• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Yellow DX

Years
  • Pok?mon Yellow DX, A RMXP Product

Pokemon Yellow DX was originally a romhack but changed to RMXP because we wanted to include features that a GBA romhack cant and romhacking is getting old and I hope RMXP is more fun :)

I guess the storyline is having a little twist but havent got it finalized yet, Just wait a while.

There are a small list of features that you will mostly see in Pok?mon Yellow DX:
    1) Return of Johto, Day & Night feature, and the weekly events.
    2) More and more and MORE move tutors!!!
    3) Harder challenge
    4) Kanto and the Sevii Islands still here, unchanged, but only the addition of Trainer House in Viridain City, Monorail Station in Saffron City, and the Radio Tower in Lavender plus a few more.
    5) All of the new Pokemon will be in the game from the 4th Generation...
    6) And finally, you can choose the trainer sprites of Yellow - boy-like or girl-like
    And much much more.

Staff List:
    Main Developer: Jade
    Main Organiser: the don/Jason
    Assistant Developer(s): ???
    Mapper: Alphonse Elric
    Spriter: Alphonse Elric

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2007
    So, essentially it will be a Colorized/Updated Yellow Version, but with Johto and The Sevii Island included? Sounds Promising... the Screenshot looks nice for Johto, but I think you should at least get the correct Trainer Spirtes (Unless you have not gotten them yet obviously).

A few various questions:
    1.Will Pikachu or some other PKMN follow the player around catipillar style, since it is Yellow DX?
    2. What "Team" will be Present? Rocket, Magma, Aqua, New?
    3. Here's a question that has been bugging me: Since the only way to get a large thing like the Magnet Train onto the Map would be through the Tile-Set, how would you go about Making it appear like it was moving? Moving Background/Shaking Screen and then a clever Parallel Background of Both Train stations, switching back to the tile-set with none-the-wiser?
    4. Since you mentioned Johto and Radio Tower, will the Pokegear be making an appearence with Various Phone Numbers and what-not?

5. When does the demo come out? :p

Years
  • 1. No, I hate Pikachu bit he will join you
    2. I think both Normal Rocket and Neo Rocket but not sure yet.
    3. I can manage, dont worry about it.
    4. Pokegear will make an appearance...with more features.
    5. Patience :)

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • This game looks okay, if you want a time system, download the scipt project from the "taking script requests" thread, that has a scipt that makes the time on the game change to the time on the computer, if you get what I mean.

ALso,will any other Pokeon follow you? I like it when Pokemon follow you.:)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    It's nice to see new games popping up. I hope you and your team do well.

Years
  • Thanks Deagon *gives rep*

I merged my Yellow DX game with virtual's script that have the menu, local clock time and trainer card etc, but theres one question, I have made 48 lines of day/night feature (24 of them are tint screen commands while others are Wait Frames) so I would like to make it compability with the local time clock... heres another screenshot to keep you company.

The pond wont be in the final version as its just sit here for testing purposes, lol. The time in the screenshot is like around 3 in the morning...hehe

~Jade.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • Sorry I dunno how yu can do it on XP,but in RM2k3(maybe it's the same),you should put an event on every window(using the window gfx) and the make a variable called "Night"-but you allready have that,and so when the time is right(in game),and the variable is one,then you make the event change the GFX-s to a "light" window...

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    It depends on which system he's using. If it's like it is in G/S/C, then it's very possible. It's possible because there's only five shades in a day. If you take a screen of the game during test play at night, you can take it into Paint, and have it lit up. Then, add the window alone to the tileset. Go into RMXP and click on a window, have it set to appear at night.

It works in theory.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Umm... shouldn't you use Pok?mon Charsets? It looks terribly unprofessional... and the text in your first post is a headache to read. Perhaps only the title should be in yellow... Your relflective system looks nice.

Years
  • First of all,

I do not have any Pokemon charsets. I would be grateful if you give me a site that have lots of Pokemon charsets, which I seen before in Japanese.

Secondly, the reflective system isnt mine, I used virtual's script.

Edit: The starting progress have going along really nicely.
    I have changed
    1. Windowskin, thanks to Peekimon for template
    2. Screen size, thanks to Peekimon again for the script he found for me
    3. Font colour... but the font isn't working yet, so thanks again to Peekimon.

Well, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE incorporate this Day/Night script with the Local Time? Thanks!

Another screenshot to keep you comany.

Last edited:
    Back