• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Suggestion?

DarkDragonite12

Inner Focus Boi!!!
    Years
    I was wondering, if it was possible to input an automatic Pm for all the new members that Register here at PC. I know this site gets alot of members daily, and most(if not all)bypass the stickies and post right away.

So perhaps an automatic pm with the Main Forum Rules? I mean, it certainly wouldn't hurt the site, so why not give it a shot?

DarkDragonite12

Inner Focus Boi!!!
    Years
    I agree...That would most likely cut down on spamming and rulebreaking...I hope the staff chooses to implement this Idea...It is a really good one!
    Thanxs. ^_^

I moderate at TCGPlayer and I know a thing or two about the job. And I hate having to delete post/edit them when their are stickies everywhere.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    When you register on this forum, you get shown a general rules agreement, which includes a link to our rules thread.
    By ticking the "I agree" box, the users have agreed with reading and abiding our community rules.
    Also, the rules have a permanent link in the navigation bar, on top of the forum, which is displayed on every page.

I think the subject of rules notifications is covered up pretty well by that.
    If people refuse to read the rules, stickied threads, FAQs, etc, even with the notifications we have now, a PM with the link in it wouldn't have that much of an effect to no effect either, as the users just plainly don't want to.

Though you're right with that a PM when a user signs up wouldn't hurt, it's not really necessary, and with our current server-stress level, not really reasonable to use.
    However, once we get to move on a better server, a "Welcome" PM which includes a link to the rules could be taken into consideration.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    If someone breaks the rules they only have themselves to blame. Every layout on PC has "FAQ | Rules" on the navbar, it's not that hard to miss. Almost every forum has a sticked thread that lists the rules of that forum. And even stuff like the name change thread, even when added "Read the first post or you won't get a name change" to the title people still did this or that where they broke the rules of the thread. People don't want to take the time to read the rules, you can put it in their face and they don't want to read it (name change thread for example).

Will the idea work? I say unlikely, it is a very good idea, one I've had in the past. But the way I look at it, if someone joins just to ask what level does Infernape learn Flare Blitz they aren't going to take the time to read the welcome PM and read the rules. They're going to ask their question, get the answer and walk out the door.
    And if a member joins to stick around the forum that member is likely to read the rules. And if he/she doesn't and gets a warning the Staff member will say "Go read the PC rules" and they will read it that way (because they don't want another warning).

Back