• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon yellow solo run

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Boredom has driven me to do a solo run through pokemon yellow, though i dont know which pokemon to pick. I was going to do caterpie first, but soon realized that he wont learn anything beyond tackle and string shot, and cant learn moves, so its impossible. I dont know what to do so you guys vote and tell me what pokemon to pick. Also im playing on a gbc so id like whatever pokemon i choose to be caught relatively early in the game.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Charmander or Squirtle... Bulbasaur is good for the first two gyms though. I'd say one of the starters

Randurro

スペースをとるこ? ??
    Years
  • If you can trade/cheat, Ditto. I have seen people make attempts and claims about doing this kind of run but wimp out due to bordem and laziness. This run is possible but will obviously be quite the challenge.

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I'd say Nidoran or Ditto.
    That would be fun.
    [I don't remember if you can catch her on pokemon yellow, but chancey/blissey is always a fun solo :P]

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    How about you try using your Pikachu? I mean sure you will probably have one hell of a time fighting Brock but after that, your in the clear. Also, if you have Pokemon Stadium you could try teaching Pikachu surf.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Oh right, yellow. I'm in GSC mode XD

Well if you're hacking it, Rhydon or Dragonite.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Nobody has mentioned one of the weakest, common and most overlooked pokemon in the first Pokemon games.

Zubat. :D Definitely go with Zubat. xD

Back