your way along the toolbar again until you see Database
    7. Click on it
    8. Then click tilesets up the top of your new window.
    9. Next you go along the left hand toolbar and click change maximum and then scroll down until you see a blank spot
    10.click on it and then on the other side you can name it and choose your tileset graphic.
    11. Well now that i've told you this you may have already done it but instead you could have gotten rid of one of your existing (that you don't want) tilesets and changed it to your needs.

RemourZ I hope i helped you out. B-)
    Seeya

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Alternatively, you could download poccil's Pokémon Essentials. It has a huge tileset with it, and includes most of the Pokémon systems. However, it's quite hard to use if you're new at RPG Maker.

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    go to material base,choose file and click import

btw, this is posted in the wrong section

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2008
    thnks for the help. sorry bout posting in the wrong section. that was my first post on the forums.

Btw, where can u download Poccil's Starter kit from?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2008
    Thanks for the help. i do have one prbolem though. i have inserted the tileset and follwoed the instrcutions excaly bubt i cant seem to bring the newly imported tielset into the bar on the left so i can click on it and paste it on the secrenn

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back