• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Position on cannabis

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
  • Yea, we're gonna discuss marijuana and the laws involved with it today. THIS IS NOT AN LEGAL VS ILLEGAL DEBATE.

First off, I find it an utter joke to convict someone with possession of marijuana period. I don't necessarily think it should be fully "legalized" to where you can distribute it as a dealer but it shouldn't be "illegal" either and it should in NO WAY be a CRIME. If we decriminalized marijuana our debt ceiling deficit would drop cause we're no longer blowing money on the "war on drugs" and incarcerating innocent people and spending millions upon millions if not billions on court dates and everything. It would also put a lot of criminal gangs out of business as well, which is a good thing.

Marijuana isn't illegal because the government propaganda say's its harmful and addictive. Yea we all know the government is blowing smoke out their asses. It's illegal because it's the biggest money maker for the prison system. The prison system is nothing but a business. I mean think about it, having up to 2 grams (even .1 of a gram) could land you 90 days in prison AND or up to a $1500 fine and not to mention all the innocent so called "criminals" locked up for having weed. Then the charges elevate upon every group of quantities. For real? How is that not an obvious reasoning to why they haven't legalized it? You spend $20 on a gram of high quality bud and if caught the law turns around and arrests and you could face criminal charges. Why tho? You didn't commit a crime, all you did was smoke marijuana or had possession of marijuana. How can someone even classify this is a crime? MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, that's all it comes down to.

Should marijuana be classified as a crime? Should those arrested with possession be faced criminal charges or should they just get a ticket if anything? Personally, I think as long as the user isn't harming anyone or causing problems in public or distributing it in super high quantities then they should let the person be. So what's your guy's opinions on marijuana and the laws involved with it? GO!

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I read this as "Position on Cannibals" and was like 0_o. I should stop reading threads...on my way to white castle. :P

My question how are we going to discuss the "laws" around pot without going into a legal vs illegal debate when you clearly ask "Should marijuana be classified as a crime?"

Anyway, it is harmful for you that's a fact, but only in the sense that your lungs weren't made to inhale smoke. Everything else, the brain cells dying, the higher cancer rate, have been disproved.
    I don't think it should be a crime, and the rate things are going it won't be in a lot of states. Look at Colorado, man it must suck to have been arrested for it and the have it made legal with you still in jail....

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • My question how are we going to discuss the "laws" around pot without going into a legal vs illegal debate when you clearly ask "Should marijuana be classified as a crime?"

Was trying to focus on the laws involved with it more rather than the debate to whether it should be legalized or illegalized along with a lot of details.

Anyway, it is harmful for you that's a fact, but only in the sense that your lungs weren't made to inhale smoke.

Yep, and marijuana as an edible makes it non lethal in every way. You're not inhaling smoke, your eating it in foods. God I love firecrackers.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • The only reason brain cells die is by lacing or holding your breath for more than 7 seconds.

I find it funny when people think their gonna get higher if they hold the smoke in. The effects of THC hits you within a matter of split seconds. But with some strains you gotta be careful tho cause they can creep up on you after 10 minutes of smoking. Hold it in for a few seconds and let it out, no need to get all stupid with it. All their doing is building up tar on their lungs and you feel higher due to the lack of oxygen to he brain. I know too much about marijuana, a true stoner knows everything.

Wait, why are we going off topic? **** it, let's just make this a marijuana debate.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Yeah. No need to hold it in long but long enough to not waste. Like the quicky noobs do sometimes. Or the prissy douche who says a green hit is stale -_-

I speak cannabis on jan6 til then. Happy gaming ans eating.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Cannabis is great. I love that stuff. It helped a lot with my anxiety and OCD issues when I was using the stuff. The best part was literally waking up at 6:30 every morning actually feeling ready to take on the day. I toked late at night so yeah. But seriously. Fantastic stuff.

Dude, I can't stand people who smoke dope and have no standards though. Like people who toke in front of their kids or try to lace it in food and lie to people and stuff like that. Giving good tokers a bad name with crap like that.

I ****ing hate buying it though. Most dealers are pretty dumb or aggressive so it's kind of a chore. Also, driving with dank hidden in your vehicle makes you uber paranoid, because the cops can be dicks. So I drive perfectly. Works for me. Lol, once my dealer asked me if I wanted to toke before I left, I have a huge moral standing against impaired driving so I kindly declined, besides, driving high as **** with even a g isn't a good idea.

I haven't had good weed in freaking 6 months. Dry as a desert over here :C but I'm getting drug tested for my new job in a couple of weeks so maybe it's a good thing

P.S. I think OP was high when making this because the topic really doesn't seem to make any sense without legality questions since uh... talking about getting stoned doesn't really net for much discussion other than "dude check out my bong" AND THERE ARE SITES FOR THAT.

EDIT: I just glanced over some of these posts and some of you sound glazed as a doughnut

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I agree with the OP. I've never done marijuana, but the foremost reason why it has been criminalized in the US is the pharmaceutical industry. At least, that's what my dad says and he was the head international lawyer for GSK for a long time. It has such notable properties as a relaxant that Big Pharma fears it presents a threatening alternative to many conventional treatments. It also has many industrial uses as hemp, for which the plastics industry lobbied to have it banned early in the 20th century.

Large financial institutions like JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup also benefit from the illegal drug trade by laundering drug money. HSBC and Citigroup recently settled investigations about drug-related money laundering by paying 9 billion or so. Funny, none of the bankers involved ever seem to spend a day in jail.....

And lastly, as the OP mentioned there is a private prison system that in many instances benefits from maximum sentences, at the expense of US taxpayers.

Decriminilazing would probably end drug-related violence in a similar manner to the lifting of the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920's....it could also be taxed to make up for all the wasted money flushed down the drain during the "War on Drugs".

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • Cannabis is great. I love that stuff. It helped a lot with my anxiety and OCD issues when I was using the stuff. The best part was literally waking up at 6:30 every morning actually feeling ready to take on the day. I toked late at night so yeah. But seriously. Fantastic stuff.

Weed get's my vote too. Marijuana helps with my anxiety as well. Actually, come to think of it, I don't even notice my anxiety anymore. I'm also the same way with waking up in the morning refreshed and ready to take the day on. If I don't smoke before I go to bed I'll wake up like a zombie and just don't wanna do anything so I gotta overload myself with caffeine to get going. If I smoke before I go to bed, no matter the time I fall asleep and wake up I feel like I just got out of my hibernation lol.

Dude, I can't stand people who smoke dope and have no standards though. Like people who toke in front of their kids or try to lace it in food and lie to people and stuff like that. Giving good tokers a bad name with crap like that.

Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes. Also those people that have no intent of doing nothing with their life but smoking weed. Like dude, seriously, get your priories strait, quit toking 24/7 and try to find a job and do something with your life and do something that's gonna benefit your life or your families.

I haven't had good weed in freaking 6 months. Dry as a desert over here :C but I'm getting drug tested for my new job in a couple of weeks so maybe it's a good thing

Damn that sucks, I feel sorry for you. My dudes always got bud on deck, there's no such thing as a drought. His exact words was, "If you or anyone you know ever needs anything, call me, This niqqa don't sleep." He's may be a hustler but he's very respectful and makes sure I'm doing good and all that. Best dealer I've ever had, and probably the best I'll ever have and he's quite the character. Funniest and chillest dude I know.

P.S. I think OP was high when making this because the topic really doesn't seem to make any sense without legality questions since uh... talking about getting stoned doesn't really net for much discussion other than "dude check out my bong" AND THERE ARE SITES FOR THAT.

Grasscity.....

But na, it's not a marijuana gathering or nothing lol. Yea I may mislead others when I'm high so sorry for the confusion, the thread was intended to discuss the laws on cannabis not what it's turned into haha.

But I like where this is going, so far no one thinks marijuana should be a crime. :cool:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I don't think we should tell the kiddies where the weed sites are

Honestly most of the people I live near here are kind of douchey when they toke, there's only two people I like toking with these days. One guy, we'll be in the woods and we'll get just ****ed up as all hell and we'll be like, "dude... I think that deer... it wants to talk to us." And the other guy is blind and we talk about philosophy and stuff while walking in the woods and listening to the birds.

I love toking by myself though. I know, most people think it's a social activity but I'm not a particularly social person. I love being able to just relax and listen to the birds. I used to get so messed up that I would turn the pipe upside down and the remaining weed would fall in my lap (I'm a bit of a lightweight), and I would her the birds flitting around in the trees and it was just the most therapeutic thing. Helped me a lot through the ******** that was my last job. Other times I would watch space videos, or play video games (Oh my god Sonic Adventure IS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER) or sometimes just feel soft things (I have an extensive stuffed animal collection). Maaaaan I miss the stuff. I would light up right now but a) no money b) dry as a bucket c) getting tested.

Dude why does like every ****ing job in the US test for weed? Like wtf does software development or cashiering or whatever have to do with getting high like a week ago? Jeez. I can understand testing after an accident but dude, not cool.

Speaking of which, people who toke on their break. URGH. I hate that! Like I said I have standards, and you show respect to your job when you're at work! Jeez. How hard is that?

Wait, why is this illegal again?

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • I love toking by myself though. I know, most people think it's a social activity but I'm not a particularly social person.

I'm high by myself, I just rolled up/ Along with my thoughts that ain't thinkin bout much/ Don't call a ***** cause I wont pick up/ I'm high by myself, just me and my dutch/

I had to do it.

Maaaaan I miss the stuff. I would light up right now but a) no money b) dry as a bucket c) getting tested.

That's a bummer. I wish I could help you, but it would strait level you. All I smoke is name strains, I don't even know where to get anything else lol.

Dude why does like every ****ing job in the US test for weed? Like wtf does software development or cashiering or whatever have to do with getting high like a week ago? Jeez. I can understand testing after an accident but dude, not cool.

Cause their "drug free zones" but their also forgetting marijuana is a herb! Just buy a detox and drink it a couple hours before your test, it doesn't clean your system but it masks the THC for a few hours. That's where people get "cleaning your system with detox" mixed up.

Speaking of which, people who toke on their break. URGH. I hate that! Like I said I have standards, and you show respect to your job when you're at work! Jeez. How hard is that?

I work in a 3M warehouse and I'm required to operate machinery (fork lifts and tuggers) which I wouldn't feel safe doing so I just wait til I get off to smoke and relax. Jobs like retail and fast food I'd probably go into work lifted but definitely wouldn't smoke some fire weed before I go into the warehouse, especially some sativa. I'd be zoning for sho.

Wait, why is this illegal again?
    Cause this country is filled with dumbass government officials that like spending taxpayers money to incarcerate someone for smoking a plant rather than looking for the real criminals. Yea, I think that sounds right.

Last edited:

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • lol this thread

Oh, handling machinery. That I can get at least. Like, transportation and machinery, that makes sense. Smoking dope before doing anything like that is just asking for trouble. Also, I absolutely hate it when people toke and drive, that ****'s dangerous! I know some people will advocate for it but one time I had to drive home in those conditions, and even though it was only a mile, it was the worst mile ever. Never again. :(

I'm thinking about moving to Ferndale (I live in Michigan) eventually since it's legal to own up to an ounce, although I'm pretty sure work will still test me regardless. Oh well. Like I said I'm a lightweight so it passes pretty quickly. It's the dreaded hair test I'm wary of. Hair tests are ridiculous! They should make them illegal. And since I'm a girl I can't just shave my head or anything stupid like that.

On a more discussion based note, I absolutely loathe how this country treats drugs in general. Lock them up? Well, if they're addicted to something don't you think they should go into rehab?

Although I don't know ANYONE who was addicted to marijuana unless it was a psychological issue. And that was one guy. And even he could drop the dope in a heartbeat. Honestly, I think our representatives should just toke up a little bit for themselves and maybe things would be a little less ridiculous in Washington, eh?

The stuff I used to have I think was overpriced, but since it doesn't take me much to get screwed up, I could run with it (probably should have gotten it elsewhere though). One of my friends' dad actually is a legal grower for medicinal marijuana so sometimes I get it from him. His basement is A ****ING JUNGLE. Funny story. My bud's like, "hey, wanna see what my dad did to my room?" And I look in there and there's like a ton of plants just soaking up in the lights. And I close the door and just snort with laughter because there's so much of a jungle in there I was expecting a toucan to pop up.

I just watched a video on using polymer clay to cover glass/aluminum pipes to make various characters. Now I wanna make a Murkrow. It's my favourite Pokemon. And it has red eyes. I mean. Come on. Really. Best idea ever.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • Driving after smoking the first few times definitely gets that paranoia going. But I've drove so many times high it's like second nature to me. I mean ****, I can drive a car high when it looks like coke on the ground so clear roads ain't nothing to me.

Yea you'd think so, but remember this country is run by morons so they think someone that smokes weed needs to take "drug abuse" classes like their addicted to crack or something. It's a shame how oblivious to reality they are. When I was arrested for marijuana possession I just laughed at it when I was in for questioning. Good thing it's not on my record tho.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Dude, I think a huge problem is the lack of education. Even when I was a tyke (lol I even participated in D.A.R.E groups in middle school, no lie) I questioned the illegality of marijuana. I used to read books about psychology and I read about marijuana, and the only thing I could find bad about it in the textbook was delayed reaction time (which I have experienced personally). I remember asking my teacher about it and he gave me some roundabout answer. Damn, people will just buy any **** these days, won't they?

Since its socially unacceptable not many people are doing research, which means most "facts" are pulled right out of the ass. Times are changing though and I think its going for the better for our lovely herb.

I'm just waiting for the wonderful day when they realize it's just a ****ing plant that has killed literally 0 people.

Fun fact: While I'm less open about opiates (I wouldn't use them myself, I've had friends who have and he got hooked on it pretty fast, although he's got a pretty addictive personality), they actually were banned from the US because of a brandishing of Chinese folk. You see, during that era, the Chinese were persecuted ruthlessly by the Whites of the United States, and they justified it through them "introducing opium", despite its wide use in Europe at the time. The masses, being very influenced by this, believed it, and along with their own racism they justified both banning it as well as banning immigration into the United States for the Chinese for almost 90 years. I'm willing to bet this attitude stretched to other drugs.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • I gotta agree with you on the whole education thing. Idk how many times my schools tried to tell us how dangerous marijuana was, I mean we shouldn't be glorifying it in middle school but we shouldn't spew propaganda either. We need to just tell these little kiddies the truth about marijuana because eventually most of them will reveal the truth. I don't consent anyone younger than 17 smoking weed cause it has been proven to cause mental problems cause the body and brain isn't fully developed yet. I don't mean that their gonna be retarded or nothing but they can get psychosis and what not, but that would be at an really early ago I'd imagine. If someone's 18 I don't see a problem, their adults and fully developed by then so this isn't an issue.

Yea more and more people are starting to accept marijuana which is a good thing. I'm sick and tired of some dude in a suit and tie telling me I'm addicted and destroying my body when he has no clue what he's talking about and telling me how I should run my life. I hope marijuana will be decriminalized nationwide sometime soon so I can stop trying to avoid the feds, I mean come on just let me relax.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As a biology teacher this thread honestly breaks my heart.

Marijuana isn't as bad a drug as is often made out, but it still has problems. The most prominent of which is probably paranoia and short-term memory loss, sometimes coupled with aggression - not dissimilar to alcohol.

A few people have mentioned the effect on the brain and it 'not damaging adults because they are full developed', or something along those lines. When do you become an adult? Believe it or not nature doesn't conform to the -18/21- rule, hell puberty can continue in the the mid-twenties, it's not abnormal. Therefore saying it's fine to smoke when 18 is still not a dead cert, in anyway.

For many of those who smoke it, it becomes a psychological crutch (again, alcoholalcoholalcohol) and that is the main reason why I consider it dangerous.

Myth dispelling time! "Nobody has died from smoking Marijuana."

Nobody, on record, had died from a chemical overdose of Marijuana. However, that doesn't mean nobody has died. Marijuana, like other drugs, change your perspectives, rationality and your reaction time - all of which can mean you put yourself in danger, unknowingly. Quite honestly I am disturbed by the fact some people are mentioning driving while high.

Should smoking marijuana be classified as a crime?

Yes.

Should those arrested with possession be faced criminal charges or should they just get a ticket if anything?

They should get a warning if it is a small amount, if it is a significant amount then there should be an arrest made. A jury would have to decide the punishment.

Back