• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon World Live [Android Online Game]

Years
    Welcome to the Pokemon World LIVE.
    I started this because I like Pokemon and I like to play it on my mobile.
    I wanted to create a game that you can play anytime even when you just have like 2 min of time you can play the game.

Start your own pokemon adventure!
    Do you want to be Pokemon master? Then start your journey in Pokemon World Live.
    Everything starts with registering yourself as Pokemon Trainer. Prof. Oak will guide you!
    After he knows you who are he want to give you one of his pokemon. You can choose between Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.
    After that everything begins!
    You can go to different locations and try to catch some pokemon (Right now we will start with Gen1). Or you go and battle some NPC to reach a new level and unlock new locations for new pokemons.
    And after you feeling strong enough you can try and battle other users in some Online battles! Everything will be possible on your Android device. The whole pokemon world in your pocket!

What is different to other Pokemon games?
    Pokemon World Live is not a RPG game.
    You start with choosing your starter Pokemon and can go straight from the menu to the tall grass and encounter wild Pokemon.
    You start with level 1 and after you beat a level champion (NPC) you reach the next level. When reached the next level you unlock new locations and new NPCs this will go an and on.
    In the near future I want to add an Pokemon Battle Server where you can challenge other users or trade with them.
    You can play the game only with an internet connection because every calculation will be made on Servers (this to prevent cheating).
    I made such a game because I do not have the time to play like 20h a day or so but with this game even when I am going on the toilet (haha) I can encounter 2;3 wild pokemons and train my own or catch them. I do not need much time.

What is in the game right now
    • theoretical 151 Pokemon - but you canot encounter every of this (mainly because I need to add new locations after you reached level "15" but also because some of them will only be avaible through events in the future)
    • Wild Pokemon - You can catch Pokemons on your mobile device
    • Pokemon Box System
    • Day and Night - Right now we will use the Server Time in the future we want to use the timezone you are in right now.
    • Most of the moves with functioncode less than "05B" (Pokemon Essentials)
    • NPC battle System - You can battle with NPC and try to beat the level champions to reach the next level (Level Champions can be Brock, Misty etc)

The Future
    In fact that game will be never "finished" you can extend it everytime! But right now I have this on my mind:
    • Adding a Pokemon Battle Network - The place to meet other players. Chat, trade and battle them with your Pokemon World Live pokemons.
    • Adding more moves - right now there are only a few moves that work but I want to add more and more moves in the future.
    • Get a full weather database - I want to use the weather in your region for the fights.
    • Timezones - Like I said before I want to use the timezone you are in instead of the server time.
    This are the next steps for Pokemon World Live.
    There are some things I want to add MAYBE like you can encounter wild Pokemons depending on YOUR location.
    Finding other pokemon trainers in your region (this will only happen if enough players will play the game)
    and so on some location based things.

Developing Stage
    Right now I am searching for some Alpha testers.
    It will be the first real test of the game.
    So it would be good if you send me a PM if you want to test the game with this content:
    Your location (because I want to see how good it works when depending on your location - Server is in Germany right now)
    What Android device do you use?

And maybe some nice words :)

But be careful. It is an early alpha version which means:
    The Server maybe will not be avaible all the time.
    The game could crash anytime (That is what you should test) and you should try to tell me what happend right before the game crashed!
    Your user data could be delete (because of an update or just because.)
    Yes thats all right now.

Now I want to show you some pics of the game. (it is really simple in design I am a programmer not a designer -> if someone want to help in designing some menus and so on tell me!!)
    Pokemon World Live [Android Online Game]

The Login Screen

The Menu

The VS screen

Your Pokemonoverview

The "Tall grass" menu

The ingame battle. I want to provide two versions of it because when I use the 3d sprites the game will be like 50mb and with normal sprites 5mb
    So you can decide!

Credits
    Poccil, Flameguru, and Maruno : Pokémon Essentials (Use some of the pokemondata to fill my own database and helping me a lot when I read how "pokemon games" work)
    https://www.pkparaiso.com/ : for the sprites

Thank you :)

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I honestly think this would be a lot more successful as an RPG, but its up to the player to decide...

Back