• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] porting scripting commands from EM to FR?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Is it possible to port a script command that only exists in EM to FR? I've gone as far as repointing the commands table (0x15F9B4) and added an entry (command 0xD6) that is a pointer to my fadescreen3 routine. I tested it and it did nothing ingame, so I'm thinking there is a limiter or a routine that does not recognize 0xD6. I also tried replacing the fadescreen pointer to my routine just for further testing- it allowed the script to continue running but again, did nothing.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Is it possible to port a script command that only exists in EM to FR? I've gone as far as repointing the commands table (0x15F9B4) and added an entry (command 0xD6) that is a pointer to my fadescreen3 routine. I tested it and it did nothing ingame, so I'm thinking there is a limiter or a routine that does not recognize 0xD6. I also tried replacing the fadescreen pointer to my routine just for further testing- it allowed the script to continue running but again, did nothing.

There are multiple limiters. They basically are just a pointer to the last command in the script command table. You'd have to change the pointers at 08069AA0, 08069B20, 08069B7C to point to a nop at end of your repointed table (they currently point to 0815FD08).

Back