• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 372 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Is there a new moves list somewhere? Or should I use posted smogon forum link as a list(So hurricane for Pidgey line, drill run for Fearow, etc)

----

Nevermind, found info.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Why is the download page for this rom the most fishy thing I've ever seen? No offense lol, I press download and I just get directed to an ad...
Given that it's Sendspace I'm actually surprised that it's still up! It could get nuked because it's too old for the site to keep around any minute. If you're really concerned, the Github's right there on the OP, and you can compile it with the Florges fix yourself if you want though.

Come to think of it, it's been since 2016 since the last commit and there is nothing in the Releases tab... maybe someone should compile the latest version and provide a download? No guarantees, but I'll see what I can do later.

EDIT: I tried, it just won't compile for me. Here's what's up:

In the rgbds directory:
Code:
find: yellow: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `gfx/tilemaps/slotmachine.map', needed by `red/main.o'.  Stop.

In the pokereddeluxe directory:
Code:
find: yellow: No such file or directory
rgbasm -h -o red/audio.o red/audio.asm
warning: red/audio.asm(2) -> audio.asm(503) -> crysaudio/engine.asm(229):
    'JP [HL]' is obsolete, use 'JP HL' instead.
warning: red/audio.asm(2) -> audio.asm(503) -> crysaudio/engine.asm(1361):
    'JP [HL]' is obsolete, use 'JP HL' instead.
make: *** No rule to make target `gfx/tilemaps/slotmachine.map', needed by `red/main.o'.  Stop.

Looks like the slotmachine map is the common factor? Yellow is shared too, but I think that's just because there's no Yellow version of this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
Hello! I am very interested in trying this game. However I cannot locate the .gbc file to load in my emulator.

I clicked on the "game patches" link and downloaded the .rar file... however, after extracting, the file appears to contain mostly .pdf files, a .txt file, and a some .ips files. I do believe a .gbc file is required to play this game, correct?

Can anyone help me out? This game looks great, and I don't want to miss out on it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2018
Hello! I am very interested in trying this game. However I cannot locate the .gbc file to load in my emulator.

I clicked on the "game patches" link and downloaded the .rar file... however, after extracting, the file appears to contain mostly .pdf files, a .txt file, and a some .ips files. I do believe a .gbc file is required to play this game, correct?

Can anyone help me out? This game looks great, and I don't want to miss out on it.

Actually never mind! I eventually figures out this was only a patch that can be applied to a rom file. I already had a copy of red.gb so I made a copy of it, applied the patch and renamed the copy red DX. It seems to be working great. Thank you for making this possible!

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 2, 2018
This is absolutely brilliant so far. The only issue I've run into is sucker punch freezing the game.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
This is absolutely brilliant so far. The only issue I've run into is sucker punch freezing the game.
This is actually fixed in the github, it was the last commit.

Kinda one reason why I wanted to compile the latest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 4, 2022
Hey so I've gained interest in this game. Though i have a few inquiries.

1) Is the use of Infinite Full Heals on the Gym Leaders side intentional? I had chosen Charmander as my starter and it was an absolute nightmare to fight Brock. However the strategy that I wanted to try was using my Nidoran Male to poison it. I poisoned Onix 7 times and every single time he automatically full healed. Was this intentional?

2) Ghosts getting wrapped. So while it says "It doesn't affect it" and it does no damage, the Wrap still locks you down and prevents you from attacking all while doing 0 damage. Is this something that can be fixed?

3) Also is there any save editors / extra patches for this particular game perhaps to create randomizers or nuzlocke versions in addition to the high difficulty modes? Or are there any plans for such a thing in the future?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
While I greatly appreciate you taking the time to direct me to those resources, they don?t seem to work for iOS. I guess I?ll just have to wait out for this hack.
JPS does, just only on Firefox or Chrome. Both of these browsers are around in the app store if I remember correctly.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Building update: I can build rgbds now after a recent software update (which means I may be playing around with this later), but more importantly I still get this error when building pokereddeluxe:
Code:

Does anyone at all know what this error is or how to fix it?

JOBO

o/_\O
Years
Gen 1 hacks are the best! i'm loving the new mons and features. Is it possible to get an update with the Sucker punch crash fix?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Man, I am so shocked that i never played this one, I love the fact that you have select different difficulty patches because I am a bit of a masochist when it comes to playing ROM hacks since I tend to nerf myself during playthroughs. Thank you so much for this.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Gen 1 hacks are the best! i'm loving the new mons and features. Is it possible to get an update with the Sucker punch crash fix?

I might take another shot at building from the latest git with the sucker punch fix later, now that I have another OS to see whether or not it was just OSX screwing it up. I have no clue whether or not it'll make any difference though. If anyone else wants to pitch in on that, go ahead though.

Last edited:
Back