• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokesonic(A Fusion of Pokemon and Sonic)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2007
    Hiya. I thought that after seeing everyone's great sprite comics I thought that i would make one too. This story takes place in the Sinnoh region. All the Sonic the hedgehog characters get their first pokemon and start a Pokemon journey.It is updated every Saturday.I hope you enjoy it :DPokesonic(A Fusion of Pokemon and Sonic)Credit to Death Rogers for starting the idea

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Oh. My. Dear. God.
    First of all, get a real background, not just some random lines.
    Second, don't resize images, leave them how they are or go to image-stretch/skew, and stretch it by 200 on both sides.
    Third, get waaay better graphics, some badly drawn paint default colored bubbles don't cut it, go to the spriters-resource.com and get some graphics there. Also, the battle screen, there are some stuff there for that too, make sure you replace it.
    Fourth, always make sure your using SPRITES, for your battle setup the poke'balls on the side of the badly drawn screen are sugimori style. At least I think it's sugimori style, well, whatever it is, it's not a sprite.
    Fifth, Don't use cliche plots and overused jokes, the 'ole, 'I'm going to kill the author,' not only breaks the fourth wall, but it is extremely overused. And the idea of getting a first poke'mon and battling is cliche to the extreme.
    Also, work on your speech bubbles. You should use the rounded rectangle thingy, whatever they call it nowadays, instead of the line tool.
    Good. That's it for now.

(If you didn't understand any of that, I'll make it simple:
    Read a tutorial, work on your comics, and don't pay attention to the horrible critisizer that will say you suck. Just work on it.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2007
    Sorry Maelstrom.I was going to do that in the second comic.I was just starting and wanted to see what people think about it.so get ready for the second comic.The second one will be better.I promise.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • Wait, I started the idea?

I will rate it in sections:

Plot: 6/10 Decent idea.
    Graphics: 0/10 I'm sorry, but seeing had-drawn paint backgrounds made my eyes bleed.
    Quality: 1/10 It looks like you resised a lot of stuff. The borders weren't even straight. The only reason I give you that one point is because the Piplup and Chimchar sprites were not completely destroyed.
    Overall: 3/10

I'm not going to lie, this comic was really bad. But keep trying. I'm sure the next one will be better.

RockLuke

The Coolest Kid Out
    Years
  • Sorry to say this. But this was just terrible. At first I thought this was a joke! How could you seriously think this is good? Look please improove massively with your next one. The faults have been stated by other people so there is no point in me repeating what they said. Sorry buts its just bad.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • As stated before. Beware the criticism that says your bad.
    But don't be SORRY. Then again, don't act like you own us. You had a bad start, so what? I started out with a .jpeg comic that really had no plot, the maps were piled together badly, mixing of bittages and

BOOM!
    So, yes, we all have pretty horrible starts. But does it look like I've stopped comic making? Yes, actually it does. But nevertheless, I've stayed in this comic section for at least a year.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Um,the idea is simple,plot's not exciting(Water VS Fire),Piplup and ChimChar sprites are fine but sonic and tails' are not.(Esp:Tails)
    It looks like Tom from Tom and Jerry.

Hee,I was critisizing but I can't even make one lol

Back