• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon USA is trying to kill off Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonDarkwood

Master of pokemans :3
    Years
    As much as it sucks, deals like this are almost always finalized before the public hears about it. This means they're already working on finding replacements, and the former VAs are looking elsewhere for work. They can't wait around for the voice of the fans hoping to get their jobs back. :(

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    As much as it sucks, deals like this are almost always finalized before the public hears about it. This means they're already working on finding replacements, and the former VAs are looking elsewhere for work. They can't wait around for the voice of the fans hoping to get their jobs back. :(

Yeah, true.. the authorities are always so fake.. they would say things like allowing us to voice out our opinions.. but yes, we are allowed to voice our opinions, but I feel that we are usually ignored.
    So what's the point.. sighs. ><;;

MewSkitty

I love everyone!
    Years
    I have a spectrum of mental dosorders that disort my thinking when I panic. When I hurd about what PUSA is doing on youtube.com, I paniced, and I said things not clear in thought. Here is a more civilized post about what I think is going on:

I do not have TV nor a DVD player, so I'm unable to watch the anime offline. Furthermore, I have dailup, so I'm unable to watch it online as well. When I see how happy watching the episodes on youtube makes other people, I try to defend their happiness. Also, after knowing my situation with the anime, a friend of mine is going me a great favour. She is burning me data DVDs of all the Pokemon episodes from season 1-7 and half of season 8. So, right now I'm saving up money for a DVD burner for my computer. I plan on making copies of the episodes to give away for *free* to those who need them. PUSA is hurting Pokemon greatly, but I am healing it a little bit at a time, one person at a time. When I get my degree in computers, I'll make enough money to get a high speed internet connection, and host every single episode of Pokemon on LimeWire. BTW, as we speak I'm downloaded the 8th Pokemon movie on LimeWire and it'll only take about a week to fully download it. Free is much cheaper that not free.^^ I know this is off topic, but I also pirate music. I'm nonprofit though. I pay for the blank CDs and shipping of the CDs myself, and I send music to people free of charge. Business really picked up with Al's new song "White & Nerdy"

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Sounds to me you're hurting them more by making free copies of a LICENSED anime. Which is actually a crime because you're making free copies and passing them around of a copyright show.

Now that I read over that entire post, I'm now believing that you're making up excuses to try and pass off your reasons. Also, you're a rather large hypocrite to go ahead and say that PUSA is trying to kill off Pokemon, yet you turn around and say you're going to pirate the series, music and movies and give them out for free when you don't have any kind of permission to do.

Good going. You lost whatever credibility you had for a justifiable reason to make this topic.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Yes, I agree with Elite Trainer Raven.. By making such pirated copies of the show, if I were POkemon USA, I'd do the same thing too.

If I were you, I'd keep the downloading issue to myself.. It just makes this post somewhat invalid anymore. o.o

No offence though, MewSkitty.. It's just an opinion.. ><;;

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    PUSA should totally do this, sell downloadable episodes on iTunes, but most people would totally not buy it because of DRM...

As long you don't give away your recorded dvds/tapes that you totally recorded from your DVD recorder/VCR from cable source, it will be under fair use. Once you like totally rip it, copy it and/or give it away/sell it, then it becomes totally illegal.

Pirating is totally wrong and immoral. =p

MewSkitty

I love everyone!
    Years
    Entertainment makes people happy! Happyness should not come with a price! Today, the only thing I can think of that causes happyness that's free is masturbating! XD So, to help expand this field of free happyness, I give out music and videos for free! Why should these people make so much money for doing so little work? Who carex if they lose a couple dollars from piracy! They are still making millions of dollars from stuff like live concerts or theatures! Let the poor join in on the entertainment gig!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Entertainment makes people happy! Happyness should not come with a price!
    Tell that to the actors who have to WORK for a living by entertaining you. Entertainment is still business. While it's fun for you, it's still work for them.

Today, the only thing I can think of that causes happyness that's free is masturbating! XD
    Terrible logic. :|

So, to help expand this field of free happyness, I give out music and videos for free! Why should these people make so much money for doing so little work?
    Little work? You, my friend, have absolutely no idea how the entertainment business works. You mentioned you freaked over the old cast not being a part of the show any longer, yet you don't even seem to grasp how difficult it was for them to get it right.

Who carex if they lose a couple dollars from piracy!
    Thousands to millions does not mean a couple. Tell that to Sega who was losing millions due to people pirating Dreamcast games.

They are still making millions of dollars from stuff like live concerts or theatures! Let the poor join in on the entertainment gig!
    Pokemon does not apply to this. It is not a "live concert," nor is it in theaters globally. Seriously, you have no justifiable reason to be pirating and giving away something that Nintendo, GameFreak, 4Kids, PUSA, OLM and several others have worked very hard on to provide to their fans.

Paying $11 for a DVD will not kill anyone. Especially in the days that DVD PLAYERS ARE THE STANDARD FORM OF MEDIA. If you can afford an internet connection, you can afford to purchasee Pokemon DVDs and soundtracks. End of story.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Entertainment makes people happy! Happyness should not come with a price! Today, the only thing I can think of that causes happyness that's free is masturbating! XD So, to help expand this field of free happyness, I give out music and videos for free! Why should these people make so much money for doing so little work? Who carex if they lose a couple dollars from piracy! They are still making millions of dollars from stuff like live concerts or theatures! Let the poor join in on the entertainment gig!

Omigosh, Entertainment is like totally not free. I still have to pay for cable if I like want to watch TV. If I totally want to play a computer game like "The Sims 2", I still need to buy the game and also a new graphics card to play the game smoothly. I still need to pay for electricity if I want to watch TV.

Entertainment is not free, and piracy is like totally wrong and immoral... If companies like totally lose money because of piracy, they would like go out of business... =p

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Entertainment is totally not free.. the producers worked hard for it.. we should at least pay them something for their effort.. =/

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Yeah, I know that PKMN USA is removing Pokémon things from Youtube...Some Pokémon D/P glitch videos were removed...

PD: AMV is Anime, not Animated Music Video.

PD2: Why are we talking about masturbation ?? xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back