• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Villains

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    No but Team Rocket is just getting ridiculous at this point. They are still following them after like 2 years, and it's just to capture ONE PIKACHU!

Really, there are many more pokemon to capture, and a lot rarer then a Pikachu.

well, when you've set your mind onto something, you wouldn't want to give it up, especially after relentlessly pursuiting that certain entity.. I'd say that TR has that spirit of not giving up.. the determinations.. lols, hope you get what I meant.. hahas :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Team rocket has there glory days when they are actually trying to be smart, Some of there ways to catch Pikachu sometimes make sense but they brag to much instead of running away which kills it, its like if you trying to steal something would you stay there or run away?, but Team Rocket has no common sense

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    well now.. we wouldn't want tr to successfully capture pikachu now would we? pikachu would be gone and separated from Ash! we don't want that do we... o.o

Years
    I think Team Rocket (as in Jessie, James, Meowth, and their Pokemon) belong in the show. I still find them amusing, if not laugh-out-loud funny.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2012
    James is the coolest villain ever!He shares a good balance in being funny and serious.He has the looks.AND if he acted more like he did int he first couple of episodes he'd be the bigest ladysman ever!Also he his friggen rose when he's doing the modo is the friggen modo ROCKS!

Jessie,her charactor suits her very well.Just town down the sillyness.

Meowth is perfect the way he is.Though his idea's are a bit silly,they add a bit of comedy to the episode.The idea of being a talking pokemon was brilliant!

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Another thing is that Ash is jerk. In those episodes where TR find wild Pokemon and try to take them, Ash always has to stop them, even though they're not stealing them from other trainers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well if they appeared less, that would make them more appreciated by people who are fans of Pokemon than if they appeared every episode..they do get really boring..But I guess if they are going to do something, they should stay, besides, It's normal for most anime to have good and bad and with Pokemon...teh bad is in every episode..0.o

<3 Nica--Yeah keep em' but shorten their time there

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    Another thing is that Ash is jerk. In those episodes where TR find wild Pokemon and try to take them, Ash always has to stop them, even though they're not stealing them from other trainers.

I don't mind that cuz TR does work for Giovanni and he's evil. He mustn't get his hands on powerful pokemon because if he did, he would just use for his michevious plans to take over the world. People and pokemon would suffer so Ash tries his best to prevent TR to catch any pokemon, wild or not. But it is kinda unfair because who knows maybe TR would want to catch the pokemon for themselves (they are pokemon trainers afterall).. but still they are villains so we cannot trust them.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    This thread would be much better off in the Pokemon Anime section, since that's what the discussion is centering around. Sooo, away it goes~! 8D

*moves*

~Kelsey

Years
    This being one of my main loves and issues with Pokemon, I feel like I should say something, shouldn't I?

I'd say my biggest overall gripe with the anime is the mismanagement of Team Rocket. Team Rocket is an organization and instead, we see it in the eyes of three of its most ineffective agents, occasionally getting a glimpse of the power structure/agents/projects. The series would do well to prolong the series by having Giovanni go after the Trainers that defeat his top agents (At least Special compensates nicely for this) instead of pointless filler but such things aren't going to happen. It seems overall that the producers have given up on the org: we haven't seen new agents such Jinjii/Bashou/Buson, any new projects since Butch and Cassidy's side stories in P Chronicles (I won't get started on their new characterization), we don't even know why Giovanni went on an Gym Leader hiatus.

Incidentally, has Giovanni made an appearance in Battle Frontier yet, besides Scheme Team or going to debut this dub season (spoil away, I don't mind)?

The evidence is obvious and can't have hope for new villains (they started great with Aqua/Magma and, then, petered out and I am dubious with Team Galaxy, but the future isn't set in stone for them) to refresh the series either -- we're stuck with J/J/M and we have to live with it. On the plus side, as I'm coming off negative ish here, I hope J/J/M stay, because frankly, the series would be far worse off without them as we need their antics to counter the boredom/burned out writing of the series. It's a mixed bag, I know.

Now the Rocket abuse and the constant blasts off -- that's another mega-rant for another day.

I hope I'm being germane in my playing with another angle here, because I like the topic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This being one of my main loves and issues with Pokemon, I feel like I should say something, shouldn't I?

I'd say my biggest overall gripe with the anime is the mismanagement of Team Rocket. Team Rocket is an organization and instead, we see it in the eyes of three of its most ineffective agents, occasionally getting a glimpse of the power structure/agents/projects. The series would do well to prolong the series by having Giovanni go after the Trainers that defeat his top agents (At least Special compensates nicely for this) instead of pointless filler but such things aren't going to happen. It seems overall that the producers have given up on the org: we haven't seen new agents such Jinjii/Bashou/Buson, any new projects since Butch and Cassidy's side stories in P Chronicles (I won't get started on their new characterization), we don't even know why Giovanni went on an Gym Leader hiatus.

Incidentally, has Giovanni made an appearance in Battle Frontier yet, besides Scheme Team or going to debut this dub season (spoil away, I don't mind)?

The evidence is obvious and can't have hope for new villains (they started great with Aqua/Magma and, then, petered out and I am dubious with Team Galaxy, but the future isn't set in stone for them) to refresh the series either -- we're stuck with J/J/M and we have to live with it. On the plus side, as I'm coming off negative ish here, I hope J/J/M stay, because frankly, the series would be far worse off without them as we need their antics to counter the boredom/burned out writing of the series. It's a mixed bag, I know.

Now the Rocket abuse and the constant blasts off -- that's another mega-rant for another day.

I hope I'm being germane in my playing with another angle here, because I like the topic.

There's another level to their mismanagement and perhaps why they stick with the same trio for the whole series: THEY AREN'T MEANT TO BE BAD GUYS. I don't mean as far as how the writers use them, I mean as far as they act. There have been several occasions when it's been shown how much better they'd fare at being good, legitimate people (Hoenn league episodes, "We're No Angels", Johto league, etc). James in particular goes with this, as evident in how he treats his Pokemon. I know that I'm repeating myself here from another topic, but if he got away from Team Rocket and all of that evil, took the time to train his pokemon (teach them all Return;)), and went into a league LEGIT, he'd have almost as good a shot as Ash would if Ash wasn't basking under the "Star Clause" (that the star of the show is always the best somehow).

Years
    Originally, I think they were villains but the series charged them with an underdog vibe and that's well and good but the constant carrot and stick game is bothersome. In terms of viewer empathy but with the upcoming Orienteering episode tomorrow, I'm thinking slightly otherwise. Speaking of what Icha said to hint of a spoil. Heh.

One thing that many people have forgotten is the fallen grace aspect with Giovanni -- the trio were his best agents and, then, once met Pikachu and Ash, it's been a downward spiral of failure ever since. This tragic image certainly helped cement the viewer empathy but now, it's been eroded away since Hoenn. Granted, Training Daze touched upon this, so the writers haven't forgotten but they haven't used it either.

And props to Icha for taking what I said another step further. Serves me right for writing at 2:00 A.M.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years

I can't believe you said Ash was a jerk! I mean, he only meant well for all Pokemon.. you can't blame him for being nosy right. o.o

Years
    Let's keep this on Team Rocket since we're in another direction, please. If XV wants to rebut, he can but after that, stick to PMs and move on.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    i guess the general jist of this thread is that every seems to have got bored of team rockets presence but i guess one thing that i really just cant stand about them is that annoying wobuffet please its really irritating.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Originally, I think they were villains but the series charged them with an underdog vibe and that's well and good but the constant carrot and stick game is bothersome. In terms of viewer empathy but with the upcoming Orienteering episode tomorrow, I'm thinking slightly otherwise. Speaking of what Icha said to hint of a spoil. Heh.

One thing that many people have forgotten is the fallen grace aspect with Giovanni -- the trio were his best agents and, then, once met Pikachu and Ash, it's been a downward spiral of failure ever since. This tragic image certainly helped cement the viewer empathy but now, it's been eroded away since Hoenn. Granted, Training Daze touched upon this, so the writers haven't forgotten but they haven't used it either.

And props to Icha for taking what I said another step further. Serves me right for writing at 2:00 A.M.

Props...? *is honored*

...Who said they were his best agents? "Training Daze" seemed to point away from that...

Years
    Aw, it saddens me to see so many people not liking Team Rocket! For me, they're the only things worth watching in the show (as you can prbably tell from my screenname and avatar). Usually if I have an episode taped or tivo'd I'll just fast forward thrugh everything with Ash and co. until it gets to Jessie and James xD And as for being repetitive, of course they are... however Ash and co. do pretty much the same thing every episode as well- make a new friend and solve a problem. So it's all pretty repetitive.

I wish the organization itself would have more appearances though. Team Rocket has a lot of capability to be the dark, sinister organization that it was depicted to be in the beginning of the series, and I agree that they could make it a bit darker.

Years
    Props...? *is honored*

...Who said they were his best agents? "Training Daze" seemed to point away from that...

Props, propers. Whichever. I go for the slang, boy-ee.

That's just terrible.

Anyway! From what I gathered from "Battle Abroad St. Anne", and at the time, J/J/M's losing streak was minor and the general impression was Giovanni had a higher opinion of the trio prior to the episode if you catch it during his initial exposition/dialogue. However, it certainly wasn't at the level of beratement he usually treats them with. I guess I'm inferring respect and the fact we weren't introduced to other agents at that point, means they were more specialized. Of course, I am also using Meowth's "Top Cat" lines/boats for some reference, because at the time (early in the series), had to interpret into something deeper.

Of course, that was before we realized the writers didn't want to use the organization at all and it went to pot with Training Daze. Oh, well, was a fun image. I guess it's the closest you or I could get to fanon.

And RocketCat, oh yes, but remember Ash-tachi are the "heroes" of the series and "heroes" can do no wrong. Same with the villains and how the "villains" (albeit really loosely with the trio 9/10ths of the time) can never win. But they are getting better, with the actual villains at least.

Darker? I dunno, the season five projects (Raikou, Lugia, and Red Gyarados) were rather dark in tone for me (hostages, experimentation).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Props, propers. Whichever. I go for the slang, boy-ee.

That's just terrible.

Anyway! From what I gathered from "Battle Abroad St. Anne", and at the time, J/J/M's losing streak was minor and the general impression was Giovanni had a higher opinion of the trio prior to the episode if you catch it during his initial exposition/dialogue. However, it certainly wasn't at the level of beratement he usually treats them with. I guess I'm inferring respect and the fact we weren't introduced to other agents at that point, means they were more specialized. Of course, I am also using Meowth's "Top Cat" lines/boats for some reference, because at the time (early in the series), had to interpret into something deeper.

Of course, that was before we realized the writers didn't want to use the organization at all and it went to pot with Training Daze. Oh, well, was a fun image. I guess it's the closest you or I could get to fanon.

And RocketCat, oh yes, but remember Ash-tachi are the "heroes" of the series and "heroes" can do no wrong. Same with the villains and how the "villains" (albeit really loosely with the trio 9/10ths of the time) can never win. But they are getting better, with the actual villains at least.

Darker? I dunno, the season five projects (Raikou, Lugia, and Red Gyarados) were rather dark in tone for me (hostages, experimentation).

"YO! I'm givin' a shout-out to my boyz bak in the crib!"

......Meh.

As for the last part, I'm not so sure that the Raikou episodes are considered canon....but there's also the 4th movie (that guy WAS a Team Rocket agent, after all), and, to a lesser degree, "The Breeding Center Secret" & Mewtwo Returns.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    What I want to know is why TR is still going after Pikachu. I mean, there are loads of cooler & better pokemon around, so why do they want an electric rat???

Back