• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeworld (MMOG) Needs Help.

yamhamdan

For info on fake games...
Years
  • Screen Name:yamhamdan

Job: Images (Sprites of trainers, pokemon etc. from GBA)

Qualifications: Good Hacker can use many hack tools

Samples: upload wont work, soz!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2009
    I do honestly not what you want me to post, however I prefer to make everything as clean as possible

Code:
    if (someValue == 1) 
    someValue = someValue + 1;

This best demonstrates my style. I prefer to write everything out long hand for readability. I prefer not use curly braces for short statements, however I prefer them to have there own line when the statements are lengthy such as in:

Code:
    if (someValue == 1) 
    {
    //Sorry, tabbing is like impossible in this chat box. I can assure
    //you I do tab things as well as I can though. I like to document
    //my variables, what they and whatnot. However, I typically do
    //not get around to commenting my actual code all the time.
    }

Any other tests you'd like? Also, if you were just testing how many parenthesis to make sure each had a correct amount I'd just use the following code:

Code:
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;

namespace Console
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {

string data = "()";
                int leftParenthisCount = 0;
                int rightParenthisCount = 0;

foreach (char c in data)
                {
                    if (c.ToString() == "(")
                        leftParenthisCount = leftParenthisCount + 1;
                    if (c.ToString() == ")")
                        rightParenthisCount = rightParenthisCount + 1;
                }

if (rightParenthisCount == leftParenthisCount)
                {
                    System.Console.WriteLine("This is a valid amount of parenthesis");
                    System.Console.Read();
                }

}
        }
    }

I'm not sure if I got what you wanted correctly or not though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Hmm well you almost got it. It doesn't quite work.

In the case of your method say we had two ( and two ).

"(())"
    and
    "()()"
    are correct however you run into problems when you encounter something like this
    ")()("
    This has an equal number of ('s and )'s but they clearly are not closing each other correctly.

Perhaps I should be more clear on the goal. Suppose you have a mathematical expression. And it has lots of garble and some parentheses "(x + 5)(5 + 3((x + 1) / (x -1)))" Your goal is to determine if there are any problems with the parentheses. For the sake of simplicity assume that all the math is stripped out so the above expression leaves you with "()((()()))". Make your program take an input like that "()()()(()()(()()))" etc. And check if the parentheses open and close each other properly so that there are no parentheses left unclosed or any other problems like stray )' exist.

Your style looks fine, no tabbing issues and whatnot. I'd like to see if you can complete this, because its a rather simple problem that requires some thought so it should show your ingenuity, or your ability to use google which I hope is not the case.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2009
    Do you have an IM of some sort you use? I'd like to complete this challenge and contact you promptly.

Double post, I'm sorry. I've completed your challenge though. It did not take too long. The project can be found here:

mediafire.com/download.php?jzatjvmmzgk

//Thank you,
    //Cataclysm

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Everything looks fine, you made a great attempt, however this problem is deceptively hard. I had it at a programming competition a while back and failed miserably. Your method returns false positives. Which is ok, because it still shows that you tried to think about the solution. In the case of the parentheses you would have to have something like this

Code:
    string input; //Get the input here 
    int OpenCount;

foreach (char c in input)
    {
          if (c == '(')
          {
                 OpenCount++;
          }
          else if (c == ')')
          {
                 OpenCount--;
                 if (OpenCount < 0)
                 {
                       //We have a problem, there was no opening brace to match this one
                       return false;
                 }
          }
          else
          {
                 //This isn't a parentheses!!!
                 return false;
          }
    }
    if (OpenCount > 0)
    {
            //There are some unclosed open parentheses
            return false; 
    }
    return true;
    *Note: I didn't compile this i just wrote it write into the forum...

Its ok you didn't get it write, but it shows you can think. I'm trying to finish up the editor so if you could help write the editor for the Paperdoll parts it would be great. I'll send you the source in a couple days as well as a couple paragraphs on what it is and what needs to be done.

Also I have GTalk, Tocs1001 is my username.

Yamhamdan: I need to see something, try useing http://imageshack.us/

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Only 2 more things on the list for the editor's completion! I can smell it, it is so close. Unfortunately my Desktop bit the dust this week. It won't boot I think the motherboard fried... Not sure, I'll have to examine this weekend...

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Ha =) Power to braces on a new line! It makes the code alot easier to glance over and zero in on where a specific piece of logic is.

Good news. I'm putting the final touches on the world editor. Mainly exporting and fixing up a few more things with overworld editing. I sped up the rendering in the editor so when you edit an overworld it doesnt take forever and a day. As a result it uses alot more memory so be sure to have a spare gig or so when you go to edit large things. It backbuffers the tile renderings which reduces the number of rendering calls exponentially. But as a result it has to store those images in memory.

For the most part editing overworlds is seamless I'm working out the kinks for when you switch local tilesets and cross borders. Heres what the new format does for us.

Overworlds can have one global tileset. This allows common tiles to be used anywhere on the overworld. Same for objects. Each individual plane in the overworld can have a local tileset and local object set which can only be used in that plane. This will prevent common objects from being loaded into memory multiple times in overworlds. eliminating some nasty memory usage while ingame.

Expect the editor by the end of this week.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Double post again D:< you guys need to keep posting in my thread lol.

Good news today I finished support for overworlds inside the editor. You can now edit an entire overworld seamlessly and laglessly.

Behold my crummy map that I made in 5 minutes! Pay more attention to the editor itself.

OveworldEdit.png

Theres some interface to be desired that I'm not going to get to in this version I want to get moving on the game itself. This including the auto-tiles. They are not available right now.

I've got some finishing touches to put on it, plus file io, and some bugs to hunt down. And it will come out, in the next day or so. I'm going to redo my first page post to accommodate the new editor with screenshots. I'm going to see who here is active and wants help and were going to get this game rolling.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • You've done some really great work on this project. I am not to familiar with it just yet, I need to read over the thread, but it looks like you have a good amount of progress done. Good job.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Thankyou, I try to work on it in my sparetime, although school and band consume most of that... I hope to push for public beta in late May.

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    great job!

great job, I know im not helping much recently... but I still support your work!
    and all is just great!

ScaldingHotSoup

/\Guess the name reference!/\
    Years
  • Alright... the wiki is up. Everyone can look, but I'd prefer that only the people with a direct connection to the project edit right now. It's a developmental wiki and not intended to be a reference manual... more like a checklist for tocs, me, and whoever else is working to cross things off on.

*edit* link is in my sig.

Last edited:

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    Tocs has been busy, but don't worry, he's still working on it. =P

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Hey Guys...

By now you probably think I'm dead.

I had a little flash drive issue which kinda set me back a little one of the school computers totally surged my flashdrive so I lost a bit of work. And then graduation set in and end of year school stuff so it all kinda slammed on top of me. Enough Rambling.

I'll post some screenshots when I'm ready but I'll list some of what I've done since you've last seen anything.

1) Loggin in. - You can now create accounts for the game and your progress is saved to the account.

2) Finished Map Format - Animation in objects and tiles is now supported as well as an upgraded poketile method to allow better control for map makers.

3)Updated Pokemon Format - The last version of pokemon files was missing some important information and lacked inventory sprites.

4) A whole new tileset - I'm using one of Alistairs newer tilesets with a few tiles of my own to produce a nice look as compared to that last pukified one.

5) NPCs - There are now NPC's in the game. I have to improve their scripting to allow movement but you can chat to them!

6) New Battle Screen - The previous battlescreen was FUGLY. I have a new nicer custom screen with some animation for when pokemon come and go from pokeballs. When you throw a pokeball and that little *crunch* animation for when their hit by an attack.

7) Sound - Its no longer silent in pokeworld. I'm still putting some touches on the music engine for map designer control. But we have some custom written music by ScaldingHotSoup including an amazing titlescreen work.

8) A new Sidebar - You can manage and see your party outside of battle now. Soon you'll be able to access your bag and even have a friends list.

What I lost.

I lost boxes. I had the interface coded and I was halfway through networking it and bam it disappeared so I hardly see the point in releasing a beta where you can only have 6 pokemon ...

I lost EXP for a brief few days it was actually possible to advance your pokemon's levels but sadly this was lost and has to be redone.

Animations for the battle screen were also lost however i have almost competely recompleted these.

Anyway, its summer now! So I'll have some time to work on it. I just have to get into gear. I also have adopted another project for the XBox 360 which will come out on the Community Games.

You'll be able to play before the summers out I just gotta finish some stuff up, sorry for the dissapointment but I had scads of other important things to finish up before the end of my senior year at highschool.

yamhamdan

For info on fake games...
    Years
  • Screen Name:yamhamdan

Job:trainer sprites/ pokemon sprites e.g. edit positions, fakemon, recolours, mapping

Qualifications:making hack, good ict skills, i can use capital letters...

Samples:n/a- as my comp is messed up and my files are lost, srry

Tocs: I need to see something said:
    http://imageshack.us/[/URL]
    I don't use imageshack, why don't you pm me an idea or concept art and i'll make it and you can see it. i'll pm my work back. and it saves signing up.

Last edited:
    Back