• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poll on shiny collecting in D/P

Do you collect shinies on D/P?

• Very determined shiny collector

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Casual collector

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Ris

Wee.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I don't really care, I've never actually tried to go out and go shiny-hunting seriously anyway. I usually ending up getting bored by the 30-35 chain or so, and no shiny grasses. x_x

If I wasn't so impatient I could do so.

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
    Sniny Pokemons seem to hate me for some reason >_<

However, aside from the fact that I resent that a little, I don't like hunting for them at all. I like Pokemon with good IVs and it is annoying that shiny Pokemon end up being a bad nature, or having low internal values. I have a few friends with enough luck to get some shinies without the pokeradar though.

The last time I fought a wild one was on Gold, a shiny bellsprout which for some reason I didn't caught. But really, each of my friends have catched at least one or two shinies, I'm just too lazy for the pokeradar (but not enough to stop me from breeding for ages xD).

Kojima

Pokemon Of The Month Above
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2008
    I tend to collect them in my free time. But because school is back, shiny hunting will be left aside for awhile.

I don't think Pokerader is useful. I've used it over 100 times and no luck - just some common Pokemon. I have seen more shinies with luck then Pokerader.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
    I have over 30 Shinys...all of them off of the internet. I consider myself a casual Shiny trainer, though. (I've seen people here on PC with like 500+ shinys!!! Now that's crazy!)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    well, before yesterday I've always desperately tried (and failed) to chain for a shiny... (All my shinies have been either from trades, or on ROMs)

yesterday afternoon, at approximately 3:45pm all that hard work paid of.

I had found a Shiny Cubone! <3

and guess what. It had a JOLLY Nature. (NOW do you think I crazy, Hana-chan? :p)

~~~~~

That really boosts my confidence. Now I am training a Gallade SPECIFICALLY for Shiny hunting.

I am now OFFICIALLY a Shiny Hunter! <3

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    It certainly does take a while to find your first shiny (using the chaining method) but once you've found one, it's such a boost of confindence, you just want to do it over and over again. I remember my first shiny was a Doduo. It was probably my 10th attempt at chaining. I was so happy, I was litteraly laughing while sitting there on my couch xD

But alas, I've become tired of shiny hunting. I find it's just a waste of time now. The shinies aren't worth it. At least not to me, anyways.

Though I still do hunt for them sometimes. Mostly to no success, seeing as I get bored after about 10 Pokemon ^^;

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I'd say I'm very into it, just look at my sig. If you think that's mad, then check out some shiny hunters on Youtube they have broken over 100 when I've just gotten about 70...

Back