• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon (Untitled)

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
    Years
    Just putting out some ideas for a game I have floating around my head and I'd like to see some feedback if possible.

The game would feature the entire Johto and Kanto regions, Sevii Islands and Orange Islands, 493 pokemon, cameos and battles with particular characters from previous games and a few from the anime like Ritchie and what not. The bad guys would be Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma.

You would battle for the 8 badges of Kanto, 8 of Johto and 4 of the Orange Islands.

The orange islands would feature the 30 something accessible islands.

I wanted to make a game with a few regions with plenty to do and explore especially with the Orange Islands.

So without further ado, what is everyone's take on what could be done to make a better or more interesting and enjoyable Pokemon adventure from this. Like battles and places, events and what not. This will be played by fans so fans should have some say so.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    Its sounds pretty decent, but you need to give us more information like a storyline before we can say anything. I like the idea of alot to explore. May I make a suggestion? When your making your maps, don't make them tiny like the route in pokemon. Make them nice and big so your world feels much bigger. It would be alot more enjoyable.

FallenJedi88

Years
    Well the story plot would revolve around a collaboration of Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma and the player realistically needing to team up with previous characters like Gold, Brendon, Silver, Crystal, etc. to stop them as one part of the plot another part of the storyline would involve the player searching for his sister who he got seperated from at the beginning of the game. There is a little bit more but I'm just putting some of the story out there for you guys to get an idea of what could be done.

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Why would people want to play a story involving events that they've already played through in the original games? The purpose in creating a game is to bring something new to the table, and this includes the story.

That said, going through Kanto, Johto, and the Orange and Sevii Islands with no new or interesting purpose seems like a waste of time not only for the creator but the player.

FallenJedi88

Years
    Excellent points made, exactly what I need to know so I can have a better focus on what to do, thank you.

Well it would then be a good idea to make a new region with 8 new gym leaders and it's own version of the Pokemon League. A new villianous team. Still keep the original 493 Pokemon and maybe have the player visit one of the old regions for extra playability (pending on the size of the new region).

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
    well, you don't need to trash those ideas!
    there are many games that go though ALL the reigons, but add a new spin to them. You could do that if you had the time and determination...

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    well, you don't need to trash those ideas!
    there are many games that go though ALL the reigons, but add a new spin to them. You could do that if you had the time and determination...
    Well the thing is, many games' STANDARDS are to go through all the regions.
    A ridiculously big percent of those games were abandoned in the process of being created. Another percent makes up the games with this standard that are finished, but rushed everything, making it barely include said standard. The remaining percent is of the games with that standard which are still in process, possibly ending at any time.

I guess that because you are only including two regions plus 30 islands, the standards aren't as high, but all I'm trying to say, Jedi, is that you should never bite off more than you can chew when you're making a game.

FallenJedi88

Years
    Well the thing is, many games' STANDARDS are to go through all the regions.
    A ridiculously big percent of those games were abandoned in the process of being created. Another percent makes up the games with this standard that are finished, but rushed everything, making it barely include said standard. The remaining percent is of the games with that standard which are still in process, possibly ending at any time.

I guess that because you are only including two regions plus 30 islands, the standards aren't as high, but all I'm trying to say, Jedi, is that you should never bite off more than you can chew when you're making a game.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go for the gusto and try to make a game with all the regions, especially since I'm working on my own. But like I said, I'm just sharing ideas and getting feedback, nothing is set in stone, but I thank everyone for their continuing input.

Back