• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Villains

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Aw, it saddens me to see so many people not liking Team Rocket! For me, they're the only things worth watching in the show (as you can prbably tell from my screenname and avatar). Usually if I have an episode taped or tivo'd I'll just fast forward thrugh everything with Ash and co. until it gets to Jessie and James xD And as for being repetitive, of course they are... however Ash and co. do pretty much the same thing every episode as well- make a new friend and solve a problem. So it's all pretty repetitive.

I wish the organization itself would have more appearances though. Team Rocket has a lot of capability to be the dark, sinister organization that it was depicted to be in the beginning of the series, and I agree that they could make it a bit darker.

you're pretty weird.. fast-forwarding parts with Ash and co.. no offence though.. yeah, but I have to agree that it is saddening to see people disliking Team Rocket.. They're not exactly the real reason that makes the show worth watching, but they do play a great part.. excluding team rocket would just make things less interesing.. ><;;

I wouldn't want them out of the series though..

Years
    I wonder if we'll ever see Team Galaxy in the D/P series.

That's why I made this: https://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=75866

Go there if you want to talk anime Team Galaxy.

Anyway, Icha, I would consider the Raikou dub not canon, (because...obviously) but given the fact we've seen three characters from the special crossover to the main series: Eusine, Professor Sebastian, and Junichi/Jackson/Vincent/Banana-Fanna-Fo. You can't ignore that. Heh.

And Domino from Mewtwo Returns was a girl, but would she make a hot guy? Huh. Heh. Unless you meant someone else.

I want to see the Breeding Center Secret episode again, if nothing else, to show me how far Butch and Cassidy have evolved (before the devolution in P Chronicles, of course).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    https://www

Anyway, Icha, I would consider the Raikou dub not canon, (because...obviously) but given the fact we've seen three characters from the special crossover to the main series: Eusine, Professor Sebastian, and Junichi/Jackson/Vincent/Banana-Fanna-Fo. You can't ignore that. Heh.

And Domino from Mewtwo Returns was a girl, but would she make a hot guy? Huh. Heh. Unless you meant someone else.

I want to see the Breeding Center Secret episode again, if nothing else, to show me how far Butch and Cassidy have evolved (before the devolution in P Chronicles, of course).

1. I don't remember Banana-Fanna-Fo (
    Spoiler:
    ) OR Eusine with those voices, so there ya go.

2. I was referring to how Giovanni goes on the hunt. Plus, the references to the first movie, which I thought had been agreed upon as canon, say it's canon.

3. "The Breeding Center Secret" should be coming up soon on Boomerang...once they restart showing the episodes XP

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Team Rocket used to be a big, surprising, surprise (eek, it's Team Rocket!!!), then it became somewhat dull (woah, these TR n00b's just don't learn), then it became cliche (if Ash fall's asleep during their long-winded intro speech, there's their window for catching pikachu), and now it's so overused and redundant, its supposed to be a joke about itself (Team Rocket, lolololll). But you still have to give the writers credit for writing a different, but extremely similar intro speech 400 times. And the hot-air balloon they had in older episodes was somewhat cool.

Years
    But you still have to give the writers credit for writing a different, but extremely similar intro speech 400 times. And the hot-air balloon they had in older episodes was somewhat cool.

Vaild points all around. But, they still use that balloon. Frankly, I wish they'd upgrade, but that's what all those mechas are for. Heh.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    it's amazing how they actually modify the TR motto for so many episodes.. certain parts were changed, but the overall original motto is still there.. xD

Phatkav

Zero Creativity
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Team Rocket is a main part of the anime. They add some sort of interest to every episode and they are funny in some ways. I do sometimes want Team Rocket not to appear in every episode, but when they do something will feel missing in Pokemon.

Years
    Team Rocket is a main part of the anime. They add some sort of interest to every episode and they are funny in some ways. I do sometimes want Team Rocket not to appear in every episode, but when they do something will feel missing in Pokemon.

I do agree as they're so enmeshed with the series, but there are some episodes in which I wish they weren't there or are really pointless to the story. Like the final Sabrina episode for example. Did we really need to see them and distract the audience with the episode's overall burden: the showdown with Sabrina. They didn't contribute to the episode in any way, did they?

I would say the same for the recent Deoxys episode, nevertheless, Meowth was intergal to the story. After that, then, they were useless (at least the human Rockets were). But after seeing the early episodes of Advanced Battle, I certainly understand the need to keep them around.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I do agree as they're so enmeshed with the series, but there are some episodes in which I wish they weren't there or are really pointless to the story. Like the final Sabrina episode for example. Did we really need to see them and distract the audience with the episode's overall burden: the showdown with Sabrina. They didn't contribute to the episode in any way, did they?

I would say the same for the recent Deoxys episode, nevertheless, Meowth was intergal to the story. After that, then, they were useless (at least the human Rockets were). But after seeing the early episodes of Advanced Battle, I certainly understand the need to keep them around.

I agree.. there are times when TR's appearances seemed kinda redundant.. Sometimes, I feel that they appear for the sake of making up the episode's minutes.. lol.

But there are also times when they were cool too.. like for example, in movie 2 (the power of one), they were 'needed'.. xD

Nevertheless, I still love TR to all the other villains on Pokemon ^^

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I agree.. there are times when TR's appearances seemed kinda redundant.. Sometimes, I feel that they appear for the sake of making up the episode's minutes.. lol.

Like in Gym Battles, where they're doing something totally unrelated to the main characters, seemingly just to waste time. I'd rather they just shut up for one episode so I could watch the animals maul each other uninterrupted. But in all honesty, Team Rocket can't hold a candle to my biggest gripe about Pokemon.

My biggest problem with Pokemon is that the real villains (Team Magma, etc...) don't get nearly enough face time. They should come up with a real villain (or group of villains) that are actually more of a threat to the world, instead of just having the 'B Team' look for Legendary #69. Someone that the show would have no choice but to focus on, even if only for a single season/saga.

Back