• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon USA is trying to kill off Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    No TiVo, forget to set your VCR, no friends to record it, and no money to buy the (taking-too-long-to-come-out) DVDs...now what?

See, not everything is black-and-white. Some people NEED to go online to watch Pokemon now (thankfully I'm not one at the moment, but that could change). Others forget and need a relatively-reliable backup.
    Let's continue using this logic for a different example.

You need a car. But you don't have the money for it. You don't have anyone to help drive you around. You're not close enough to where buses stop. You'd have to pay an arm and a leg for a cab, as well. Now what? This automatically makes it okay to steal a car?

That's basically what you'd be doing with any anime that's illegally streamed online or available to download without the consent of those who hold the copyright or license to the property.

Theft is still theft.

Should also be noted that Pokemon isn't the only one "suffering" from this. Toei Animation is begining to crack down on One Piece and Dragon Ball. And before those of you whine about lack of "true Pokemon" versions, remember this. 4Kids is GONE. So far, pretty much all of the content is kept in tact with the Battle Frontier episodes. So you're not missing a whole lot. Especially when the dialogue's kept somewhat close to the original. You're not getting One Piece-quality dubbing, so be thankful you have that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Let's continue using this logic for a different example.

You need a car. But you don't have the money for it. You don't have anyone to help drive you around. You're not close enough to where buses stop. You'd have to pay an arm and a leg for a cab, as well. Now what? This automatically makes it okay to steal a car?

Steal a car and that leaves someone else without a car, then someone else, then someone else. It's not exactly the same thing.

Still, point taken. However, what if Pokemon were to suddenly stop airing outside of Japan? What then?

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    I argee that they're not trying to kill off the anime or Pokémon itself, and that there shouldn't be the videos online, but people who watch the episodes, who are out of places that air the episodes need to find them online other wise there isn't anyway they could watch them, i am admitting that i have been downloading the episodes, and that i have all of them, even the first 4 japanese Diamond and Pearl ones, including all the movies AND a little preview of the new Diamond/Pearl movie, i'm inlove with the anime, but how can PUSA really want the stuff off of the internet when people who aren't in the USA, like i am in the UK and the best bet we get is WBkids/Cartoon Network but i unfortunatley don't have that sort of TV and wont be getting it either, and WBkids have knocked Pokémon off their chanell and CW are only airing the old episodes from the indigo league and i think the hoenn leauge so it's gonna be a bit difficult for the fans to try and watch it either way.

acemaster101

<<Lunar Fable &
    Years
    Pokemon is a great show, game, and card series for kids and older people alike...its educational in a way and brings entertainment for those RPG lovers! If they cancel it, then what will replace it - a new season of Digimon!?

...I just freaked myself out there...Digimon better not come back or the world is surely at it's end :paranoid:

Viper111

The Ultimate Pokemon
    Years
    Heres my opinion on this. Now that google has bought YouTube google said that very soon it could charge people to upload videos to youtube a certain amount a month and if they pay a month then it will make it legal to upload copyrighted materials cause some of the money would go to the owners. So this may change the future of pokemon vids on YouTube.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Before YouTube it was rare to get video clips on the websites let only entire episode due to bandwith/storage issues. Those who manage to get it (illegally) were mostly "wizkids" who knew how to use IRC/DCC/Usenet.
    Just check the Clip/video request thread. Often people post something like "preferable HTTP/Rapidshare etc or MSN, I don't know how IRC/DCC/Bittorent/[insert some other file sharing method] works"

With YouTube, the video material that use to be availible for those wizkids can now be accessed by a mass people because of it's simplicity, free storage, free bandwitdh and (what I think) perhaps most important: "video on demand".

Now that all Pokémon episode/clips are going to disappear from YouTube this will effect a larger group of people than back then.

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    I say we use codenames in the titles of our videos. For example: Pokemon may become "Pokemonicus".

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2006
    It's no darn wonder that they are doing this. The japanese are money grubbing idiots. You should look on google for Nintendo lawsuits. You will find a list a mile long. They are a japanese owned corporate dictatorship who knows how to twist the laws into their favor. I am a US Citizen and a registered Democrat. I support the public interest, not the special and corprate interests. If I was President or even Senator, I would investigate Nintendo's business strategies and practices. Sony Computer Entertainment isn't even that bad. That is why I stopped buying Nintendo handhelds at the GBASP (I have an import Pikachu GBASP. I had bought it at play-asia). Enough Said.
    Ben

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    First off, I think the statement "Pokemon USA is trying to kill off Pokemon!" is definitely exaggerated, like Unown_ said. Not only that, it's probably one of the biggest oxymorons I've ever heard, lol. XD A franchise that is IN CHARGE of Pokemon in this country would never seek to kill its source of money...which would be lo and behold--Pokemon USA. In fact, they jacked up their income from the money they saved after hiring new voice actors...as you all know already, anyway. Just wanted to state the obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you guys wholeheartedly about the new voice actors and everything...and I don't see WHY the only thing they wanted to cut were the original voice actors. If their main objective was that they wanted to save money, that's pretty low of them. If that is true, then that goes to show you "money talks." I also think that it was extremely rude of PUSA to just dismiss the original voice actors after 8 seasons of success and appraise (by most of us, anyway ^_^). Why replace them NOW?

As for the YouTube argument, I miss those Pokemon episodes, too. >_< But, of course, I don't need to reiterate the copyright infringement rules. It's just like Napster, about 6 or 7 years ago; all the artists went crazy because, obviously, they were going to lose money from people downloading their songs for free. Everyone's gotta make money somehow. *shrugs* We'd all feel the same way if someone took something from us, and you can't please everyone, either. Something has to be sacrificed one way or another...and unfortunately for us, it was the voice actors.

PKMN_Champion

Pokémon Champion since 1997
    Years
    Nice Try

I say we use codenames in the titles of our videos. For example: Pokemon may become "Pokemonicus".
    That's not a bad idea, but Shogakukan isn't stupid. They'll find out what we're doing and get rid of the videos anyway. And YouTube includes context search so "Pokemonicus" (as clever as that is) will still show up when they're looking for Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2012
    legal or not NOTHING is going to stop me from watching Pokemon in japanse on the internet until those duch bags start making it an option to watch the show in it's orginal untouched format on the dvds.

Get with the times and release bilingual dvds like 99% of other anime already PUSA. It's time for them to put up or shut up.

They don't give us the option to watch it the way it was intented to be and we'll find other meens no matter how much they blister and sputter.
    This may be a old post,but I fully agree!Pokemon of america may have been hired by the head master's themself but,fans dont want dub "swear word"!Tell them to put japenese+english subtitles in dvd's or "swear word"! off.True fans want the real thing!

Its not like were putting electric soldier porygon.That is banned in japan too!

All we want is the real thing.

What we cant learn how other cultures act?Just how stupied americans?

My message is this

amerkan-jin backa.

I may not speak that perfectly in japanese but my message is american idiot!

If 6 year olds are not mature enough to watch anime here then they could of raised the age instead of doing "swear word"!.

My advice is giving it to ytv!

Not extreamly crappy voice actors and they are left a bit mature.

Look at inuyasha and naruto dub fanbase!Sure they dont show the breasts 24 but you still get the message the charactor is naked.They dont cut out stuff for no reason and they dont take out every god damned swear word!

"who the pokemon are you!?!?" doesent even make sense!

Last edited:

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    It's no darn wonder that they are doing this. The japanese are money grubbing idiots. You should look on google for Nintendo lawsuits. You will find a list a mile long. They are a japanese owned corporate dictatorship who knows how to twist the laws into their favor. I am a US Citizen and a registered Democrat. I support the public interest, not the special and corprate interests. If I was President or even Senator, I would investigate Nintendo's business strategies and practices. Sony Computer Entertainment isn't even that bad. That is why I stopped buying Nintendo handhelds at the GBASP (I have an import Pikachu GBASP. I had bought it at play-asia). Enough Said.
    Ben
    Um...Sony are Japanese too, y'know.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    This may be a old post,but I fully agree!Pokemon of america may have been hired by the head master's themself but,fans dont want dub ****!Tell them to put japenese+english subtitles in dvd's or **** off.True fans want the real thing!

Its not like were putting electric soldier porygon.That is banned in japan too!

All we want is the real thing.

What we cant learn how other cultures act?Just how stupied americans?

My message is this

amerkan-jin backa.

I may not speak that perfectly in japanese but my message is american idiot!

If 6 year olds are not mature enough to watch anime here then they could of raised the age instead of doing ****.

My advice is giving it to ytv!

Not extreamly crappy voice actors and they are left a bit mature.

Look at inuyasha and naruto dub fanbase!Sure they dont show the breasts 24 but you still get the message the charactor is naked.They dont cut out stuff for no reason and they dont take out every god damned swear word!

"who the pokemon are you!?!?" doesent even make sense!
    [font="Arial" ]Guess what? Swearing is against the rules at PC, especially if you only censor out some letters. IT'S CENSOR BYPASS. Go read the damn rules, won't you? --; Edited your post.

Secondly, learn to speak proper Japanese if you're going to use it. Amerikajin wa baka desu, if you MUST call Americans idiots because 4kids suck. Learn to spell, and don't be so aggressive. None of us here are 4kids reps. Most of us here hate 4kids, me included. =/ People will interpret it as being rude.

To darkspector --

You are a racist. In fact, I am highly tempted to warn you for that post. Do NOT post anything like it again or I will warn you. There are Japanese people at PC, you know. PC is not solely American dominated, if you hadn't noticed. Not all Japanese are money-grabbing; there are other countries far more capitalist. Nintendo lawsuits don't make them money-grabbing idiots. Nintendo is a Japanese company; are you even judging it by the Nintendo of America/Europe/Australia, or Nintendo of Japan? They do not represent the collective sentiments of Japanese people. Stop generalising. It makes you look bad.

So what if you're American? It doesn't make you better than anyone else. Stop acting like "BEING AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND A DEMOCRAT OH NOZ" makes you better. Don't drag politics into this. Your post basically is the product of prejudice mixed with bad logic, and I'm not going to waste more time pointing out the flaws in your argument.

Oh, and learn what you're talking about. Like Dingbat said, Sony are Japanese. [/font]

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I lol'd at the comment about Japanese being money hungry. As if Americans aren't known for swindling people out of money, or people screwing others out of their jobs, or fixing stocks to make them look good to the public and pulling out right before a crash and so forth. Just about everyone can do this.

They're looking out for THEIR product. It's their way to make money. It's a business in entertainment. They can't exactly give it to you for free. They have to pay the people who provide you the entertainment in some manner.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2012
    I lol'd at the comment about Japanese being money hungry. As if Americans aren't known for swindling people out of money, or people screwing others out of their jobs, or fixing stocks to make them look good to the public and pulling out right before a crash and so forth. Just about everyone can do this.

They're looking out for THEIR product. It's their way to make money. It's a business in entertainment. They can't exactly give it to you for free. They have to pay the people who provide you the entertainment in some manner.

Thats why they have bad quality on youtube? 0_0

ok then how about we keep the banned episode and keep electric soldier porygon if it has a warning?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2007

I agree. Instead of trying to pursuade Pokémon USA (which is almost impossible for people here, as Pokémon USA is highly unlikely to listen to your opinions), why not just use codenames in the videos? Then the problem will be solved easily.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
    Pokemon is a great show, game, and card series for kids and older people alike...its educational in a way and brings entertainment for those RPG lovers! If they cancel it, then what will replace it - a new season of Digimon!?

...I just freaked myself out there...Digimon better not come back or the world is surely at it's end :paranoid:

Eh... Digimon is coming back. Digimon World DS is being released next month (I think) and season 5 is out already in Japan... around 20 episodes so far (or more, I don't really know since all the fansubbers stopped.)

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    First off, I think the statement "Pokemon USA is trying to kill off Pokemon!" is definitely exaggerated, like Unown_ said. Not only that, it's probably one of the biggest oxymorons I've ever heard, lol. XD A franchise that is IN CHARGE of Pokemon in this country would never seek to kill its source of money...which would be lo and behold--Pokemon USA. In fact, they jacked up their income from the money they saved after hiring new voice actors...as you all know already, anyway. Just wanted to state the obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you guys wholeheartedly about the new voice actors and everything...and I don't see WHY the only thing they wanted to cut were the original voice actors. If their main objective was that they wanted to save money, that's pretty low of them. If that is true, then that goes to show you "money talks." I also think that it was extremely rude of PUSA to just dismiss the original voice actors after 8 seasons of success and appraise (by most of us, anyway ^_^). Why replace them NOW?

As for the YouTube argument, I miss those Pokemon episodes, too. >_< But, of course, I don't need to reiterate the copyright infringement rules. It's just like Napster, about 6 or 7 years ago; all the artists went crazy because, obviously, they were going to lose money from people downloading their songs for free. Everyone's gotta make money somehow. *shrugs* We'd all feel the same way if someone took something from us, and you can't please everyone, either. Something has to be sacrificed one way or another...and unfortunately for us, it was the voice actors.

Very well said, girl.
    Anyways, I have to agree, it is unlikely that Pokemon USA would burn their own source of income.. Pokemon USA has been pretty successful imo and it is irrational for them to just destroy something that they've been trying to sustain.. I mean, no one would want to just throw something so big and successful away right...? Afterall, money makes the world goes round. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back