• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Power save cloning

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Just wanted to know what the community thinks of cloning with powersaves? And if it's risky or all good news :)

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Lots of members use them on here to clone, but you can get a bad device every now and then. I bought one and it corrupted my save, still haven't been able to fix it.

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    What happened to your save? Iv heard people think it was the powersave but it was from saving in luminose before the patch. Just worried it's dodgey.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I just ordered one online yesterday, so I'm a bit curious too. I've been told that you can back the save file up to restore it if anything goes wrong, though.

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Got one coming today il post what I think of it later :)

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    What kind of powersave thing are you using? Also, do you need the digital copy or the game card copy to clone?

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • Hey guys! I think I can answer all your questions. I've had my PowerSave for around two months and has not given me any issues. And just so you are clear, the PowerSave is not like an ActionReplay in which you put codes. It is merely a save file modifier. Yes, you can use some Action Replay codes that are already included in the software you download and also helps to backup your file and of course, cloning.

Just wanted to know what the community thinks of cloning with powersaves? And if it's risky or all good news :)

As far as cloning with PowerSave it is considered 100% legal and those cloned pokemon can be traded in this forum. It is also helpful to get items such as mega stone or rare candies, you can also get the bags for EV training I think. Personally I only use it for the Mega Stones and to get Everstones and Destiny Knots because I always forgot to take them from the pokemon I was breeding and sometimes released it and yeah, it was annoying. Oh, and sometimes I use it for fast hatching. And also shiny value checking for eggs and other trainers that need it. So it comes quiet handy.
    Now, using the shiny codes, or any other codes that affect the pokemon (I think there's only a few such as changing form of some pokemon, making the pokemon shiny) would be considered hacked pokemon and it is not allowed in this forum. Maybe others do. But it is still hacked pokemon.

Lots of members use them on here to clone, but you can get a bad device every now and then. I bought one and it corrupted my save, still haven't been able to fix it.

It would be nice to know what were you attempting to do when this happened just to be aware. Maybe you had the wrong PowerSave, I think there is a latest version that is for Pokemon X/Y so you have to make sure you have that version, or something similar I've heard. When I bought mine they did confirm it was compatible with X/Y because I think there's some older versions that aren't.

I just ordered one online yesterday, so I'm a bit curious too. I've been told that you can back the save file up to restore it if anything goes wrong, though.

Again, make sure you get the latest version that supports X/Y. And whenever you use a code to modify the game, the software automatically saves a backup for you. When using the cloning method with Pokemon Bank, you also need to backup your file to then restore it. (Look up youtube videos, it's pretty easy to understand). So, yeah, you can always backup your game whenever you want just in case. And, I haven't had any issues so far but I've heard that yes, people got an error when they activated their code or something and they were able to restore a previous back up and problem solved. Never heard what they exactly tried to do or if they tried it again though.

What kind of powersave thing are you using? Also, do you need the digital copy or the game card copy to clone?

With PowerSave you can only use a hard copy since you have to plug in the game card to the power save which is connected to the computer and then restore the file after you save your pokemon to the Pokemon Bank. The issue I guess would be that you can't restore back your pokemon if you have a digital copy of Pokemon. I think? I have the cartridge so never have had to deal with that but it would be nice if maybe someone figured that out. There is also another way to clone but you need two (2) nintendo 3DS/2DS.
    Not sure if there are like different kind of PowerSaves. I know the software updates every once in a while. The brand is Datel. If you buy it online make sure you read the comments to make sure there are no issues. I think buying it physically in a store is better since most of the time they know better and know if you can use your Pokemon X/Y version with it. Most game stores should have it.

Hope this helped. Let me know how you guys do with your Powersaves. :)

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Thanks good advice il give it a shot when it arrives and let you know!

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • It would be nice to know what were you attempting to do when this happened just to be aware. Maybe you had the wrong PowerSave, I think there is a latest version that is for Pokemon X/Y so you have to make sure you have that version, or something similar I've heard. When I bought mine they did confirm it was compatible with X/Y because I think there's some older versions that aren't.

The Powersave recognised my cartridge but it failed to connect to the online server properly when modifying my save file. However since this topic has been posted I decided to try and use it again on my new computer and it worked! My old laptop had dodgy USB ports so that may have been the problem.

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Used it last night and cloned my shiny eevee it works great!

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    So straight forward was worried to start with because there was no remove cartridge safely button so had to just pull it out haha thought that would be unsafe!

Jasonmii

Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Is anyone having any troubles using theirs today? I keep getting the web error thing. I'm not sure if it has to do with my USB ports or not. I will have to try it on my other computer later. I just want to know if anyone else is getting the same thing. I hope I didn't get a faulty one. >,>

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Is anyone having any troubles using theirs today? I keep getting the web error thing. I'm not sure if it has to do with my USB ports or not. I will have to try it on my other computer later. I just want to know if anyone else is getting the same thing. I hope I didn't get a faulty one. >,>

I kept getting the web error on my old computer with the dodgy ports, works fine on my new one :)

Jasonmii

Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    My saved file got corrupted. >,> I would be careful using this. The backup files I have are not restoring either.

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    My game cart keeps disconnecting sometimes half way through writing the cartridge.. Not had an issue yet but seems it could go wrong easily

Jasonmii

Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    My game cart keeps disconnecting sometimes half way through writing the cartridge.. Not had an issue yet but seems it could go wrong easily

Mine barely reads the device. I have to try a million positions before it actually stays. And it still messes up sometimes. I think that's why my save corrupted. I'm definitely being a bit more careful on my new save. I just wish I could've backed all of my Pokemon onto PokeBank before it corrupted. lol I only managed to save six of my original 6 gen Pokemon (Malamar, Noivern, Greninja, Chesnaught, Heliolisk, and Goodra). Luckily those were my only 6 gen Pokemon that I fully trained, EV and IV wise. I still had a lot that I had yet to train. The rest of my Pokemon came from Black and Black 2. And I used AR to clone those, so I didn't lose much except for 170+ hours of gameplay.

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I'm gonna pokebank all my valuables now haha!

Back