• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pokerus...

Hollow.

Elite Haxzor
Years
  • what would you say would be a good way to get your pokemon infected with, nurse joy said something about it to me but none of my pokemon have it. it would like to get a pokemon with it...

Pika_Pwnd

God's busy, how may I help?
    Years
  • I got it from fighting a wild shinx. I think you have a low chance of getting it in any battle with a wild pokemon. But, if you keep your pokemon in your party long enough they'll lose it. I kept switching pokemon with pokerus with some who didn't and the one that didn't have it got infected by the ones that did so every single one of my pokemon has pokerus.

Years
  • If Joy talked to you about it, one of your pokemon had it and then lost it. Check your pokes for a little smiley face.

I can't remember where I got my pokerus. Just battle wild pokemon or try to get one traded to you over wifi.

minh1022

Bleach Fan
    Years
  • Yeah. There's a really low chance that you can get pokerus from a wild pokemon. Some people with ARs just use the Pokerus hack...

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Get someone to trade you a pokemon with spreadable pokerus and and keep it in your team but once passed onto another put the first one into the box
    while in the box they dont lose the ability to spread it

Finneon

Pretty fishie
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure they can spread it while in the PC boxes..? I've got several pokemon in boxes with pokerus that I've never really taken out, in the same box with ones still spreadable I've infected purposefully, but I haven't paid enough attention to be sure how they got it.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
  • i caught a wild Roselia that had Poke'rus once, best thing that ever happened to me
    i do have AR, but its the first version, i dont know how to add new codes, and it didnt have the Poke'rus hack on it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    PoKeRuS

I've had Pokerus once without cheats cause I got no AR for the Nintendo DS.
    I was walking into the P.C and talking to Joy and as normal tapping the A button to skip the text and she started to mention something about Pokerus so I checked my party right away and I saw my Bibarel with Pokerus! and it spread to all my other Pokemon in my Party but not pc.
    I think it is Bibarel that gets it from Battling or some other Pokemon but I think it Bibarel that has a higher chance of getting it, oh yeah, and if you put a Pokemon with Pokerus in a pc it stays there forever! but if you leave it out for a few days it goes away :(.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • That's misleading information. Bibarel, nor any other Pokemon for that matter, does not have a higher chance of getting Pokerus. Getting Pokerus is a completely random, albeit, improbable event in Pokemon. I first came across it in the 2nd gen, and it's been pretty much the same ever since.

While a Pokemon infected with the Pokerus remains in your party, there is a chance that everytime you defeat a Pokemon (wild or a trainer's), the virus will spread to one or more of your other Pokemon. Eventually, (after a few days, maybe a week,) the Pokemon will "heal" itself naturally, then the Pokerus is lost.

If the infected Pokemon stays in the PC box, though, the Pokerus will not disappear. This way, you can preserve the Pokerus by storing an infected Pokemon in your box, then when your party Pokemon lose their Pokerus, you can infect them again by withdrawing the infected Pokemon from the PC. It's alright to recycle this method, but you should always have more than one Pokemon with Pokerus in the box at once if you want to make sure that it won't go away entirely.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • You must of had it at one point. Have you checked all your Pokemon?

I have never had it ever. On any of the Advance or DS games. I don't have good luck, I also have never had a shiny.

Where as my cousin finds shinys, and had PokeRus like he was finding Bidoof's. He is only nine as well so no PokeRader etc.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
  • I've had Pokerus once without cheats cause I got no AR for the Nintendo DS.
    I was walking into the P.C and talking to Joy and as normal tapping the A button to skip the text and she started to mention something about Pokerus so I checked my party right away and I saw my Bibarel with Pokerus! and it spread to all my other Pokemon in my Party but not pc.
    I think it is Bibarel that gets it from Battling or some other Pokemon but I think it Bibarel that has a higher chance of getting it, oh yeah, and if you put a Pokemon with Pokerus in a pc it stays there forever! but if you leave it out for a few days it goes away :(.

i have heard a lot of ppl say that Bidoof is the most common pkmn to catch with pokerus, but im not sure how true that actually is

someone also told me a lv. 100 pkmn with pokerus dies, is that true?

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • i have heard a lot of ppl say that Bidoof is the most common pkmn to catch with pokerus, but im not sure how true that actually is

It's not true. It's that simple. They probably say that Bidoof is the most common because he's THE MOST COMMON. You know, like Rattata was in Gen 1 and 2 and Zigzagoon in Gen 3.

someone also told me a lv. 100 pkmn with pokerus dies, is that true?

The creators of Pokemon have made it a point never to actually kill any Pokemon. (Except the ones that you find in the Pokemon Cemeteries in the game. It's probably their way of saying that Pokemon are not immortal.)

Level 100 Pokemon with Pokerus function the same way regular Pokemon do. You need better, more reliable sources that actually tell the truth.

Finneon

Pretty fishie
    Years
  • If you don't know, as s a note, when Pokerus isn't spreadable anymore, it gets a little yellowish circle tag on the lower right of the sprite, almost looks like a :| face (at least, to me), and loses the purple 'PokeRus' tag.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah I got that once, after going in the battle tower (I heard you could get PKRS and see shinies there) I almost felt like jumping the bed shouting WOOHOO! I HAVE PKRS! Until I checked and found out it was a Garchomp from the GTS trade that no longer had it...Grrr

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    PKRS: Got in Turnback Cave

I got a message from the Pokecentre woman after I had been in the Turnback Cave, about the pokerus.

Went on the web and found it was a good thing and now all my pokemon have it.

When you see the PKRS in purple the pokemon it is infectious (can pass it on), only in battle (even to eggs) NOT in PC. If you see a smily face the pokerus is no long spreadable, this happens after playing for 24hrs with pokemon or over midnight.

Can trade pokemon with pokerus if you want,

Alistair12

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • If you do get an infected Pokemon, never forget to spread the carriers and save them in the PC box.
    Makes EV training (made quick thanks to the new DP items) even quicker.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Ok you can't give a pokemon pokerus if it has a smily face:).
    It will get a smilly face after losing it's virus, and the only way to get it
    in gold and silver is by yanma

Last edited:

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
  • Some say that even when pokerus goes away and your pokemon become immune, the effects will still linger with the pokemon that became infected, but he will no longer be able to spread it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    In other words, if your pokemon had pokerus and lost it, the effect carrys on still it just does not spread anymore.

Last edited:
    Back