• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: World of Waste

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Hello,

I've just started 'hacking' Im a beginner, i've just gotten into a bit pokescripting, anyways, this is my idea.

Storyline
    Due to global warming and pollution, the city of [name] has been covered in smog. In the city, only poison pokemon manage to survive. The cause of the pollution is yet unknown. When kids turn 10, they are send out to find the cause, under the guise of becoming a pokemon champion.

Outside the city however the air is clean (because the nature hasnt been polluted that much, however due to global warming, lots of the world is under water, creating a world of islands, linked by bridges and underground passages.

Tools
    I use the following:

AdvanceMap: for mapping
    AdvanceText: for text and to give new NPCs dialog
    pokescript: I Dont understand much of it yet, though i use some scripts i found here. (for instance, a person who can give you a pokemon).
    PET: to create new trainers
    (question: from what i've seen in PET, you can only edit trainers which are listed already? like trainer #111.

Features:
    New Region,
    8 new Gyms.

Screens

Suggestions, comments etc are welcome.

Thank you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2010
    sounds like a good story, a poison pokemon only world.
    it would be great if this works out

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I will expand my first post soon.

I have a few questions about certain scripts, which board should I post on? (I can't find it)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I will expand my first post soon.

I have a few questions about certain scripts, which board should I post on? (I can't find it)
    Go to script help thread which can be found here
    And i agree with the post 2 above great story i like the idea of a poison world, hope you continue with this ;)

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • Wow. This is very original. Combining environmental sciences with pokemon. I will be sure to play this. Please let me know the very second you release anything.

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
  • To answer your question about the map, in advance map you can change the border. The boder is everything outside a map. (Like the trees around Pallet town, or the black when your in a building.)
    You need to change that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Thanks, well its more like the city is polluted, (due to global warming). The biggest effect the game will have is that the water level has rizen quite a bit, making the settlements all island-like. Although im a beginner, i have practiced a bit and will make entire new area's, instead of old towns.

Question for the scripters among you, is it possible to edit already existing scropts? (so that i can edit the Team Rocket storyline, etc)

I have placed a few screens in my first post, it is about the first city.

The houses which you see can all be entered and the NPCs can be spoken to.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • Yes, you can change scripts. All you have to do is open advancemap, hit settings, and select 'Choose Script Editor'. It's near the bottom. Select XSE, or whatever you use, and then in the events tab of Advance Map, select the person or event tile you wish to edit. Click 'Open Script', and it will open in the script editor you selected.

Nice screenshots! The mist is cool, but it still looks like...mist. You should palette edit, and make it more of a grey colour, or more of a yellow colour.
    And just another idea, you should turn 'Rain Dance' into 'Acid Rain', which strikes for 2 to 5 turns, inflicting damage and lowering special defense.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Yes, you can change scripts. All you have to do is open advancemap, hit settings, and select 'Choose Script Editor'. It's near the bottom. Select XSE, or whatever you use, and then in the events tab of Advance Map, select the person or event tile you wish to edit. Click 'Open Script', and it will open in the script editor you selected.

Is this also possible witj pokescript?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I'll try XSE, please tell me, how is XSE different (other than the slight different coding) The whole process of making an RBC file then assign and burn it in PokeScript gets annoying tbh.

Me and another friend are working together on a scenario. More info will be revealed later. This project can take a while since im the only one working on it.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • Well, In XSE, you don't have to do any of that rbc/buffrite crap. You just make the script, and hit compile. The only thing really is that you need to have a dynamic offset at the beginning. Just look at any XSE tutorial, and it will show you how. If you type in a pokescript command, it will be converted to an XSE command when you compile, so no need to worry about that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    That definately sounds easier, another question though, because the player starts in a polluted city, i want the first gym to be a poison type gym. How do i change badges (since im now stuck with the default, boulder,cascade etc)

Another question:

Ive read the tut about world map editing, and ive started to make my own map:

Now i dont understand how i can replace this map (when its done, with the kanto map ingame). So that the locations ingame matches the location on this new map.

As you can see im planning to remake everything.
    Question:

what is the best plan of action, first making the entire map and then make the actual game, or make the game and when thats done, insert the map en fix the locations (how can this be done?)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back