• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokemonCraft New MMORPG Online Pokemon Game www.pokemoncraft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeFurkan0

Pokemon MMORPG PokemonCraft
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    Version beta 1.3.7 updated

now you can see other users in the map ofc users have to be in your range

and also a few maps added to the game

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • 6 posts in a row?
    And 4 posts in a row a couple above that...
    Are you messing or what?

If now one hasn't replied, just edit it into your last post. Or even update the first post of new version numbers rather then posting them.
    Don't even double post again or I'll lock the thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016

If I may Id like to address a few errors and offer a bit of advise. First off id like to state that there is quite a bit of lag with the game, possibly because its running directly from the server and as you stated earlier in the topic it makes a server call for every move, also the walking animation on the character i used does not engage, the character tends to "float" or more specifically is locked in the foward stepping position most likely cause would be that the animation is unresponsive and is only using the default frame when moving. This project is obviously either really new or progressing slowly and while im sure you want to get your maps loaded it would benefit more to get rid of the server calls and lag for the more you add without addressing this issue the more your game will slow down and defect. I have 3 solutions for this issue however, you could create a downloadable to run as a client side emulator which reads from an exe in the server through a telnet tunnel (based off of the byond engine's construction but this still results in alot of lag and can be a large complicated task.) The second solution is a browser based java emulator, you would have better luck using the ch language for this however , reason being is ch interprets many coding languages which allows you to convert the code to optimise speed and effectiveness java is one of the languages it can interperate. My final suggestion is possibly the most effective , you could have the server send over the operating components into a temporary folder on the client pc it would be better to have it separated into large sections so only the neccesary components are loaded and when the user finishes a certain portion of the game a script would interchange it with a short server call and another script would delete all of the unneccesary files from the temporary folder. What this accomplishes is that the user's computer runs an emulator and processes the game rather than the server which in turn speeds up the game and allows for more features as well as a bigger game size (for larger games sectioning is advised.) Also the last method is more preferable because a java emulator would load poorly and would be unlikely to sustain itself for large timeframes (based on experience from many other java emulator based games at half the resource usage of your own) while the download can drive people away do to lack of storage space, fear of virus, and if the program is not properly written it can leave undesirable extra files or bad side effects (much like norton antivirus accomplished.) The last method would need some javascript to make server calls and stream data such as that for chat (if you use such features) and it would need a single batch or similar file (an alternative to batch is advised for many antiviruses will reject batch files especially those downloaded in the background.) to handle an autodelete feature which removes all game components from the client after the final save file was tranfered for storage on the server. To pull this off you would obviously need knowledge of javascript or vb script (and any other comparable scripts which can operate between a server and client) as well as a knowledge of batch or a comparable level (basically a config style programming language to handle the autodelete.)

CeFurkan0

Pokemon MMORPG PokemonCraft
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    If I may Id like to address a few errors and offer a bit of advise. First off id like to state that there is quite a bit of lag with the game, possibly because its running directly from the server and as you stated earlier in the topic it makes a server call for every move, also the walking animation on the character i used does not engage, the character tends to "float" or more specifically is locked in the foward stepping position most likely cause would be that the animation is unresponsive and is only using the default frame when moving. This project is obviously either really new or progressing slowly and while im sure you want to get your maps loaded it would benefit more to get rid of the server calls and lag for the more you add without addressing this issue the more your game will slow down and defect. I have 3 solutions for this issue however, you could create a downloadable to run as a client side emulator which reads from an exe in the server through a telnet tunnel (based off of the byond engine's construction but this still results in alot of lag and can be a large complicated task.) The second solution is a browser based java emulator, you would have better luck using the ch language for this however , reason being is ch interprets many coding languages which allows you to convert the code to optimise speed and effectiveness java is one of the languages it can interperate. My final suggestion is possibly the most effective , you could have the server send over the operating components into a temporary folder on the client pc it would be better to have it separated into large sections so only the neccesary components are loaded and when the user finishes a certain portion of the game a script would interchange it with a short server call and another script would delete all of the unneccesary files from the temporary folder. What this accomplishes is that the user's computer runs an emulator and processes the game rather than the server which in turn speeds up the game and allows for more features as well as a bigger game size (for larger games sectioning is advised.) Also the last method is more preferable because a java emulator would load poorly and would be unlikely to sustain itself for large timeframes (based on experience from many other java emulator based games at half the resource usage of your own) while the download can drive people away do to lack of storage space, fear of virus, and if the program is not properly written it can leave undesirable extra files or bad side effects (much like norton antivirus accomplished.) The last method would need some javascript to make server calls and stream data such as that for chat (if you use such features) and it would need a single batch or similar file (an alternative to batch is advised for many antiviruses will reject batch files especially those downloaded in the background.) to handle an autodelete feature which removes all game components from the client after the final save file was tranfered for storage on the server. To pull this off you would obviously need knowledge of javascript or vb script (and any other comparable scripts which can operate between a server and client) as well as a knowledge of batch or a comparable level (basically a config style programming language to handle the autodelete.)

thanks for feedback

unfortunately i can not make it java based or downloadable client

but i did a very good job on increasing the game speed

now you can keep pushing w,a,s,d or arrow keys at keyboard for moving continuously. So moving speed increased really a lot.

Also i have now 2 vpses. one of them holds database one of them holds web server. so game is now a lot faster.

And many other tweaks i am doing recently. For example compare this 2 similiar pokedex performances

https://www.pokemoncraft.com/Pokedex

https://pokemonindigo.com/pokedex/

you will understand which one is faster :)

and many more tweaks i will make for increasing game speed

A Real Pokemon MMORPG Game PokemonCraft is now Version 2.2.7 Beta

Many new features added to the game. Game visuality increased a lot since the last post of this topic.

You better check it :)

Free to register and instant activation

register : https://www.pokemoncraft.com/Register.aspx

and ofc i am waiting your new feedbacks about game . how to make it better or faster.

i am developing game with

asp.net 4.0 , c# , MSSQL 2008

the tool for asp.net and c# is ofc microsoft visual studio 2010 :)

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
    Years
  • thanks for feedback

unfortunately i can not make it java based or downloadable client

but i did a very good job on increasing the game speed

now you can keep pushing w,a,s,d or arrow keys at keyboard for moving continuously. So moving speed increased really a lot.

Also i have now 2 vpses. one of them holds database one of them holds web server. so game is now a lot faster.

And many other tweaks i am doing recently. For example compare this 2 similiar pokedex performances

https://www.pokemoncraft.com/Pokedex

https://pokemonindigo.com/pokedex/

you will understand which one is faster :)

and many more tweaks i will make for increasing game speed

A Real Pokemon MMORPG Game PokemonCraft is now Version 2.2.7 Beta

Many new features added to the game. Game visuality increased a lot since the last post of this topic.

You better check it :)

Free to register and instant activation

register : https://www.pokemoncraft.com/Register.aspx

and ofc i am waiting your new feedbacks about game . how to make it better or faster.

i am developing game with

asp.net 4.0 , c# , MSSQL 2008

the tool for asp.net and c# is ofc microsoft visual studio 2010 :)
    Wow pokemon indigo's pokedex just caused firefox to hang out for 2-4 minutes. Why did you create a whole, and unccessary complex, pokedex since there are already amazing 'pokedexes' out there (veekun, bulbapedia, serebii)?
    Anyway, good luck with your game.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Since this isn't even the correct forum for this, the thread is closed.

Feel free to create a new thread in the Drawing Board that meets the section's requirements.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back