• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trainer Academy

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter One

Yue trembled. She had never seen so many people before! From where she was, the line seemed to stretch out forever.

"Look, it's a Chinese!"

Yue stiffened. Make them go away, make them go away, she pleaded, her eyes shut.

A few seconds passed before she dared open her eyes. Slowly, she turned her head in the direction she had heard the voice. She saw a large, spiky brown-haired boy, pointing his finger at her and whispering something to the other two behind him. Yue's heart sank. The boy was now walking in her direction, his two goons following, snickering, behind him.

"What's your name?" the boy with the brown hair told her rudely.

"Y-Yue," she whispered.

"Are you a Chinese?" he demanded. "We don't see many people like you around here."

The two boys in at his side nodded. Yue fought back tears. He was so rude!

"Anyway," the boy in the middle continued. "I don't think you should be in the academy."

Yue was so surprised that she let out a squeak. "Why not?"

He looked from right to left as though checking if anybody was listening than approached his head and said quietly, "I heard...rumors. That the people who work there don't like people who are...different."

Yue bit her lip. Was this true?

"So," the boy said. "I wouldn't really try if I were you."

He retreated back to his companions, and the trio left with a very satisfied look on their faces.

The line in front of her moved forward. Yue trudged along miserably. If what that boy said was true, that she was too 'different'...

"Hey, watch where you're putting your feet!"

She looked up. She had stepped on somebody's foot.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she mumbled.

The boy, however, stared at her angrily and started, "Well, next time yo--" he broke off. He widened his eyes, as though seeing her for the first time, his gaze darting from Yue's midnight black hair to her dark chestnut eyes. He ran off without another word, an expression of disbelief etched on his face.

Yue couldn't help it. She burst into tears. Why...?

It's because you're different, whispered a sly voice.

That doesn't make any sense, she thought, brushing her cheek with the back of her hand, wiping away her tears. It still doesn't make any sense.

"Next."

She gave a small jump. While she had been crying, the line had moved forward.

"Next. Is there a Yue Meilong in here?"

"Y-Yes!" she squeaked. Drying the last of her tears, she hurried forward, where a man in a suit sat behind a desk, holding a clipboard in one hand.

He eyed her interestedly. "You are Miss Meilong?"

"Y-Yes," she answered, slightly blushing. She was only eight; she had never been called 'Miss' before.

The man tutted. "It says here you originate from Hoenn, correct?"

"Yes," she replied uneasily.

"Your family has moved here recently?"

"Um, yes," Yue said, shifting nervously from foot to foot. The people behind her were chatting curiously and impatiently. Why was she the only one being questioned like this? She didn't want to know.

"And your current address is the one of 2540, Kylian Street, Viridian City?"

"Yes." There was now a pleading tone in her voice.

The man smiled. "Don't worry, Miss, just verifications, just that...so." His face became serious. "You want to pass the entrance exam for the Pokemon Trainer Academy?"

Yue nodded. Finally, a question related to the subject.

"Are you certain of your choice?"

She nodded again, a little more confidently.

The man paused. "Absolutely sure?"

"Yes," she answered, slightly irritately. She didn't need to repeat it ten thousand times!

"There will be..." He lowered his voice. "...difficulties. You will have to face great challenges. It won't be easy. You'll need strength, courage and determination."

"I know," Yue informed him. Oh, if only he knew how much she knew...

The man hesitated. "There will also be...danger."

She looked at him, alarmed. "Danger?" she repeated, not sure whether she had heard right. "How could there be danger? I thought the academy was safe?"

He shook his head. "Things are changing," he murmured. "Especially for you," he added, glancing at her dark hair. "So...for the last time, are you absolutely sure about this? Despite all my warnings?"

"Yes," Yue replied firmly, though she didn't feel nearly as confident as she sounded. Danger! She was an eight-year old!

The man grinned. "Then, Miss, you will come here again tomorrow at eleven o'clock, before noon, to take your test."

Yue managed a shy smile. "Thank you," she said softly.

He gestured at her with a large hand. "Run along, now, I have to deal with that lot behind you." He nudged the long line of impatient youths. "See you tomorrow." He winked at her.

She winked back, hurrying off, feeling pleased with herself. Perhaps not everyone thought her an abomination because of her heritage. With that thought clutched firmly in her mind, she ran back to the gateway, where her parents stood, waiting for her.

~*~

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Wow! This is really awesome! I can't wait until there's more for me to read, cause it seems like there's going to be a lot to it. I couldn't find any grammatical errors that jumped out at me either.
    Great job,
    ~Lydia

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Yue's emotions are explained very clearly here, but what about the academy? I'm kind of clueless about what it is all about. Maybe I'm judging too quickly and everything will be explained later.
    Love the chapter though and can't wait for Chapter 2!

Back