• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeRedDeluxe issues

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2024
    I was told that the author of the PokeRedDeluxe would be available to help with this issue. I am having the same error when making this rom as was mentioned on these 2 threads a few years ago:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/i-cannot-make-rom-file-of-pokemon-red-dx-but-i-can-with-pokemon-red-original.435802

"
    make
    find: 'yellow': No such file or directory
    make: python: No such file or directory
    /bin/sh: python: command not found
    make: *** [Makefile:76: red/audio.o] Error 127
    "

I am running into this same error when I try to make the rom. Please let me know how to resolve it. Thanks.

Last edited:
    I was told that the author of the PokeRedDeluxe would be available to help with this issue. I am having the same error when making this rom as was mentioned on these 2 threads a few years ago:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/i-cannot-make-rom-file-of-pokemon-red-dx-but-i-can-with-pokemon-red-original.435802

"
    make
    /bin/sh: python: command not found
    make: *** [Makefile:76: red/audio.o] Error 127
    "

I am running into this same error when I try to make the rom. Please let me know how to resolve it. Thanks.
    You need to install python like Lunos said in the first thread you linked. The hack's github page has an issue that tells you which version you should install.

I installed python 2.7, but make still doesn't work. That link you gave me also mentions installing an older version of rgbds, how do I do that?
    Well the error says that the command 'python' is not found so you probably didn't install it correctly or it's named something else.
    You can install an older version of rgbds the same way you would install any other version for a disassembly. The github issue has a link to the older version's release containing windows builds and source code.

Well the error says that the command 'python' is not found so you probably didn't install it correctly or it's named something else.
    You can install an older version of rgbds the same way you would install any other version for a disassembly. The github issue has a link to the older version's release containing windows builds and source code.
    I installed python 2.7 and it shows up when I do python2 -V. I tried putting the older version of rgbds onto my root but I still get the same error.

I installed python 2.7 and it shows up when I do python2 -V. I tried putting the older version of rgbds onto my root but I still get the same error.
    So it is named something other than "python". Either make the program usable as "python" or edit the Makefile to use "python2".

So it is named something other than "python". Either make the program usable as "python" or edit the Makefile to use "python2".
    Yes, this resolved the python issue, but now I'm getting other errors. When I run make in pokereddeluxe I get this:

pokereddeluxe$ make
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "extras/pokemontools/gfx.py", line 5, in <module>
    import png
    ImportError: No module named png
    make: *** [Makefile:76: red/audio.o] Error 1

When I run sudo make install in rgbds I get this:

rgbds$ sudo make install
    cd ..src/bison.sh: 7: bison: not found
    src/bison.sh: 8: bison: not found
    src/bison.sh: 10: [: Illegal number:
    src/bison.sh: 18: [: Illegal number:
    src/bison.sh: 18: [: Illegal number:
    src/bison.sh: 21: [: Illegal number:
    src/bison.sh: 21: [: Illegal number:
    src/bison.sh: 30: exec: bison: not found
    make: *** [Makefile:141: src/asm/parser.cpp] Error 127

I'm using the latest version of rgbds, and I know it requires an older version, but why do I get that error anyway?

Yes, this resolved the python issue, but now I'm getting other errors. When I run make in pokereddeluxe I get this:

When I run sudo make install in rgbds I get this:

I'm using the latest version of rgbds, and I know it requires an older version, but why do I get that error anyway?
    You're missing pypng and bison, both of which are mentioned in the project's installation guide.

Back