• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Video Game Showown Team Help!!! Please Read!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruseusu

最も遠い星〔スタ? ??にそして最も深? ?を下って.
Years
  • Pokemon VGS Team Help! Please Read!!!

Hi, I'm planning on going to the Pokemon Video Game Showdown in Phoenix next month, and I need to come up with a team.
    First of all, I don't know what to use because I'm used to 100v100 battling, and not 50v50...

I'm worried that either the teams stats/moves won't be good enough, or that EV training them won't be strong enough, I want the team to have Pokemon that can be very strong for that level, even though they are not fully leveled up.

Second of all, I can't use Garchomp, because it doesn't evolve into that til 55. (Which I was planning on using...)

I COULD use Dragonite, but it'd be mild and Toys R Us-ified so I can't EV train it.

I have a bad IV'd but Good EV'd Gengar... and a Vaporeon that I didn't breed for so it doesn't have wish/baton pass and is EV trained.
    So I don't think I can use those.

Third of all, it says; "...4-6 Pokemon on your Team..." is it going to be 2 separate pairings for people with 4 and people 6? or Should I just go with 6?

I have an idea what to do?!
    I've never been to an official tourney, and I really want to go for the Shiny Milotic, plus I love the video games....

My Current Idea for my team is

1. Aerodactyl
    2. Sub-petaya Empoleon
    3. Infernape (Life Orb)
    4. Togekiss
    5. Blank
    6. Blank

But I don't even know if that's good!
    I had t take out Rotom and life orb Salamence, obviously.

Please, please help! Thanks so much in advance!

(BTW, I'm posting this in many forums as possible, so as to get as many responses as possible.)

I'm sorry that I am freaking out so much, I just don't have much time! 20 days!

Arigatou ~

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Huh, I'd need to see movesets, personally. Also, if you have any friends who have battled competitively in the past or WiFi, fight off some teams, or ask for their advice. Perhaps something that would be more effective against ground, because if you go against a gravity user and an EQer, you could be in big trouble. Togekiss could work if you have some kinks ironed out, but you never know...

Edit: Try to find out if the tournament lowers your pokemon's level like it does in the Tower on d/p/p, I've gone to 1 convention where that happened.

Aruseusu

最も遠い星〔スタ? ??にそして最も深? ?を下って.
    Years
  • Well, I have battled competitively, just not at the 50 mark.

I EV train...so..

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
    Stealth Rock
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
    Substitute
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Agillity

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Close Combat
    Grass Knot
    Fire Blast
    Nasty Plot

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Air Slash
    Body slam
    Aura Sphere
    Roost

like I said, the team is still..undecided.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • It doesn't matter about the levels, as long as you give them the full EVs, they will still be as powerful when they get put up to Lv. 50. It won't make a difference.

However, this doesn't belong here. I suggest you make a thread in the Strategies and Movesets forum, where they will be able to help you out better.

*locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back