• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Tim

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    800_size_incin_image_with_effects_eviolite_text.png
    Introduction
    A game I made for my not so Pokemon experienced friends, released for everyone because people asked for it under my videos.
    It's a vanilla-ish version of Emerald with new cool tools (Pokemon, Items, Moves etc.) up to gen 7, that ramps up in difficulty but never gets completely out of hand with some new awkward characters and insiders you won't understand.

Features
    ● Pokemon, Moves, Items, Abilities up to Gen 7
    ● All wild encounters on all routes and in all areas adjusted and filled with new Pokemon
    ● All trainers adjusted (important trainers have no battle items)
    ● Trainer/Gym Leader rematches available
    ● Dialogue changes to some important characters. Story stays mostly the same
    ● Mega Pokemon
    ● Physical Special Split
    ● Fairy Type
    ● Items such as Rare Candies, Sitrus Berries, Heart Scales, Ability Capsules, various newer held items and more are purchasable
    ● Reusable TMs
    ● Gen 5 Repel System
    ● Shows when abilities are activated in battle and the name of the ability
    ● Running indoors
    ● Check IV's and EV's by pressing L and R in the stat summary screen. Go back to your stats by pressing START
    ● Stats effected by natures are colored. Red -> positive and Blue -> negative

Screenshots
    pokeemerald-4.png
    pokeemerald-5.png
    pokeemerald-0.png
    pokeemerald-17.png
    pokeemerald-1.png
    pokeemerald-2.png
    pokeemerald-3.png
    pokeemerald-12.png
    pokeemerald-14.png
    pokeemerald-15.png
    pokeemerald-16.png

Downloads
    Click here for the google drive link where you can find the game patch and the hack's extensive documentation.

Make sure to use Pokémon Emerald (U) (TrashMan) as the base for patching with a .ups patcher like Tsukuyomi.
    This will give you a .gba file you can open with an emulator.
    So far I've only tested with mGBA so I can't guarantee other emulators will work flawlessly.

Known Issues
    Spoiler:

Credits
    A huge thanks to:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I realize this might be a redundant question, but is the PSS in this hack? It wasnt listed anywhere in the features, and i just wanna make sure before i start playing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    I realize this might be a redundant question, but is the PSS in this hack? It wasnt listed anywhere in the features, and i just wanna make sure before i start playing.

Are you referring to the Player Search System from X and Y? I am sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean and this is what came up when I googled PSS.
    The game does not have online functionality and anything making use of it, if that answers your question.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    Hello, you mentioned this game has Pokemon From Gen 1 to 7 but When i battled The Gym Leader in Petalburg Town Drake had a Grimmsnarl which is a gen 8 Pokemon, so my question is does this game has Gen 1 to 8 Mons??

I'm afraid you have downloaded the other game that I made. That's my fault, for the first day or so the link took you to the other game. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This has been fixed.
    If you click on the download link you can access "Pokemon Limited Emerald" (the short boss rush hack where everything is lv 100 and Pokemon up to gen 8 are available) and "Pokemon Tim" (the one I'm advertising in this thread)

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Are you referring to the Player Search System from X and Y? I am sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean and this is what came up when I googled PSS.
    The game does not have online functionality and anything making use of it, if that answers your question.

PSS: Physical / Special Split

EDIT: Also, trade evos by level? Why not creating a Link Stone for the ones that do not need an item (e.g: Metal Coat) and make the item useable (as a stone) for the ones who do?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    PSS: Physical / Special Split

EDIT: Also, trade evos by level? Why not creating a Link Stone for the ones that do not need an item (e.g: Metal Coat) and make the item useable (as a stone) for the ones who do?

Oh yeah, physical special split. That makes a lot of sense. It's in there and just to make sure I'll add this to the feature tab.

About trade evos: I'll be honest I didn't have too much time to make this and very little coding knowledge so I went with something I knew I could make work instead of complicating things.
    I do think the link stone is a great way of doing it though and a lot more flavorful. Loved it in Reborn for example.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    Hello, i'm playing your rom but i cant find a Larvesta, can you do a list of pokemons locations please?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    Can I find any item and pokemon location list?

I have added a list for all the encounters in the google drive folder. Although it's a little scuffed.
    Items are mostly the same as in Emerald and the important ones (mega stones, event items) are listed in the Item Locations Document.

To mega evolve you need to complete the story up to a certain point. If you do that you can't miss getting the Mega Bracelet. After that you only need to find the correct Mega Stones, which are hidden around the region. Like I said, where to find them is listed in the documentation though, if you are looking for something specific.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, well i just wanted to ask what about the EXP sharing item? Does it unlock the same time as it does in vanilla Emerald? (So given by the DEV Corp)?
    And this Exp-Sharing works like the new generation ones or its the default item of Emerald?
    So far i'm really enjoying the rom so far, its hard but not impossible and have new cool additions

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    Ok, well i just wanted to ask what about the EXP sharing item? Does it unlock the same time as it does in vanilla Emerald? (So given by the DEV Corp)?
    And this Exp-Sharing works like the new generation ones or its the default item of Emerald?
    So far i'm really enjoying the rom so far, its hard but not impossible and have new cool additions

That's fair. If you have questions feel free to just ask here.
    The EXP Share is exactly the same as in regular Emerald, both its location and its function.
    And glad to hear you're having a good time.

Days
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Just wanted to ask how does the mega evolution work? I also founded that charmander and charmeleon is replaced with machop and timburr.

Back