• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Worth Leveling?

Years
    you say things like "I'm going to teach my ampharos all electric types" or "I taught my gyarados all water moves" .............
    --------- that is definitely NOT the way to go. you should teach your pokemon a variety of moves. no more than two of the same type, if you absolutely HAVE to have two (i.e. a pokemon that knows fly would be good also having air cutter, because air cutter is a sp atk and also it doesn't take...you know, for those times you just want to finish quickly).

you say you have pokemon ranging from lv 20 to like 43
    --------- this is also bad. they should be around the same level. unless one is an hm slave or like a milktank, that you use for the milk drink hp restore. but otherwise they should be around the same lv

you say you have a ho oh and a ... typhlosion??
    --------- why would you have two of the same type on your team? two fire types? I mean come on. well, if you must have the two, make their move sets as different as you can

all in all, this team would definitely have trouble beating the elite four. good luck fixing it :)

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    Well im on Lance, I havnt lost any pokemon, I used Typhlosion and Ho-oh I used 1 Super Potion and im not Trying. Im not having that much trouble. I just need ice moves for the Dragons of Lance and the electric pokemon for Gyarados, I dont know whats best type of pokemon to kill the Aerodactyl. It seems to wipe me out all the time.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Ice, water, electric, and steel will all work about the same, though physical attacks will probably hit harder than special attacks, due to his slightly higher base sp. def. Rock is best for his Charizard, just in case you were wondering.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    Im on HG He doesnt have Charizard. He got Aerodactyl, 3 Dragonites, Gyarados and One other that I forgot, Maybe even 4 Dragonites.

EDIT: He does have Charizard sorry ;P I can always usemy Gyarados, he'll be around level 45

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    An excellent ice pokemon to consider is Lapras. It is in union cave every friday. It learns ice beam naturally and with its water attacks (i personally use surf) it has an advantage over 5 out of 6 of lance's pokemon.

Mine personally knows
    Surf
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Ice Beam

Because it receives STAB with ice beam it slaughters his dragonites and his areodactly,
    Charizard is screwed because of surf,
    If you do teach it thunder or thunderbolt garados is done for.
    Although he doesnt have an amazing based special attack STAB tends to make up for it where it counts.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Im on HG He doesnt have Charizard. He got Aerodactyl, 3 Dragonites, Gyarados and One other that I forgot, Maybe even 4 Dragonites.

EDIT: He does have Charizard sorry ;P I can always usemy Gyarados, he'll be around level 45

you could use gyarados, I was just saying that rock was the best, but water and electric work great too, so yeah, use gyarados if you don't have Rock type moves.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    My Dewgong just destroyed Lance. And Seels are very easy to train. I think I got mine at lv 20 and it was while swimming on the path to the Safari Zone

Trained up very quickly on the way to the Elite 4 and then destroyed everything there (except for Gyarados :) )

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    After spending a couple of days power leveling my pokemon at the Pokemon League, I finally beat Lance. My current HG paty I used to kill Lance

Typhlosion - Level 72
    Ho-oh - Level 51
    Gyarados - Level 44
    Ampharos - Level 44
    Piloswine - Level 48

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    ya dont need 2 fire types. i reccomened losing ho-oh. If you have time to train and have someone willing to trade with you, get a dragonite and an alakazam (my alakazam basically beat most of the 4 elites pokemon). get gyarados ice fang if he hasnt got it, ditch sudowoodo, you clearly have no interest in it, and train pinsir to lvl 40-50

Back