• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Possible New Moves and Move Tutors Thread

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    GSC had a lot of TMs and moves not available in the newer games.

For example, the Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch TMs were found in GSC but never again in continuing games. Also, some unique moves were found on Pokemon that were no longer used. Examples: Phanpy and Water Gun/Absorb, Nidoking/queen and Lovely Kiss, Dewgong with Peck.

I'm hoping that these TMs will return in the form of Move Tutors and the moves to be relearned by breeding or new moveset changes... New moves could be added altogether, too... like Mareep and Tail Glow and Flareon and Flare Blitz. :]

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I think Shuckle's moves are fine as they are. Its not meant to attack, but stall and defend due to its high defenses.

Years
    I hope they include heabutt as a move tutor, and the ability to headbutt the trees instead of stupid honey (i always got the timings wrong :( or forgot about them completely).
    and i think whirlpool will be a move tutor move.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I hope they include heabutt as a move tutor, and the ability to headbutt the trees instead of stupid honey (i always got the timings wrong :( or forgot about them completely).
    and i think whirlpool will be a move tutor move.

Yeah I HATE honey trees. >_< Headbutt trees should come back. I have a feeling that if they keep Honey trees that will be the only way Teddiursa is found... D:

Give it some stautes affecting move that burn or a poison

maybe some stornger attacks like power gem

Shuckle has Toxic already...

And it would be nice if it learned Ancientpower to raise all its stats. XD

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I think Silver Wind is only given to Bugs with wings... and Lumineon because it is a butterfly fish. xD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I doubt the older TMs would come back, because more than like the new GSDS games will follow the DPPt TM format. Though, the older moves could return as movesets and/or breeding abilites. Though, it'll have to work in a way where it fits in with DPPt for compatability sakes.

Though, some Pokémon learnign new moves will be kind of a cool addition, but I don't know if it will be subjected to the game.

Years
    Phanpy leaning Water Gun is kind of a funny exception, being an elephant. Give it to her as an unreachable level-up move at Lv.1, above Odor Sleuth. Let the Move Relearner teach it to her. Otherwise, a Water Gun tutor is kind of pointless.

For tutors:
    • Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Draco Meteor
    • Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Trick, Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch
    • Magnet Rise, Swift, Snore
    • Ancientpower, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Heat Wave, Rollout, Seed Bomb, Signal Beam
    • Nasty Plot, Tail Glow, Nightmare, Power Gem, Counter, Mirror Coat

I'd also alter TM/Tutor capability a bit:
    • Typhlosion: Shock Wave, Earth Power, Nasty Plot
    • Meganium: Dragon Pulse, Counter, Mirror Coat, Earth Power

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ I agree with MetalMArio, as he brings up a lot of good points. Especially about using the Water Gun move for a relearner over a move tutor.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    @Shuckle-does anybody have any idea how broken Power Trick can be if it's pulled off, especially behind a Substitute?

All I'd like to see is a Nightmare tutor. I've been disappointed ever since it's not been a TM-

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Nightmare was a good move, and still is. I wouldn't be surprised if they add in some new tutor moves i nteh remake as well from what they had in DPPt.

The question remains though, will it still be shards that we must use inorder to learn a new move? and if so, will this bring back the retun of the Underground like what we had in Sinnoh?...

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Ha, I was wondering what happened to zap cannon. I would love to see some new move tutors-- nightmare would be great, as said above. Some new ice TMs would be nice. Maybe ice fang.

It'd be great if there were a way to recieve more than one of any TM. It shouldn't be easy to do so, but I think there should be a way.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well the tutors might be used for special attacks for a Pokémon [I don't mean special as physical vs. special by the way, but unique]. Though, the move relearners might be able to teach a few Pokémon fang moves and such. For example, in DPPt, for Floatzel to learn Ice Fang you had to go to Pastoria City with the move relearner for a heart scale.

Back