• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Twilight & Daybreak

fourleafprince

Prince of Space
Years
    • Age 22
    • he/him
    • Space
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    hi ! i'm ritsu and this is the part where i babble about the fangame i've been thinking about for a while now ..

it's only a game idea at this point because there's not been any real progress on deciding an overarching story or a goal aside from collecting 8/16 badges to challenge the league and like. designs

so here's my idea ! dual version : pokemon twilight and pokemon daybreak, but not in the sense of like normal pokemon games where the paired versions take place in the same regions with minute changes between them, but two different regions !!

pokemon twilight
    the region : yoake, an asian-based region
    the professor : professor zelkova, a pokemon professor studying pokemon abilities
    the player : default names of twi/nyx/vega for female avi, light/erebus/altair for male avi
    the rival : three rivals, the opposite gender rival and two other rivals w no names yet

pokemon daybreak
    the region : tenebra, a european-based region
    the professor : professor maple, a pokemon professor studying pokemon natures
    the player : default names of day/eos/aine for female avi, break/astraeus/lugh for male avi
    the rival : three rivals, the opposite gender rival and two other rivals w no names yet

the region of yoake is relatively finished, with the region map done and the naming and placements of cities and towns having been decided already as well as route placements; tenebra on the other hand has a working region map, but subject to change to fit the european mythos better

the gym leaders of yoake are also named with badges and cities attributed to each, however designs for each are to be made; typings and badge names have been decided for tenebra leaders, but character names, locations, and designs have yet to be decided

with that being said, i'm planning for twilight to take place in tenebra and daybreak to take place in yoake. you, as the player comes from the other region, along with the pokemon you had when you lived on the other region. the professor of the old region sends a parcel for you to retrieve your pokemon after settling into your new home to the new region's professor, but there's multiple pokemon in the package! you pick which one was your's and the others get distributed to the other kids in the town.

that's about it really ! i hope to also add in fakemon ... if people are interested to hear more about it feel free to ask any questions or hmu on discord !! just pm me to ask for my discord

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • The idea seems pretty great.It would be meaningful to play both the games as they have different regions.But if I am not wrong,the name Pokemon Twilight is already taken(there is even a webpage called pycosites/pt).

fourleafprince

Prince of Space
    Years
    • Age 22
    • he/him
    • Space
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    The idea seems pretty great.It would be meaningful to play both the games as they have different regions.But if I am not wrong,the name Pokemon Twilight is already taken(there is even a webpage called pycosites/pt).

hmm looking at the website there, it looks like it has subtitles of solar and lunar, so i think itll be fine ! mine is just pokemon twilight after all

but thanks for thinkin my ideas good

Back