• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Possible Link between Deoxys and Megastones?

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    So I stumbled across this and want to share and add on to it (Yes, I actually thought of the last part). I didn't see it on the forum yet, so yeah. If there is, just tell me and close the thread if you want to.

*Exact Quote from a Facebook Post on another group who got it from a reddit post.*
    "So Pokemon has released new information about Rayquaza's link to Mega evolution, Showing that Mega-Rayquaza, who at this time was the normal Rayquaza, made them by fighting a rock falling to earth,
    Now this is implying all Mega Stones are made from the meteor that Deoxys came to earth on,
    Then that implies that the crystal in Deoxy's chest is a Mega stone,
    Then that implies that Deoxys is a Mega, as in not getting one, but IS one?
    So theoretically Deoxy has a more raw Mega Stone which may be why it has so many forms with such scaled power?
    Deoxys was originally a virus/meteorite that fell to earth and somehow became Deoxys, now implying that the laser everything such as the Anime and Pokedex mentioned was Rayquaza's Hyper Beam.
    Now it seems to imply when Rayquaza used Hyper Beam on the meteorite it split the meteor into fragments and the fragments became Megastones but the core became Deoxys.
    Then something involving the Mega stones breaking then turned Rayquaza to modern Rayquaza and giving him a Mega Stone like many other Pokemon."

From some searching, I found this from GameFAQs:
    "It's been confirmed that the Delta episode will reveal something about Mega Evolution, and of course we'll be having a space battle with Deoxys.
    Now, Deoxys central theme is DNA (his name is short for DeoxyriboNucleic Acid and he's called the DNA Pokemon). This theme is shared with the Mega Stones; they are supposed to unlock hidden potential in a Pokemon's DNA, and the stone in the Mega Ring has a double-helix design.
    Additionally, that orb in Deoxys' chest looks a bit like a Mega Stone. It seems pretty obvious that Deoxys will have something to do with the secret of Mega Evolution.
    So, here's my [the GameFAQs Poster's] theory:
    Deoxys comes from a planet filled with whatever Mega Stones are made from (Mega Ore?) That orb in his chest is a Mega Stone, and all of his formes are Mega Evolutions. His planet was destroyed, and rocks fell to Pokeworld as meteorites (hence all the meteorites in many of the regions). These rocks contained Mega Stones, which can modify a Pokemon's DNA.
    That's it. I don't know how Zinnia fits into it, or why only certain Pokemon can Mega Evolve. I'm 99% certain that there's a connection between Deoxys and Mega Evolution though."

And I [White Raven] would like to add on that maybe the reason why Megastones are scattered around on the ground (Think Alakazamite from Slateport City) is because the meteorite is crazy big, and the "Mega Ore" fragments are scattered all over the Pokemon World. But the most of fragments are so small that they have no substantial DNA converting power. There are still some large chunks though. But even if you were to find the ones that are big enough, you wouldn't recognize it, because they look like an ordinary stone (Think the boy near Steven Stone's house in the ORAS demo).

Maybe the reason why Megastones are specialized is because the first Pokemon to step on/touch a Megastone is the Megastone's specialty. The "Mega Ore" is originally neutral, but the power that all final evolved pokemon emits changes the Megastone forever. Maybe that's why some Pokemon that should have gotten one but didn't don't have one yet, IT'S BECAUSE THEY NEVER STEPPED ON ONE (HMMMMM...? GAMEFREAK. Let the Pokemon step on it already.).

The reason why people of the PW took 10 years (Pokemon Movie-wise) to notice Mega Stones is because they are charging. As they get more powerful, the people found out by them.

People are important to Mega Evolution because they too have a Megastone. But the Megastone for people act like a remote control that activates other Megastones at the will of the person. Maybe that's why wild Pokemon don't Mega Evolve. How do megastones get specialized to humans? We stepped on it/touched it. That's the reason why there are only so little MegaBracelets.

The reason why we can only use one Mega evolution per battle is because upon activating the Megastone, other nearby Pokemon Megastones are deactivated.

How come when a Pokemon who mega evolved but fainted can't Mega evolve again if we revived it and sent it out again? The Megastone is recharging, and has no power to mega evolve the Pokemon. Since it has the Pokemon (Powerful Pokemon) holding onto it, after the battle, it is done recharging.

Maybe the reason why the first Pokemon to use a Megastone is Lucario is because they emit a strong aura, and are able to detect the now charged Lucarioite.

Somehow, I think The Pokemon Company/Gamefreak (Whatever) thought of Mega Evolution ten years ago, because they called Steven Stone Steven Stone.

Discuss

Link One: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=675336609232310&set=gm.390457497771697&type=1&theater
    Needs to be in the group to see this

Link Two:
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70577176

Sorry for the EXTREMELY LONG post.

Back