• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trainer School 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
  • Crystal Estrada
    Crystal Estrada's cerulean eyes glittered in the bright sunlight as the girl in the sky blue kimono stared up at the clock at the very peak of the clock tower, sheilding her eyes from the unrelentless rays of sun. A slight but steady breeze had picked up, making the bottom of her kimono move freely around her legs. A hint of worry was in her eyes-she was obviously worried about being late to class. She frowned as she read the clock- 8:05 A.M. Was she late already without knowing it? She pushed the thought out of her mind and began to walk forwards toward the entrance.

Following her like a puppy was a cream-colored, fox like-Pokemon, nine long, slender tails trailing after it as it walked. Its legs visibly rippled with muscle, showing really that, to the powerful Ninetales, that she was flexing more than walking. Her eyes were an unusual color-blue like her owners, azure like sapphires. The Ninetales was in extremely good condition despite living outside of a Poke Ball and having to hunt for herself at times.

Crystal reached the door, which was being held open by a young, kindly gentleman. Crystal said a quick "Thank you" along with a nod that said the same and continued on through the door in a hurried manner, not wanting to be late for class. Her Ninetales trotted along behind her.

As Crystal began looking around at the interior she began having to hold back gasps as she continued through the halls, following the map and schedule she had withdrawn from her bag and was now in her hand. As she arrived at her designated classroom- Battle 101, she reached up to her bun of blonde hair one her head and removed the Ninetales pin from it, letting her silky, straight hair fall to her mid-back. She tossed her head a few times, relieving her eyes of the strands of hair that blocked them, and entered the room and took the first seat she saw.

Her neighbour was a long-haired brunette with petite, blue glasses that perfectly fit her eyes. She gave a warm smile along with a little wave, and Crystal replied with an unsure motion of the hand, but returned the smile gladly.

The teacher announced that they would be battling so he could observe their skill level and reveal what was most in need of working on. He split everyone in the room up in pairs, and Crystal ended up with the brunette since they were right beside each other. Crystal guessed that this was time to make her first friend, and her first battle at this school. She was not exactly a beginner, more advanced than most at this school probably were. Wildfire had been taught almost all of the TM's she could learn, for TM's are easy to lose and drop in a forest, and Crystal or Wildfire always found them.

"So, what's your name?" the brunette inquired, obviously an outgoing character, for there was no shyness in her soft, gentle voice.

"My name is Crystal Estrada, yours?" Crystal replied, sharing her similar side. Even though she had been deprived of human contact at a young age, and, unlike most would, it had increased her outgoingness-she wanted to meet new people and stray away from her usual lonely ways.

"My name is Annabell Hemmington. A pleasure to meet you, Crystal," the brunette answered, extending a hand for Crystal to shake, which she did. Annabell's emerald eyes shined with excitement as well as anticipation of the upcoming battle. She suddenly glanced down at Wildfire with a gasp, as if she had just noticed the graceful Pokemon, which was highly understandable due to the fact that fox Pokemon tend to be very sly, sneaky creatures. Annabell extended her open hand once more for Wildfire to sniff, just so the Ninetales would see that she meant no harm to her or her owner.

The Ninetales, usually extremely cautious of strangers, completely paid no mind whatsoever to the hand, instead nudging it away and leaping on her as if Annabell was an old friend that she hadn't seen in a year. She licked Annabell's chin as both of them stumbled, abvious joy shining in Wildfire's cerulean eyes while Crystal stood there and gaped at the two. Annabell scratched Wildfire behind her chin, also confused. Annabell gently giving the Ninetales a small push. And as obidient as a Growlithe, she backed away and sat down.
    Crystal courteously helped Annabell to her feet, mouth still wide open.

"Does... she usually do that?" Annabell asked curiously.

"No, certainly not! She usually would sniff one's hand and act warily for a long while before gaining complete trust in someone...but you... you must have a good aura that she can sense. I know it. She may not be a Lucario, but she can sense aura as good as one. But, this has never happened before..." Crystal said, her train of thought wandering. When she remembered the rest of the class, she looked up suddenly to see that everyone wasn't wathing (to her immense relief) was taking their spots for battle.

Crystal and Annabell both wished each other fine luck in the battle, though Crystal didn't care if she won or lost-the thrill of the battle was certainly undeniable. The two young girls took their places at the opposite sides of the arena. The arena floor was made of packed dirt, as to try and prevent terrain advantages. Wildfire gracefully pranced to the first fourth of the arena where she was supposed to stand.

The moment had finally come for Annabell to reveal her Pokemon. The red and white ball flew through the air, brusting open in a bright flash to reveal a blue, dog-like Pokemon with a tail similar to a dolphin's or a mermaid's. A Vaporeon, and Eeveelution.

Water against fire. Who whould win? There was only one way to find out.

Deep, rumbling sounds erupted form the two Pokemon's throats, and would have drowned out the starting whistle if the shrill noise had not hurt their unexpecting ears slightly. The growling and snarling drowned out the final fading notes of the whistle-the battle had finally begun.

When you have to live alone in the forest, you have a lot of free time after you set a firm routine. Crystal had gone through intense training with her Pokemon, teaching her three ways to battle-hand and body movements, dance, and verbal commands. This time, Crystal would use body and hand gestures-and dance. Wildfire had already focused one eyes on the Vaporeon and her trainer, swivelling the other one towards Crystal.

Crystal silently stood on the tip of her toes, sweeping her right hand in front of her body, making Wildfire tense up. Suddenly, Crystal's feet were moving across the ground, leaving it a few times in a form of ballet. Her Ninetales moved with her as the teacher's eyes averted to the battle immediately.

The Ninetales burst forth as Crystal did a leap, spinning in the air. Wildfire darted to the right as Crystal jumped to the left, then the right as Crystal lunged to the right, reaching the Vaporeon quickly. The awestrucken Annabell had not yet commanded her Pokemon to move, so the obedient Vaporeon did not.

Wildfire opened her jaws wide, clamiping down on the Vaporeon's right leg with immense force. The Pokemon screeched in pain, which brought Annabell back to her senses.

"Water Pulse, now, Arashi!" Annabell commanded. The Vaporeon gladly shot a beam of water forcefully at the Ninetales, who yelped in surprise and leaped back, except this time both eyes were on Arashi as she listened for Crystal's footsteps.

The girl in the sky blue kimono danced forwards, lifting her hands to the sky, then letting them fall to her side. Stillness.

The still of the arena was suddenly shattered by the Vaporeon acting on its own, charging forth at Wildfire, who was concentrating on the sun. Arashi rammed her head into the Ninetales, knocking her off of her feet, and yet Wildfire still managed to maintain her unwavering focus. She glowed with an emerald and yellow light as she summoned the solar energy of the sun to use Solar Beam. The powerful beam of natural energy erupted from the Fire Type's mouth, slamming into Arashi head on, knocking the Vaporeon back at least ten feet with a distressed cry.

Crystal paused in her dance step as she waited to see if the Vaporeon would rise. It lay still, obviously battered, it's eyes closed. Then it struggled to get to it's feet, failing three times before finally standing.

"Please, Arashi, hang in there, girl! Try a Double Team!" Annabell cried out in desperation.

The Vaporeon, hearing her tone of voice duplicated itself to form a circle around Ninetales and trainer, both whom were wearing smirks on their faces, even though Wildfire's gaze was flooded with pain from the water damage that was dealt to her. Crystal threw herself into another dance, spinning with her arms outstretched like a top. She spun herself in a circle, signaling the noble creature besdie her to use a Fire Spin.

The Ninetales lifted it's muzzle as to howl at the sky, but instead of a howl flame erupted from her slightly ajar lips, falling into a circle directly atop the Vaporeons, the duplicates vanishing almost like holograms. As the smoke and cleared Crystal and Wildfire could see that the remaining Vaporeon had doused the flames under it's owner's command.

Crystal, wishing to finish this battle, kneeled suddenly, slapping her hands on the ground once, then leaping backwards to give her Ninetales some room. The Ninetales did what it was told-to use Dig. The Pokemon began digging frantically with her paws, creating a large tunnel within a few seconds. By then Annabell had everything planned out.

"Arashi, quickly! Spray water down that hole with a Water Pulse!" the brunette yelled. The Vaporeon limped fairly quickly over to the hole, conjuring up the H20 inside of it, then releasing it in a relentless stream of gushing water. It ran through the tunnel, closely pursuing Wildfire, who finally leapt through the final layer of topsoil, sailing through the air in a diagonal manner.

A deep groaning came from the ground as the water found the exit and exploded from the ground, hitting Wildfire's back legs directly, causing ehr to flip and crash to the ground as the supply of water spraying from the hole dwindled. Wildfire struggled to regain the very same breath that had been knocked out of her upoin both the impact from the water and ground.

"Let's end this, Arashi!" Annabell shouted, watching as her Vaporeon lunged forward (frowning as she almost stumbled from fatiugue) and take off towards the gasping Pokemon at a full speed sprint.

Then, just in the knick of time Wildfire recaptured her breath and rose a bit groggily, riddled with scrapes just as Arashi was. She snarled and took the battle in her own hands since Crystal was standing still-and she took that as a command to decide what to do herself, anyways.

The lightning fast Ninetales lunged forwards, meeting Arashi in mid-leap, as both of them had jumped. The two passed each other, any attacks used unnoticable since it all only lasted a moment.

Both landed lithely, but in the end Vaporeon's balanced wavered first, and Arashi collapsed to the ground, followed by Wiildfire exactly ten seconds later. Crystal had won the battle! Adrenaline coursed rapidly through her veins from the thrill of a marvelous battle of two equal opponents. Crystal ran to her Ninetales, kneeling over her and cradling her head in her arms, stroking the Ninetales' fur gently and talking softly.

"You did a fine job, Wildfire, you really did," she whispered gently, taking out a slightly dusty Poke Ball from the flap on her kimono. She returned her Pokemon, then went to check on Arashi, who was being comforted and talked to by Annabell. Crystal stroked the Vaporeon's extremely short fur gently, trying to avoid scrapes and wounds. Annabell returned her Pokemon as well, and both girls ose at the same time, each shaking hands.

"That was a fabulous battle," they said in unsion, smiling. When they diverted their attention to the teacher, they saw the awestruck look on his fast and couldn't help but burst out laughing, which brought him back to his senses, even though a hint of awe lingered in his eyes and facial expression as he took their Poke Balls. He placed them in the healing machine, returning them to Crystal and Annabell after the healing process had finished.

The bell rang and Annabell left the room, but the teacher, Mr. Arnato, held Crystal back. Worry filled both of the girl's eyes.

"Don't worry, Crystal, you're not in trouble," Mr. Arnato said in a reassuring tone after the last student exited the room, closing the door behind him. "I am just... amazed by your advanced battle style. Even the best of trainers are uncable of such a feat, either that or none have ever tried. I am awestruck by your performance and the intelligence of you Ninetales. You have cared for her well."

Crystal nodded, her eyes glistening brightly as she replied, "Thank you, sir."

With that, the teacher guided her out of the door, holding it open for her. Crystal hurried off to her locker, making haste to gather her supplies for the next class.

OOC: Wow... longer than I anticipated. Sorry to put you trhough that long post, I hope it was interesting enough to burn youir eyes out of their sockets. xD

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
  • Wisherwisherwish: Sure, I'll be attending next year again, with a totally different character. Make a reservation for me, kay? LOL. I know it's too early.

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • woop! sorry about the delay, i've had finals this week at school and I'm still not done yet;;
    I'll have it before sunday!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry about the delay, I didn't notice this had started.
    -Giratina

Rodney Harrison bit his lip.

Normally, he was not one to admit defeat easily; in fact, it was probably the thing he liked to do the least (save maybe for group projects with a bunch of jabbering morons). This meant that Rodney very simply refused to depend on other people when he was quite sure he could do it himself - which he also considered very possible for him, a person who doesn't rely on others to get stuff dome almost on instinct.

Unfortunately, today this brought two of his most pressing matters into conflict: One, he was absolutely lost. Two, he wouldn't ask anyone for help.

Who even wants to go to Pokemon Care anyway?

Frowning, Rodney leaned against a locker and stared once more at his schedule. His Grumpig, Tristan, oinked worriedly.

"No, no, Tristan, I'm fine," he said absentmindedly as the green eyes once more scanned the paper. Where was the stupid room supposed to be anyway? Surely, by doing rounds of the school, he would have at least smelled the disgusting cleaning products that neat-freak Pokemon Care teachers always use in surplus. This hardly made any sense, and for the first of what would surely be many times Rodney found himself wondering why on Earth he had enrolled for this place anyway.

"Hey, moron. Outta the way."

Rodney was brought out of his pity party by the obviously-irritated voice of a teenage girl. Glancing upward, his raised his eyebrows. "Can I help you?"

This girl, you see, was not a trend-follower. This was obvious for a number of reasons, the first being the obnoxious, wide-brimmed Murkrow hat on her head. Compared to this strange choice of headgear, the rest of the girl was rather uninteresting - black leather jacket (almost like a lab coat) over a white shirt and blue jeans, with battered and frayed edges on pretty much everything.

"Punk?" he asked calmly.

"Excuse me?"
    she snarled.

"I said, by the looks of your attire you strongly resemble someone who's into loud, screaming semi-music and thick eye shadow."

"That's not what you said, moron."

"Such language, too," Rodney snorted. He found it cruelly satisfying to mess with people like this. "Mhm, looks like I was right."

"Just get out of the way to my locker, and you're not going to regret it. We clear?"

Rodney smiled warily and stepped out of the way of what seemed to be this girl's locker.

"Newbie?" she grunted after she had retrieved the required books and whatnot.

"If you mean a new student, then yes. You're right. I am a 'newbie'. So, to take full advantage of my newbish abilities, where's the Pokemon Care classroom?"

The girl pointed at the door next to her locker, which had a plaque on it that said 'Pokemon Care'.

"Alright, then," he said cheerily. "Thank you."

As it turned out, there was more than school know-how to figure out why the girl knew where Pokemon Care was. She was in Rodney's class, and they were of course put together for the convenience of the roleplay. So there they were, expected to do a worksheet on the proper sheening of metallic Pokemon together. Rodney had instinctively reached for the sheet to do it by himself, but the other girl had it done faster than he could read the sentences.

"How do you know that stuff?" he asked, astonished.

"My brother has a Magneton," she said flatly. "Most of the time he's too busy with other intrests to remember to take care of it - or do anything else, for that matter - so the responsibility of mechanical Pokemon care falls to me."

"Your brother sounds like a real jerk."

She gave him an evil glare, and Rodney got the memo. Note to self: don't insult Pokemon Care partner's family.

"So... what's your name, anyway?"
    he asked, suddenly realizing that it would be easier to keep a note on her if he knew a basic shred of information.

"Amelia," she said. "But call me Yami. It sounds better."

Rodney raised an eyebrow at Yami's choice of nickname, but let it slide anyway.

"What's with the chatter?" bellowed a loud voice from above.

Rodney and Yami looked up to see what Rodney certainly did not expect to be a Pokemon Care teacher: a tall, well-built man with hair in a boot cut.

"We finished the worksheet, and there's nothing to do,"
    Yami said sweetly.

"Well, but down on the talking." With that, he turned on his heel and went to ridicule someone else.

The rest of the class proceeded without a hitch, and finally Yami glanced at Rodney's schedule and chirped happily that next class for both of them was her personal favorite: Battle Training.

Yami and Rodney arrived in the gym for Battle Training... late. They were arguing about who caused this to happen, and instead of stopping them the (rather merciless) battle instructor let their voices boom around the gym so that everyone else could snicker at them. After all, they were the late ones.

"It's your fault," Rodney insisted.

"No, it's yours," said Yami.

"You were the one who stopped to talk."

"That was you."

"I have no friends."

"Neither do I."

"You don't?"

"Nope."

"Why's that?"

"Mostly because I hang out with morons like you who make me late for class."

"We're not late for class!"

Yami blinked at Rodney and looked around. Everyone, including the teacher, was staring at them while trying to hold down laughter.

"You're late for class," the teacher spluttered between giggles.

Rodney sighed. Why must he constantly be surrounded by idiots? Shaking his head, he gestured foer Tristan to follow him to the end of the line. Yami released a Murkrow and stood at the other end, smirking at him as she passed.

"Alright," boomed the teacher. "Now that we're all present, today we're going to focus on strategy." Rodney raised his eyebrows. "You'll be divided into pairs by me, and will then start a five-turn battle in which you must utilize your Pokemon's abilities and defend against their disadvantages as much as you can. Now, since mister Rodney and miss Amelia seem to be so acquaintanced to each other..."

Yami grimaced.

"...they will have the first match. Rodney, Amelia, here."

Yami, Murkrow perched on her outstretched arm, walked up to the teacher. Rodney followed suit with Tristan trailing along behind. He gave them an explanation on where to stand ("Opposite sides of the arena") and what to do ("Beat the tar out of the other one as cleverly as you can") and then set them off to do their thing.

"Aaaaand... BEGIN!"

[end]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    OMGOMGOMG IT'S CHAPTER 1. :O

Thump, thump, thump...

Astrid's dad slowly went up to her bedroom full of Pokemon plushies. As he went up, he had to shield his eyes from the rays of sun passing through the double-hung window; the sun was awfully bright."Wahh!" he exclaimed. His foot had slipped from one of the steps. That was close . . . I really need to have this staircase fixed, he thought.

"Astrid, wake up! It's your first day of—" he whispered loudly, hoping she wouldn't be startled.

"What? Where? Huh?" she exclaimed. Her eyes were still closed.

"Sorry for waking you up like that honey, I just don't want to be late for trainer school."

"For . . . trainer school?" she shouted. Her eyes were now wide open.

"Well, your mom and I talked about it a few days ago and—"

"But dad . . . there are other people there . . . I just . . . can't . . ."

"Well, there are Pokemon there, and you love Pokemon, am I right?" he said, giving Astrid a wink.

"Of course I do! But the people . . ."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make lots of friends over there, now let's go. Your first class is Pokemon Basics, it starts at 7:30 AM. Don't be late." He gave her another wink, then went back down.

Astrid hurriedly got ready, even if she didn't want to; she ran to the bathroom, washed her face, picked up her long, bright green toothbrush and brushed her teeth. She didn't know what to feel right now. It seemed like one side of her felt anger, one side felt fear, and the other felt excitement.

She looked at the clock. It was 7:16 AM. Oh no, it's almost time and I haven't eaten breakfast yet.

She tried on many outfits before she found the one she liked; she slapped on a plain, red top and a pair of fitted jeans and tied her wavy, blonde hair with a small, orange pigtail.

She looked at the clock once again—7:20 AM. Ten more minutes 'till class starts, I can make it. . . .

The narrowness of the staircase made it hard to be able to quickly run down. Astrid had no choice, she had to. This might be the first time she'll be late—ever.

"Whew, I made it. And I thought I was gonna fall," she said to herself.

"Come on, Astrid, breakfast's ready. Hurry up, I might be late for work." Astrid's dad kissed her on the cheek, picked up his big, black suitcase and walked towards his shiny, silver car.

Since her dad wasn't there, instead of eating the two sunny-side up eggs their cook, Cherry made her, she grabbed a bag of potato chips and off she went.

She went outside and saw their limo parked outside the gate. A tall figure was approaching her. It was their driver.

"Good morning, mada'm, your father ordered me to drive you to trainer school. Eon is inside the limo, take good care of him." He grabbed her hand and escorted her to the limo.

Astrid always thought he was a weirdo; she calls him a "lifeless zombie". All the tall, pale, forty-three year old man seemed to do was follow their every command.

"Excuse me, what time is it?" she asked, trying her best to sound polite.

"It's 7:26, mada'm. Worried about being late?"

"Well, kind of. . . ."

"Trainer school is only a 2 minute drive from here."

Astrid felt quite relieved; she knew she wasn't going to be late.

Exactly 2 minutes later, they arrived at trainer school. Woah, he really was right.

Everyone was looking at her as she stepped out of the limo—and she didn't like that. She felt good though, but that's because Eon, her Espeon, was with her.

She was completely lost; she didn't know anything about this huge place.

"Ahhh!" She looked back and saw a girl, about 1-inch shorter than her with chestnut-colored hair, her skin and eyes just like hers.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. . . ."

Astrid knew she had to say something, but she was too shy to. She could feel her arms and legs trembling.

"H—h—hi ther—there, My name's As—astrid. Wha—what's yours?"

"I'm Bianca, nice to meet you. I could tell you're lost. Do you want me to help you get to your first class?" she asked.

"We—well, my fir—first class is Pokemon Ba—basics. Would you mind telling me where the cla—classroom i—is?" Astrid replied, actually smiling at Bianca.

"Pokemon Basics? That's my first class too! Sure, I'll help you. Just follow me." Bianca answered, grabbing Astrid's hand and marching towards the classroom.

When they arrived at the classroom, everyone was looking at her again. Astrid tried her best to ignore them, but she couldn't.
    The bell rang at the exact same time.

"Why hello there Ms. Wallflower, come, have a seat," said a lady wearing eyeglasses with black, straight, shoulder-length hair which was tied with a red pigtail.

"By the way, my name is Joy Gleeda, call me Ms. Gleeda," she continued, "I will be your Pokemon Basics teacher from now on."

There were 5 rows of seats, each row had 3 seats. There were only 2 seats left. They were both in the front row, beside each other. Astrid and Bianca occupied the seats.

"Hey Astrid, that's a cute Espeon by the way," whispered Bianca.

"Thanks. . . . That's a nice Cherubi you have there, too," replied Astrid, looking at the pink, round Pokemon with a smaller head growing out of it resting below Bianca's desk.

"Okay class, listen" said Ms. Gleeda, "today, I will show you how to catch a Pokemon." She paused for a bit, then continued. "I will give each of you 3 Pokeballs. I have placed some Bidoof, Shinx, and Starly outside in the Training Field. You will try to catch one of those Pokemon."

Ms. Gleeda gave everyone a book, containing information on how to catch a Pokemon.

After a few minutes of reading it, Ms. Gleeda told the class to go to the Training Field. Everyone looked excited—but Astrid wasn't. Instead, she looked scared.

Once they arrived at the Training Field, the challenge started.

I can do this, relax Astrid, relax, Astrid told herself.

"Here goes nothing. . . ." Astrid closed eyes, took a deep breath, and bam! She threw a Pokeball at a Shinx, hoping it would be caught. The Pokeball was shaking left and right, she knew it wasn't going to be caught. But then, she heard a sound. . . . The Shinx was caught!

"Ms. Gleeda, I caught a Pokemon! A Pokemon!" exclaimed Astrid, jumping up and down. Her tutor never taught her anything like this.

"Congratulations Astrid! Now go on, don't be shy. Keep those Pokeballs and keep the Shinx, you deserve it! You can go to your next class now," said Ms. Gleeda, who actually seemed happy for Astrid.

((OOC:Sorry for the late post, I'm on a trip right now. Glad I found some time to get on. <3 And my post was longer than I expected. XD))

Last edited:

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • (OOC: again, sorry about the delay!)

Mina finally gave a huge sigh. She had been walking for 30 minutes, trying to find this new school she was supposed to attend. She remembered her aunt giving her directions to the place but could vaguely remember even paying attention. It didn't matter to her anymore, she got here so that was all. She took a moment to stare at the huge bell tower to look at the details put into it. The sun was getting into her eyes so she looked back down.

"Miiiii--- Mii-- minun!!"

"What was that," Mina calmly said as she turned her head to where the sound was coming from. From a distance you could see a small creature helplessly trying its hardest to run so fast. "Oh! I'ts you Minny... Sorry, kinda forgot that you were following me." Mina's minun, Minny, gave her an angry look and held onto her jeans as to not lose her owner again.

"Kay, I think I'm late for class," Mina said after calmly staring at the clock again. She took out her schedule and map to the school and looked back up at the school again. She finally stepped inside the gates to find many other students with their pokemon, some battling others. Ohh, this is bad... Mina thought to herself. Honestly, Mina had no idea what she was doing in this school. She had no Pokemon experience and had no clue to anything about battling. She was deprived from Pokemon so much that she just basically stepped into another world.

Mina slowly walked through the courtyard, passing other students, trying to avoid any eye-contact with anyone while Minny clung onto her jeans and took everything in with excitement. Her first class was Pokemon Evolution. That sounded okay, didn't seem like it had to do with battling. After searching for a good length of time, she entered her classroom to find that the class hasn't started yet. She gave a sigh of relief and sat in a seat close to the center.

"Hiya!"

"What," Mina was a bit startled by someone talking directly into her ear. She turned her head to see a small girl right at her face. Mina stared at her for a bit and then started to worry what was going on. "Um... yes?" Mina asked this smiling girl. This other girl had short hair like her but had a lighter shade of brown to it. Mina took a second to stare at the other girl's hair, which was sticking up everywhere, only having one hairband to keep some of it down.

"Oh! I'm Kali! That's a really cute Minun you have stuck to you, what's her name?"

"Uh.. it's Minny... How did you know she was a girl?" she asked, because obviously, Mina didn't have a clue she was a girl until her mother told her.

"Umm... it isn't that hard but I am trying to be a breeder while being a trainer so I know these kind of things."

"ah..." was all Mina said in return, she thought the conversation was over until Kali spoke again. Why is this girl talking so much?

"Isn't this exciting? First day of school and all, and our first class is Pokemon Evolution! It's pretty cool how some pokemon only evolve with certain items and some don't, don't you think that's interesting?"

Mina was completely lost, she had no idea what Kali was saying. Pokemon evolve? Does that mean her Minun was going to evolve too? And what did she mean by some pokemon only evolving with certain items? She stared at her minun while having a tiny brain explosion.

"Hey, you okay? By the way, what's your name?" Kali exclaimed, quickly changing from subject to subject.

"Mina"

"That's cool! Now we're best friends!"

Is that how it worked? Mina honestly never had a best friend before, she didn't think it would be this easy.

------------------------------------------------

The class went by quickly. It was just an introduction to the class and a brief overview of what they were going to learn throughout the year. She stood up when the bell rand and exited the room.

"Heyyy wait, where do you think you're going without meeee"

"What?"

"Don't we have the same class together next too? Let's go together," Kali sang.

"We have Pokemon History next… is that class really even necessary? I thought battling was just fighting pokemon with pokemon," Mina said while still staring at the school map as if it could possibly transfer itself to her memory.

"Whaat? That's ridiculous! There's so much more to pokemon battling than just fighting! Haven't you ever battled before?" Kali said as she skipped along the hallways, somehow not needing the school map.

"Um, no, not really. Frankly, I've never even seen any pokemon other than my Minny" which by the way, Mina forgot that she had with her again and looked down at her leg to find her minun still stuck to her.

Kali immediately stopped in her tracks and made of full 360 degree turn to face Mina, "WHAT? Have you been living under a rock your whole life? Aren't you like… 15? Surely you've at least seen a battle before? Or maybe your neighbors or someone had some pokemon for you to play with?"

"Um… it's kind of complicated…" Mina didn't want to say anymore, she couldn't care less about her past or the reasoning behind everything. The fact was that Mina was clueless about pokemon and that was that.

Kali stared at Mina's face and broke into a small smile, "Well then, we have a lot of learning to do then!" Kali then grabbed Mina's arm and dragged her to their next class. "By the way, I like your apron Mina, it matches your hair clips… and your pokemon haha."

--------------------------------------------------

Kali gave a huge yawn as she leaned towards Mina's desk next to her, "You know what Mina, I'm going to have to agree with you… I think this class is kind of pointless and not to mention, BORING!!" she silently yelled as she rested her head back on her desk.

Mina nodded at Kali's words but couldn't bring herself to completely agree to her own words. The class was interesting and gave her more insight of the world she was hidden from. One thing that interested her was how much history could be contained of something she couldn't even think existed.

Mr. Sandson, their Pokemon History teacher, after giving a brief description of the whole timeline, after looking at the clock, said, "Okay then class, I know you guys weren't really expecting much homework out of a Trainer School, but I want you guys to write me only one page of what you think of the history and the timeline of it all. A collected groan sounded throughout the room and Mina could only stare blankly. She continued to stare as the other classmates started talking to each other about this assignment.

The whole class filed out of the class when the bell rang and Kali tailed Mina when exiting.

"Ahhhh how boring, we actually have to do these kinds of things," Kali said as she finally let her own pokemon out of the pokeball, which was a togekiss. "Go on, play with Mina's minun."

Mina only stared at the two pokemon exchanging greetings and thought about the assignment as well. How is she going to do this assignment?

Though, that wasn't one of her worries at the moment, she had Pokemon Battling class next and Kali wasn't in her class. Oh, how was she going to survive this for a whole year?

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
  • Crystal Estrada

Crystal exited the class quietly, a thin smile on her face. Annabell gripped her arm to let Crystal know that she was there. Crystal's grin grew as they walked down the halls, Annabell chatting with Crystal about how beautiful the battle was.

"You dance beautifully, and your Pokemon understand you," Annabell complimented. "Wildfire only had to look at you in the beginning of the battle, and then from there she was able to hear you, feel you. I could sense the strong bond between the two of you. It's definately breath-taking."

The blonde and brunette both walked along to their next class-Gym. Crystal couldn't wait to see what lay inside.

"Wildfire loves to run and jump," Crystal said eagerly. "And she can run fast and jump high and far."

"Arashi loves to swim and leap out of the water. maybe they'll have different things for Pokemon to do that shows their abilities. Like, a running course or hurdle track for fast, long-legged Pokemon, ya' know?" Annabell asked, smiling as Crystal nodded in agreement.

The two exited the West Wing and into the outside, the summer sun bearing down on the back of their necks relentlessly. They sped up a bit, Crystal remembering to release Wildfire from her Poke Ball with an "Oh yeah!", then continuing to run to the gymnasium.

Then finally the huge building was upon them, providing fine, cooling shade. Crystal sighed in relief, followed by Annabell. The bell rang as they opened the door to the huge, noisy gymnasium.

A huge ruckus met their ears as the door swung ajar. Wildfire snarled at the sudden noise that collided with her sensitive ears. The teachers were doing a horrid job of calming the students and their Pokemon, which were running amuck through the obstacle courses. In frustration Wildfire let loose a long, haunting howl, which hushed the gym immediately, chills running down their backs.

As the howl faded, the teachers all gave thanks to her in unsion. Crystal and Annabell almost laughed their butts off because of the silence that had deafened the gy so suddenly, and especially at how many students quivered with fear. A few bird Pokemon dug their talons into their Trainer's Pokemon at the sight of a Pokemon that would naturally be a predator in the wild.

The two young women found that there were seperate courses as Annabell had hoped, so they were seperated. Arashi was going to do a swimming course, Wildfire an agility.

The Ninetales twitched in anticipation as the teacher explained the course.

"Ok, so this is what you do. At the starting whistle the first Pokemon in line will run through the course, alone. You start off with a few basic hurdles, the see-saw, the bridge, then the tunnel. From there, there are more advanced hurdles, then it only gets more difficult from there. Few have made it on their first try. So, first we have...." the teacher said, gazing at her clipboard.

"Crystal Estrada with her female Ninetales, Wildfire! Good luck to you!"

The teacher raised her whistle to her mouth. Wildfire remained relaxed and calm, even closing her eyes in the pause between the whistle meeting the teacher's lips and the shrill screech of the starting whistle.

And Wildfire was off.

The Ninetales practically ran over the first hurdle it was so miniscule, and the same with the others, her tails flying behind her, her ears pinned back. The ease in which this Pokemon ran was enough to put Bird Pokemon in awe. Muscle rippled in the Ninetales' legs, showing how powerful she really was.

From the starting point, Crystal watched intently as Wildfire paused at the end of the see-saw as the side fell forwards, jostling her Pokemon slightly before she took off towards the inclined plane that was known as 'the bridge'.

The Ninetales was but a creamy, slim figure now that sped over the bridge, slightly blurred. She slowed as she came upon the tunnel, though, slightly unsure of it. She quickly overcame the uncertainty, though, for you could see the blue, limp fabric burst to life in a sharp ripple as Wildfire sprinted through it.

Then came the larger hurdles, as tall as Wildfire.

It seemed to be no problem for her-Wildfire's long legs allowed her to narrowly clear both of the high hurdles, which were spaced five feet. Crystal swore that a hind paw whacked the top hurdle, but it remained motionless, abnormally enough.

By now exhaustion had begun to attack Wildfire as she cleared another hurdle. She had slowed drastically and was panting. She threw a quick, desperate glance at Crystal who cheered ehr on with a warm, encouraging smile that cried out 'You can do it, Wildfire!'. The Ninetales caught sifght of an upcoming obstacle-a flaming hoop.

Oooo, fire. Wildfire adored flame. It stoked her energy like someone had prodded it with a stick, like her energy was a blazing campfire. She lunged through the flames, her blue eyes glinting in the light, her legs stretched out wide in front and behind her. The Ninetales landed with life before losing her grip on the floor and doing a barrel-roll on the carpet.

The line burst out in laughter and applause at the same time as Crystal rushed to her Pokemon's aid, her eyes filled with worry. Her Ninetales' eyes were not ajar, and her breathing was heavy, body no longer rigid.
    The whole gym quieted as they saw the worry in Crystal's eyes. As they saw the heavy breathing. As they saw the limp form that lay on the ground. Crystal's vision became cloudy as she kneeled beside her Pokemon, who's breathing was slightly shallower.

"Wildfire...?" she asked, placing a hand on her Pokemon's side. The cream-colored creature's eye flickered slowly open. Crystal read the message- "So... exhausted", and about laughed.

"She's fine, just tired!" she laughed, and an excited chatter ran through the line. Wildfire rose slowly and walked sluggishly over to Crystal, slumping in her lap as a smile played on the Ninetales' lips. The Pokemon closed her eyes warily and snoozed in her Trainer's lap.

Crystal watched the others try to make it through the course, the only Pokemon finishing it was a Jolteon, but with a single fault-his leg had hit the same bar the Crystal swore that Wildfire's hind paw had collided with. Just then she glanced to her side as a door leading to another course was flung open, Arashi and Annabell rushing out, grinning.

They had obviously passed like Crystal had with Wildfire. Crystal raised a finger to her lips and began stroking Wildfire's silky, light palomino coat.

Finally the bell rang, jolting Wildfire from her doze. Crystal rose, stretching out her legs, which were 'asleep'. Groggily but surely, Wildfire followed her out of the door and into the bright sunlight, which provided Wildfire with an energy boost. Crystal yawned at the sun, then trekked back to the school building for... who knows what.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    If I may, I'd like to ask a question. If we're all required to have a made-up friend and not be allowed to battle each other for the sake of 'simplicity', why is there even more than one person in the roleplay in the first place? I know you want to keep it simple, but limiting the purpose of a roleplay - have multiple characters from different people's minds interacting in the same universe - doesn't really seem like the most logical way to do it. I don't mean to be rude, but I can't help but wonder how you figure this.

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • Y'know, I've been wondering the same thing as Giratinasaur about this rp...
    and by the way, is this rp already dead?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back