• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] pokemon_forms.txt offspring option is broken

Years
  • Hi, I've been trying to make an alternative form for Hydreigon when holding an item. This form, when bred, produces another species of pokemon different from Deino. I've tried to use the offspring function in pokemon_forms.txt to make it possible, but when I breed the Hydreigon it only produces Deino eggs for some reason, and it's not a problem with the form because I made sure the form is the right one. What's happening?

Attachments

• pokemon_forms.txt offspring option is broken
      immagine_2023-06-12_133617975.png
      1.6 KB · Views: 6
      immagine_2023-06-12_133700852.png
      20.3 KB · Views: 4
    Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I think you are supposed to put the OFFSPRING thing in the lowest evolution available for the evolution line. It says so in the wiki, as far as I understand. And in any case, I don't know if it's what you need here. Azurill, for example, only is born from an egg if a marill is holding incense but the OFFSPRING line is not used anywhere in this evolution line. You should look for how the baby pokemon with incense is chosen as the egg's species.

Here's the text that explains this, by the way:
    The species of Pokémon in the egg is inherited from the mother. The lowest prevolution of the mother's species is chosen for this. However, if a prevolution is defined with an Incense item and neither parent is holding that item, the next evolved species in the evolutionary family is used instead. Then, if the species decided upon has an "Offspring" property defined in the PBS file "pokemon.txt", the egg's species will instead be one of those offspring species (chosen randomly and with an equal chance of each). Nidoran, Volbeat/Illumise and Manaphy make use of the "Offspring" property.

Years
  • I think you are supposed to put the OFFSPRING thing in the lowest evolution available for the evolution line. It says so in the wiki, as far as I understand. And in any case, I don't know if it's what you need here. Azurill, for example, only is born from an egg if a marill is holding incense but the OFFSPRING line is not used anywhere in this evolution line. You should look for how the baby pokemon with incense is chosen as the egg's species.

Here's the text that explains this, by the way:

I tried to move the Offspring property to the lower pokemon in the evolution line, it doesn't work. Not only that but I tried with Pokemon who actually use that property but it still refuses to work, and to my knowledge there isn't supposed to be a switch that deactivates it.

Other than that, the wiki states something different in the defining a pokemon page anyways

Attachments

immagine_2023-06-14_173949300.png
      41.6 KB · Views: 3
    Back