• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon versions you picked first through the years?

Years
  • Gen 1 I got Red & Blue (Got Yellow at a later point)

Gen 2 I rented Silver, then ended up buyin Gold

Gen 3 I traded Blue for a copy of Ruby, then bought Firered, Emerald, then Leafgreen and hoped for a ThunderYellow or somethin

Gen 4 I gots Platinum and HeartGold

Gen 5 I have Black, I never played Black/White2

Gen 6 is pending due to lack of a 3DS, but I'll probably get Y and Ruby and hope for an Emerald one

Years
  • Started with Gen I around the time Yellow came out. So-

Gen I: Yellow
    Gen II: Silver
    Gen III: Ruby, LeafGreen
    Gen IV: Pearl, SoulSilver
    Gen V: White, White 2
    Gen VI: X, (probably)Omega Ruby

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    For me, I started in Gen 2 when I was 10, so I'm feeling pretty old XD Anyway, for me:
    1: Either Red (traded for it with a friend of mine) or Yellow. Can't remember which I got first.
    2: Gold, my first Pokémon game; traded for it with the same friend.
    Note: I could technically be considered to have "picked" Yellow and Crystal first, since I couldn't choose what games my friend had.
    3: Sapphire; made a fool of myself on release day at Wal-Mart by asking the guy to hold a copy for ten minutes while I ran to get my mom when there was an entire display case full of them XD (But that's because I'd been to several other places and they were all out, and I was a dumb 12-year-old.)
    4: ...Pearl, I think, but I didn't play it much and ended up with Platinum instead.
    5: SoulSilver, Black, and Black 2. Side note, SS is currently my favorite Pokémon game; Crystal was the first and possibly only game I ever bothered to complete my Pokédex in (don't remember if I ever did with Red/Yellow, but definitely nothing after), and I can't even count how many batteries I killed playing it, and SS is just more of the same awesomeness but even more awesome.
    I don't have a 3DS, so no 6 :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    I prefer yellow. Yellow is my favorite. If they did a yellow remake. I would have 3 copies. One to play, an extra just in case, and one for like 50 years in the future for when it's worth a good deal of money.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Generation I: Red, Yellow, Blue
    Generation II: Silver, Gold, Crystal
    Generation III: Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Fire Red
    Generation IV: Pearl, Platinum
    Generation V: none.
    Generation VI: none.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • Gen I: Yellow
    Generation II: none
    Generation III: Ruby, FireRed, (Got Leafgreen and Emerald later in the year)
    Generation IV: Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold
    Generation V: White
    Generation VI: I'll probably pick X once I get my hands on a 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    I Blue
    II Crystal
    III Ruby (Though I played Sapphire first, but it did not belong to me.)
    IV Diamond (Same as III, I played Pearl first, but it wasn't mine.)
    V White
    VI Both were preordered.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Gen I - Red (on release day in the UK xD )
    Gen II - Silver
    Gen III - Ruby/FireRed
    Gen IV - Diamond (only through an emulator) I haven't actually played HG or SS yet so I guess I'll be playing HG soon :D
    Gen V - Black 2/Black (I only played Black 2 first because I'd only just got the DS emulator and wanted to make sure it could play the latest and greatest. That's also why I played Gen V before Gen IV)
    Gen VI - Haven't been able to play yet as mobile emulators can't handle 3DS games, yet. I'm hoping to buy a 3DS soon enough though so when I do I'll pick X as I prefer Xerneas

Years
  • Blue
    Gold
    Sapphire / LeafGreen
    Pearl / HeartGold
    White / White.2
    Y

Plan to get the OmgRuby around release date.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    The ones I chose:

Gen I (Kanto): Yellow (later got Red)
    Gen II (Johto): Silver (later got Crystal)
    Gen III (Hoenn/Kanto): Ruby (later got Emerald), FireRed
    Gen IV (Sinnoh/Johto): Pearl, (later got Platinum)
    Gen V (Unova): White 2

Still don't have Gen VI, or HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Years
  • I usually picked a version based on the mascot, because my brother would buy the opposite version and we'd trade exclusives between ourselves. In generation I, it was Red, in generation II, it was Silver, in generation III, I picked Sapphire, in generation IV, I chose Diamond, in generation V, I chose Black, and in Gen VI, I chose Y.

Back