• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Portable Hacks, hack your portable system

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
  • I read the rules and requirements and I did not see a rule the requires the site to be about pokemon so here is the site I made.
    https://www.portablehacks.webs.com
    So far I made everything by myself banners wallpaper content ect.
    If you have any comments of suggestions I am all ears I will greatly appreciate it :D

Ive even made a youtube promotion video It has 123 hits check it out
    NOTE NDS-ROMS.COM HAS BEEN CLOSED

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • If you're just beginning, Freewebs is alright, but it's seen EVERYWHERE. If you want to get big, learn how to develop with HTML. Your spelling could use some touching up on too. Try pasting your news in Microsoft Word for spell check before uploading it.

Your information is also pretty pointless as it doesn't really instruct how to do anything.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • thanks and I am using HTML mode with freewebs I only use freewebs for web hosting

WOW I saw a 20% increase in traffic from viewers that viewed the site using the link I made this is rele good free site promotion better than google and yahoo combined GO PC

Update added a forum not giving the link for that would be breaking the rules but you can get to it from the home page

Last edited by a moderator:

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
  • :Palmface.

Your logo is cropped horribly
    You don't put keywords below your title, you put them in your meta
    Did you actually make this in HTML and CSS?
    Don't use retarded widgets.
    Use proper english.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Layout
    You've had to explain multiple times that it is coded by your own HTML, rather than a sitebuilder. This should be ringing alarm bells: even if you did code it yourself, it looks like it was made by a sitebuilder. In short, it looks very generic. This is a problem: a redesign may be in order here.

As for the quality of the layout, the navigation is a bit confused. That menu bar along the top goes into two lines at points (like on the PSP page), and that does not look appealing. Occasionally websites can get away with having uncategorised navigation like that, but yours, unfortunately, cannot.

You do need a better banner, I'm afraid. It's OK that you can't make banners yourself - get someone else to make them. Head on over to the Graphics and Photography section of the Art Gallery, and there'll be numerous "shops" (you don't really have to pay) to help you out.

That being said, the colours are clear (there's no difficulty in reading anything), and do complement each other.

Atmosphere
    The site does have numerous grammatical errors which do detract heavily from the atmosphere. And there are some very intrusive ones, like the excessive capitalisation in "Chose The System You want to Hack and Start Hacking Easy and Fun." Not to mention that it should be "Choose" rather than "Chose", and there should be some form of punctuation after "Hacking" (which should be "hacking"). And this is just on the front page, the page where people get their first impression.

You do not have your own unique writing style, either. This is difficult to develop and takes time, but with a site this small, your writing needs to have personality. The writing style doesn't repel readers, but it doesn't hook them in, either.

Originality
    The site is not original. People might come across your site with Google when searching for these downloads, and they'll come and go, because you have no original content to keep them there. Essentially, unless you add some more original content with regards to hacking, your visitor loyalty rate will probably not be very high at all.

Informative Content
    Your site is focused on hacking, but the tutorials page requires me to sign in. As I only include readily viewable content in my reviews as a policy (unless there is legitimate cause for a sign-up system, like with a trading site) the rest of your site looks bleak. You do give information as to a number of downloads, but like I've noted, without original (and readily available) content, people will come to your site for that and will only bother checking back when they need something more to download.

Open up your tutorials page, and make sure you have some juicy material there for people to read.

Interactive Content (not applicable)

Creative Content (not applicable)

Overall

Overall, your biggest problem will be visitor loyalty, unless you open up the tutorials section and make sure it's full of juicy, useful information for visitors. Cleaning up your navigation is priority number two: a two-column (or even three-column) layout would work far better here, as it would make pages easier to access.

Last edited:
    Back