• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PP up question

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Hey guys

Is there a maximum amount of times you can use PP up on a pokemon or move?

Years
    I believe so, yes. That's pretty much what the PP Max represents; it adds PP to a certain move until it can't be added unto anymore. For example: A little while ago in my SS I found one and gave it to my Feraligatr's Hydro Cannon. It raised it three PP and when I experimentally tried a PP Up, it wouldn't work.

I hope that answer's your question sufficiently enough.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Each move has it's own PP cap, dependent on the base PP it has. each use of a PP Up raises the moves cap by one fifth of the moves base PP. So, a PP Up would raise a 5-point moves by one, a 10-point move by 2, 15-point move by 3 and so on. The maximum amount of extra PP a move can have is three-fifths the base. So, a 5-point move can have 8 (5+3), a 10-point move can have 16 (10+6), etc. In that vein, a PP Max raises PP to the cap, and therefore is potentially three times as effective as a PP Up.

/game mechanics

Back