• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokemonOnline - Submit Your Ideas!

Years
  • Hello,

I am working on a new online Pokemon game, with no required downloads. There is no release date set, and it's in the early development stages. I will post a brief description shortly, as well as a list of what type of staff we are looking for, and some brief information about me. I'd like to hear some ideas from people in the community. Right now, the idea is Pokemon Red/Blue, but after you beat the game, you can explore an extra map, that is much, much larger, as well as battle/capture every pokemon ever released. As implied by the title, it will obviously be online, and have many online features that have never been done in a Pokemon game (At least not commercially, It may have been by some of you already)

I'd also like to say hello to the entire pokecommunity! I look forward to meeting each of you.

Brief Description

PokemonOnline will include all 8 badges in the first game, as well as all 151 pokemon (first game). After you get all 8 badges, and defeat the final four, however, you will be able to access every pokemon ever in the pokemon games, as well as a large additional map. You can choose either the red version, blue version, or green version. Which all have 5 or so pokemon you can only get on that version. Your starter pokemon will be either charmander, squirtle, or bulbasaur, just as in the first game. You can fight other people online at any time. You will gain experience from this.

Players will also be able to start their own gyms, once all of their pokemon reach level 5. You can have a minimum of 3 pokemon. You must give a prize that is 2x or more of the entry cost. This can be a great way to make money other than fighting trainers, but you may also lose money. Players will be alerted of the combined levels of your pokemon, so it will be a fair battle.

Though the entire origonal map will be included, it will also be extended. As this game is much larger, and encourages long, long hours of play, the maximum level will no longer be 100. New moves will be added, however, new evolutions will not be added. Evolution levels may be changed, however experience to the next level will not, nor will the moved that are learned normally be removed or modified.

Another new feature, will be the ability to open a store where you can sell items you've found farther in the game, or items that are in only certain versions. You will even be able to sell pokemon that you've trained! Different version will be plenty different, to encourage the use of stores, and one player playing more than 1 version will not be allowed, therefore raising the value of items found on only one version.

The game will be free to play, and no download is required. The game can be played on any computer with access to the internet. There will be constant updates, but you will never lose your progress, so while with the games you buy at stores, you need to restart every year or so, this game's pokemon will last you forever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, just wanted to let everyone know it's coming along well. If anyone has any comments/suggestions, please let me know!

UPDATE - The game has a new name: Pokemon . Field Mist

Last edited:

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • I'm curious. If it's not going to be a download, is it going to be browser based? Kinda like Pokémon Crater?

I've been thinking of doing something like this myself, but I think I can make it so that you can walk around normally, as in using the arrow keys and such.

Good luck with this!

Back