• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Has the Grosser Block got to have so small Maximum size? Like, if you want to copy the whole map, it reduces. Make the maximum size bigger.
    Importance: 6

Years
    maybe somhing to edit tiles easily?
    you know, without all the annoyingneed to edit the hex and... yeah...
    importance:i guess a 5/10

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    maybe somhing to edit tiles easily?
    you know, without all the annoyingneed to edit the hex and... yeah...
    importance:i guess a 5/10

You don't need to edit the Hex... Unless you add completely new tilesets, there is little trouble in this.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    What: enchanted tile selector
    What it does: in the Tile/block editor, right? You tick the y or x and you select some multiple blocks and they ARE x or y. The A-map now doesn't have that.
    Importance: 3/10

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    What: enchanted tile selector
    What it does: in the Tile/block editor, right? You tick the y or x and you select some multiple blocks and they ARE x or y. The A-map now doesn't have that.
    Importance: 3/10

Hi, sorry i do not understand what you mean exactly.
    can you describe it more, perhaps with a picture?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I got another one.

The Jigsaw Editor
    What it does. Opens up a window, where you are able to drag riles from the tile pallet and add them to the area in any order, allowing you to build a "Stamp" one tile at a time. (Like a more advanced Grosser Block, allowing you to arrange the blocks in the "Grosser Block".

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I know what ~Funhouse~ means. He means when you use the X or Y flip in the tile editing part, if you could make it so if you drag to select more tiles, whether they all could be flipped, as they are just normal currently.

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    yeah, im a noob

did previous versions have a signpost text editor? an easier warp editor too... so you can drag and drop to the warp destination

I couldnt use the ones after 1.82, or whatever, because i couldnt understand it, everything said a number then 'menue'. thats probably cuz i didnt put the right files in the ini folder. i love advance map though, makes more sense than most other editors ive used, and making a new map isnt very noob friendly, anyone know where i can get instructions?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    did previous versions have a signpost text editor? an easier warp editor too... so you can drag and drop to the warp destination

I couldnt use the ones after 1.82, or whatever, because i couldnt understand it, everything said a number then 'menue'. thats probably cuz i didnt put the right files in the ini folder. i love advance map though, makes more sense than most other editors ive used, and making a new map isnt very noob friendly, anyone know where i can get instructions?

no, such a function is not in in the moment.
    the "simple text" thing i have think of allready.
    but, waht do you mean with "drag and drop to the warp destination"???

this "menue" thing occure if the English.ini ist not in Ini/Sprachen/ subdirectory, so it cannot find what it should show...
    extract the zip fille with all directories correctly, and it would work.

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    May'be an option to edit the scripts in the rom that your hacking?
    or even a built in one with the ability to make them?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    What: Much more roms included (Zelda Minish Cap to be first support.)
    Description: Being able to open and edit much more roms such as Zelda games etc.
    Importance: 2 //(1-10, 1=Very Important, 10=nice to have)

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    What: Much more roms included (Zelda Minish Cap to be first support.)
    Description: Being able to open and edit much more roms such as Zelda games etc.
    Importance: 2 //(1-10, 1=Very Important, 10=nice to have)

sorry NO chance!
    AM is a Hacking toll for the Pokemon games.
    and it would not make sense to include the logic of different games in on Programm.

and also there is no definition for mapdate of these games available.

greetz LU-HO

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    uh well you should make it so the block editor says what the blocks really do in fr because some say things that don't have any thing to do with what the byte really does

ie: behavior byte 6C says:
    Warp to emerge from water => Hero is surfing

when really it is:
    press left to go up stairs

this could save people time when they want to know what the byte does, and don't want to search through many blocks to find what they want

voltachu

in training pokemon hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    what= a script maker or something along those lines for scripting trainers and events and produce the codes for you for people who can't script.
    description= good for people who can't script
    importance=2

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    what= a script maker or something along those lines for scripting trainers and events and produce the codes for you for people who can't script.
    importance=2

Advance Map is a Map editor, not a script maker... if you want a script, learn to script! (Anyone can, and it is easy, like school, Math, and Language, but with more Pokemon!)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    importance=2

I'm pretty sure there already is a tool that auto-produces scripts for those who are too lazy to learn to script. It got flamed pretty badly, but it's still there.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    uh well you should make it so the block editor says what the blocks really do in fr because some say things that don't have any thing to do with what the byte really does

ie: behavior byte 6C says:
    Warp to emerge from water => Hero is surfing

when really it is:
    press left to go up stairs

this could save people time when they want to know what the byte does, and don't want to search through many blocks to find what they want

Hi

The "description" of these blocks send some users to me, and i insert them.
    if you want correct what they do really, you can send me an corrected list and i will insert it!
    Greetz LU-HO

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    what: description of what palates are being selected instead of just numbers
    what:ability to open d/p/p?

Years
    What: GBC Compatibility
    Description: Make Advance Map compatible with R/B/G/Y & G/S/C. It will be great to have Gold Map and Advance Map together.
    Importance: -1=Super Important

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back