• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke'Tropolis down, and replaced with Pokemon Kingdom!

Myuureon

*zoom*
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 20, 2006
    Well, me and Webmaster Tyler unmerged.With this, he stole my site name, and a few other things then threatened to sue me because he "claims" since he owns the domain name, he can steal my site name. Anyway, Pokemon Kingdom will be much better.It isn't up yet, but all of the content will be back up and running by tonight.The URL will be https://www.pokekingdom.net.tc Remember, all affiliates relink and change your button. Thanks!

~Myuureon

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • You layout is so cute but the links need to be CSSed. Why isn't the next staying inside the table either? You should also center it and give it a body background. Of course, you also need more content. Yadiyadayada.

Myuureon

*zoom*
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 20, 2006
    That is his new little site , not mine.As soon as i get the new site up and running, i'll tell ya.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • This is why I don't believe in sites merging,

People usually merge for the wrong reasons, and if the two don't fully get along this sort of thing happens.

I see a site merger as a celeb wedding. 75% fail, though 25% do make it ;P

Anyways, nice new site ^_~ and good luck

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
  • I never said i would sue you i said i could.
    and i never i took anything else. I only took the name because what the hell am i suppose to do with the domain and hosting?

Little Paul

Banned
    Years
  • XD that's so weird why don't you guys just keep poketropolis.net togethor and keep the site running, Tyler you should close pokemonhelp.net and merge it w/ poketropolis.net you and Myuureon can both run poketropolis.net and you guys would both have alot of content ;D

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I feel like typing up a full review so here I go!

Design and Accessibility

Well, I must say that my favorite is beige inferno. Everything repeats down really nicely. I just don?t understand the name beige inferno. Wouldn?t it be like? maroon or red inferno? Navy blue is nice, but you use too much purple-blue like #6370EB. I really don?t think it looks well on a webpage. Fractal Emerald (another name of which I do not understand) has issues on the navigation. The vertical tiling does not fit together? at all. You can tell where the seams are. On your content on Fractal Emerald, you have a black border on the left but not the right.

You?re organization could certainly use some work. All your affiliate buttons don?t match. Either: pick one size, or pick two sizes with differing heights and similar widths and center them like POTW. Also, get rid of the border on all of them. It looks really messy if they?re not all the same. Moving down, the network links need to be aligned left. You need your top sites to work. If they are down, get rid of them. For you Coming to USA and Coming to Japan, you should just make a ?Next? on bar and in bolded text say ?U.S.A.? and ?Japan? instead of having the Coming to space down. On your say box your rules are too spaced out. Don?t double space them.

Your content is laid out pretty nicely. I would suggest when you have images, align them to the left or right instead of just putting them in text. Wrap your text around them so it?s neater. On your card lists, use a table. Space them out neatly and add a nice border. Don?t over use the paragraph tag on things that aren?t paragraphs. Also, check for not working links on the navigation. Either de-link them or even remove them.

Content

You need to get your pokedex and pokenav up. You also need more game content. Someone should come to your site and see an abundance of game tips, lists, and guides. Also, watch out, some of your content links back to previous versions of your site. And don?t put under construction signs through out your website.

Coding

Well, let?s just say you have a lot to learn. I suggest reading through htmldog.com and paying attention to the structure of a website, because you have no doctype or anything. Your CSS also needs work.

https://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//www.pokekingdom.accidentgaming.com/index.php%3Fid%3DWebSite%2520Files/catch

https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A//www.pokekingdom.accidentgaming.com/index.php%3Fid%3DWebSite%2520Files/catch

For your navigation headers, why are you using tables? You can easily do it with DIV?s and CSS. You really need to relearn CSS too.

Got Good Grammar?

?4.Your site must contain really good grammar.? Didn?t your teacher tell you never say ?good??

Bottom Line

Pro: Decent (almost) table-less design, fair amount of content

Cons: Invalid (and horribly done) HTML and CSS, unorganized content

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
  • Sorry if this is spam but my Site is called The Pokemon Kingdom so I don't mind that you have that sorry for the spam :D

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • WebmasterTyler said:
    Sorry i didnt post that my cousin did

Just like my dog ate my homework XD

--------

And good luck with your site myu :3 dunno why you guys disbanded (I have a good idea ;p though)

I am actually glad this happened =)

AcCiDeNT

Years
  • Yeah, well, Myuu the site is fine... don't listen to the person who wrote that whole tutorial... XD... if the html works, in my opinion, then it's fine, it don't have to be perfectly valid... That's what the browsers have the other crap for :P

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Uh, Accident, part of becoming a good webbie is learning to take other people's advice and criticisms and applying it to better yourself.

And validation is good. >>
    And no, PSB, my English teacher told me to only use good when it is used as an adjective. XD

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • AcCiDeNT said:
    Yeah, well, Myuu the site is fine... don't listen to the person who wrote that whole tutorial... XD... if the html works, in my opinion, then it's fine, it don't have to be perfectly valid... That's what the browsers have the other crap for :P

Stop contradicting me. I know what I am doing. I ran a respectable pokemon fan site for three years and now am working on being a profesional web developer. I have been doing this for nearly seven-eight years now. Where do you come off telling people to not listen to my advice? I didn't bash their site. I gave them constructive criticism. In fact, you should have listened to it on your thread.

AcCiDeNT

Years
  • My site's fine... Most of the errors are from the ads... XD, and wow, you've been a webmaster or doing web design for 7-8 years... I've seen people that do it for like 10 and don't know crap... Not saying that you don't know crap, you obviously do, but why have valid html when it works fine? Just my opinion, as I said in a earlier post... MY OPINION... I think the site is fine, it don't need to be perfect... We aren't trying to be microsoft here... It's a fan site, if you want to go and make a perfectly professional site then go ahead... But let people code the way they want, and how much free time do you have? That was a long tutorial XD, The site is coming along nicely Myuureon, but I don't like the ads and pop ups... XD, but I guess it comes with the domain thing... Good luck with it...

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • AcCiDeNT said:
    My site's fine... Most of the errors are from the ads... XD, and wow, you've been a webmaster or doing web design for 7-8 years... I've seen people that do it for like 10 and don't know crap... Not saying that you don't know crap, you obviously do, but why have valid html when it works fine? Just my opinion, as I said in a earlier post... MY OPINION... I think the site is fine, it don't need to be perfect... We aren't trying to be microsoft here... It's a fan site, if you want to go and make a perfectly professional site then go ahead... But let people code the way they want, and how much free time do you have? That was a long tutorial XD, The site is coming along nicely Myuureon, but I don't like the ads and pop ups... XD, but I guess it comes with the domain thing... Good luck with it...

To avoid flame war, I am going to IM you via AIM to finish this conversation.

Back