• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y Timeline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
  • I came across a youtube video today which explained the timeline between the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova region and some of the timelines in these regions happened during the exact same time. The timeline story and the video link will be shown in the spoiler section.

Questions to speculate over:
    *When do you think X and Y takes place?
    *Is it at the same time as some of the other regions?
    *Is it way back in the past before Kanto or is it way far in the future after Unova?
    *Does X and Y take place at the same time as the main protagonist is trying to stop Team Aqua/Magma in the Hoenn region or maybe during some other events in the other regions?
    *Do you think there will be any connections between the Kalos region and some of the other regions like Johto and Sinnoh or Kanto and Unova?
    *If you think there will be connections between Kalos and some of the other regions, what kind of connections do you think there will be between Kalos and some of the other regions?
    *What kind of connections would you like to see between Kalos and some of the other regions?

You can also come up with your own stories between the Kalos region and the other regions but try to stay OnT.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not sure if they will go backwards in the timeline. I think Hoenn and Sinnoh might have been special cases because of the remakes.

Pokemon XY will probably be either a few years after Pokemon Black & White 2.....or maybe around the same time as Pokemon Black & White 2.

If they do make a Hoenn remake in the 6th gen, that would place Kalos near the start of the timeline with Kanto and Hoenn. Which would definitely be interesting. Although they not might make a Hoenn remake...but a Hoenn sequel.

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • Actually, I'd like Kalos would connect to ANY other region. It would be awesome *_*

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Honestly it proably won't affect it much if at all. Just look at gen 4 (the only one with undeniable proof that it takes place during another generations' time), it wasn't affected much by gen 2 beyond a few references.

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    Considering the abundance of cars, I can almost guarantee that these games will be set at the same time as or after Unova. Prior to Unova, there were 2 cars (that I remember) and they were the moving van that somehow got in front of your house in R/S/E and the truck in R/B/Y.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm not too found of these timeline discussion. People seem to think gen 1 and gen 3 takes place at the same time. True one could argue that but I don't believe that's the case. I think in terms of FR and LG were just remakes to bring back the old pokemon. I wish they made it like HG and SS where it was most clear. Anyways I almost sure that this game takes place after BW 2. The only games that have so called occurred concurrently was in the same generation.

WishCookie

Years
  • I'm not too found of these timeline discussion. People seem to think gen 1 and gen 3 takes place at the same time. True one could argue that but I don't believe that's the case. I think in terms of FR and LG were just remakes to bring back the old pokemon. I wish they made it like HG and SS where it was most clear. Anyways I almost sure that this game takes place after BW 2. The only games that have so called occurred concurrently was in the same generation.

Actually when they remade Red/Blue into FR/LG just because the fans were mad over that you couldn't catch the most gen 1/2 Pokemon or trade over gen 1 and 2 Pokemon to Ruby/Sapphire but overall yes R/S/E does take place at the same time as R/B/G aka FR/LG. It was also created to create a connection between Kanto and Hoenn at the same time.

Last edited:

POCKYM0NSTAH

Shoop
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    I think that X and Y should take place while either Black/white or Black 2/White 2 is happening because those are the only main games that aren't taking place at the same time as other games. It could also be the 2 year gap in B/W and B2/W2 or just after B2/W2 because the pokedex looks a bit futuristic. I hope to see all the Playable characters of all of the games be part of the story because they wont be able to do it after X and Y because you can customize in those games. They could pull it off using a game link kind of thing. It would be either part of the story or just part of like a In game tournament.

WishCookie

Years
  • I think that X and Y should take place while either Black/white or Black 2/White 2 is happening because those are the only main games that aren't taking place at the same time as other games. It could also be the 2 year gap in B/W and B2/W2 or just after B2/W2 because the pokedex looks a bit futuristic. I hope to see all the Playable characters of all of the games be part of the story because they wont be able to do it after X and Y because you can customize in those games. They could pull it off using a game link kind of thing. It would be either part of the story or just part of like a In game tournament.

The character customization doesn't really change the timeline between the older games and X/Y if it now took place at the same time as Johto or Sinnoh. I mean R/S/E took place at the same time as R/B/G aka FR/LG and G/S/C were released before R/S/E but it took place like 3 years after Kanto and Hoenn.

POCKYM0NSTAH

Shoop
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    The character customization doesn't really change the timeline between the older games and X/Y if it now took place at the same time as Johto or Sinnoh. I mean R/S/E took place at the same time as R/B/G aka FR/LG and G/S/C were released before R/S/E but it took place like 3 years after Kanto and Hoenn.
    I meant seeing the character from X and Y in a later game with all other characters from earlier games. Without game sync it would just use default I guess.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I meant seeing the character from X and Y in a later game with all other characters from earlier games. Without game sync it would just use default I guess.

I don't think because of the customization that it means there won't be a set Male and Female trainer that represents that generation. The customization is exactly that, making small additions or changes to the character to make him/her a bit more your own, but it's rather clear that GameFreak has already chosen their 'default' appearances.

So it's as you said, if there were ever a time when they wanted to have all or most playable characters appear in a game, I'm sure they'd just use the default appearances, because that's what GameFreak sees as their 'original' characters.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think X and Y will take place some time after B2W2. That way, if Game Freak wanted to utilize characters such as the old protagonists, N, Gym Leaders, etc., they could do pretty much whatever they wanted. If X and Y were set after BW but before B2W2 they would be limited by whatever ended up happening in B2W2 (example: if Game Freak wanted to have a side plot involving the BW protagonists and N, they would have a lot more freedom if the games took place after B2W2, because if they took place before they would have to make sure the characters never meet).

WishCookie

Years
  • (example: if Game Freak wanted to have a side plot involving the BW protagonists and N, they would have a lot more freedom if the games took place after B2W2, because if they took place before they would have to make sure the characters never meet).

Yea I see where you're going. I mean, true if N shows up in X and Y if its takes place before B2W2 it would be pretty limited but I think that GameFreak would have thought out a way to connect some unanswered questions like where N went after the final battle in Black/White and what made him to go back to Unova as a ''side quest.''

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I wonder how it would affect the gameplay if X and Y would take place during the same time as the events in Kanto. Maybe Giovanni fled to the Kalos region? :P

Now that is an interesting thought…and it makes sense, too. The only problem with that is that I haven't yet heard reports of any players of X and Y, myself included, who have encountered Giovanni in the Kalos region. Maybe nobody's looking hard enough if he is there, but this reason makes me doubt that he is.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • I remember talking to a character in X and Y who says you should visit Hoenn but not now because the weather is going crazy or is strange...Kyogre/Groudon Fight? But then another Character references Team Plasma...So did Team Plasma exist before the events of Black and White? Or are Kyorge and Groudon Fighting again?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I remember talking to a character in X and Y who says you should visit Hoenn but not now because the weather is going crazy or is strange...Kyogre/Groudon Fight? But then another Character references Team Plasma...So did Team Plasma exist before the events of Black and White? Or are Kyorge and Groudon Fighting again?

Hmmm…now that is suspicious. It seems to me that knowing when Team Plasma formed in respect to the other villainous teams would help (heck, we don't even know when the Generation V story arc started relative to the other games -- we only know that it occurred after the rest of the history chronicled by the Pokémon franchise; maybe we could find some kind of hint in how old that old Team Rocket member, his wife, and his baby are and how long ago the first guy got married?) Another thing to consider is that I've heard that somebody in the game mentions that Green/Blue/Gary recently studied abroad in Kalos, which adds more credence to our theory that Generation VI's main games happen at the same time as those of Generation I and thereby Generation III, whose main games everyone wants GameFreak to remake this generation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back