• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Porting the FireRed Phys/Spec Split to V1.1

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    Is there any information available about how to manually apply the Phys/Spec Split to FireRed rather than using DoesntKnowHowToPlay's patch, or alternatively is there any information on how to port said patch to FireRed V1.1? I've tried porting it myself by comparing the hex differences between a clean V1.0 FR and one with the patch applied, and then making those same changes to FR V1.1 at the correct offsets for that version, but that just results in the game freezing up after a battle is entered and the battle menu pops up. I'm far from being an experienced hacker so I don't know how I could fix that problem myself, but if a tutorial exists on how to manually implement the Phys/Spec split I could hopefully follow through it while just changing the offsets to match FR V1.1, or of course it'd be even better if a tutorial exists on how to apply the split on FR V1.1 already! Thanks in advance for any help.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    How come you want to use 1.1 if you have 1.0 available?

Because I want to store a vanilla V1.1 ROM for if I ever want to have the vanilla experience, while also storing patches along with it for if I want an updated experience, and I don't want to have to store multiple ROMs. Plus I only have a V1.1 cartridge available myself, so I had to use other methods to aquire a V1.0 ROM, and I'd rather use my own ROM that I dumped myself. My reasons shouldn't really be important at all though, I'd just like to know if there's any information available about it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I asked just for context. Since it seemed like an unusual request.

I think there's a tutorial on adding the PSS from scratch somewhere.
    If you can find the offsets in 1.1 that correspond to the ones of 1.0 you should be able to apply it without that tool

Back