• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Predict The Next Generation

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
  • what do you think will happen in generation Vl? what do you think the new gym leaders will specialize? what pokemon do you think from previous generations will get a new evolution? predict what will happen in the next generation!
    because of other people expecting for a gen III remake, you may talk about the hoenn remakes

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    Judging by how the other even generations went(Gen II and Gen IV), I'd say that not many Pokemon will be introduced (I'd say we'd get about 750-765 by next Gen.) We'll also get many evolutions of previous gen mons (Such as Steelix, Crobat, and Kingdra in Gen II and Dusknoir, Gliscor, and Mamoswine in Gen IV.)

Region-wise, I'm not sure. Nintendo just decided to base Unova off America out of the blue, so I have no idea on how future games will progress. While on the gyms, I'd say a Dark-type gym may be imminent, as lately Nintendo seems to be using types there were almost never used for gym leaders (Take Poison and Ground, for instance. Last time we had gym leaders for those types were Koga and Giovanni, both in Gen I.) We also may get a Steel-type and a Ghost-type gym, as they haven't been used since Gen IV, and they seem to be present in all even-numbered gens.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i would love to have generation 3 remakes too, i love those games. and since they made a G/S remake, which was the second generation, they may make another remake of another pokemon game. possibilities. lets just hope they dont make a D/P remake.

Pingouin_7

i would love to have generation 3 remakes too, i love those games. and since they made a G/S remake, which was the second generation, they may make another remake of another pokemon game. possibilities. lets just hope they dont make a D/P remake.

Why no D/P remake?
    If R/S deserves a remake, then D/P deserves a remake in the future too, TBH.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    well ive seen alot of people who dont even like D/P becasue the new evolved forms of old pokemon. and other reason and i though diamond and pearl wasnt that great either. so i didnt want one.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I don't know, I expect the Hoenn Remakes in the next Generation, mostly because I want evolutions of some Hoenn Pokemon, mainly Mightyena(I love it TO THE MAX!!!)

Sirfetch’d

well ive seen alot of people who dont even like D/P becasue the new evolved forms of old pokemon. and other reason and i though diamond and pearl wasnt that great either. so i didnt want one.

I agree, D/P were the worst games in the series so far. The story was pretty bad, the poketch was way overdone, the starters were the worst so far, and the game just seemed too quick. The worst part was the lack of new pokemon. It seemed most of the planning for the game went to pre and post evos for old pokemon. Heartgold and Soulsilver saved gen 4.

To stay on topic i think that we may finally get a grass/fire typing maybe based off of a campfire. Maybe not though, wishful thinking.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
    Years
  • i think that they will go back to the japan based maps and make a gen thats between hoen and joto so they can make the first 2 games on the vi gen and then carry on with the new "sequel" formula and add the 3rd gen instead of a remake
    and they would make evo/pre evo from the third gen and a few from the 2nd since its next to it ( hopefully dusparce )
    but I'm no fortion teller and these are just expectations

i like cinnamon :)

Last edited:

StanFromWork

Pokemon Colosseum <3
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2014
    I dont think they should make another new generation quite yet. They definately should do a remake of gen III since it was the best by far. They could also make a super game which included more than 1 region like Gold, Crystal, and Silver did, i would enjoy that very much :]

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • This isn't the Hoenn remake thread, guys.

Whichever Pokémon is #666 in the national dex will become a meme simply because of that fact. Oh, and I expect the Fire starter to NOT have a secondary type in its final form.

Sirfetch’d

This isn't the Hoenn remake thread, guys.

Whichever Pokémon is #666 in the national dex will become a meme simply because of that fact. Oh, and I expect the Fire starter to NOT have a secondary type in its final form.

It looks like #666 will be the usual generic bird or cat pokemon. I hope that you are right about the fire starter not having a secondary type, especially NOT FIGHTING. I hope that they are like gen 2 pure and simple.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Facts:
    -All gen V pokemon are officially revealed earlier than anyone ever dared to expect.
    -The DS is done after BW2 are released everywhere with faster than usual translations.

From this we can safely assume that whatever is next, it will have to include new pokemon designs one way or another, and it will use a new engine/graphics since it will be the first set of 3DS titles.

Which is why I throw any RS remake thoughts out the window right away.
    Unless they pulled some sequel, or a "Johto" for Hoenn, but thats a whole different story... it would require new pokemon anyhow.

Until now, generations where alternating between:
    -Odd- fresh starts: tons of new pokemon for the basic/common roles, ~150
    -Even- complimenting generations: mostly rare/exotic pokemon, many evolutions/babies to old ones. ~100

So the most obvious possibility seems to be a new region that again relies heavily on old pokemon to fill the grass, with special rare pokemon hidden in all corners.

But because Unova took the franchise far-away and actually managed to round itself up nicely with BW2, even making it more familiar by including hundreds of old favs...
    the feel to polish up the big picture isn't there this time.

Its hard to tell.... its less clear than ever before.

My prediction:
    -a generation that compliments/builds on all 5 generations before it, like DPt. 45%
    -another fresh start, like RS/BW. 40%
    -an expansion region to Unova, similar to what Johto was to Kanto. 5%
    -an expansion region to Hoenn, similar to what Johto was to Kanto and including Hoenn in the postgame similar to GS. 10%
    -plain copy paste RS remakes. 0%

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • -another fresh start, like RS/BW. 40%
    This seems unlikely for me. the reason unova is a fresh start may be for some new players of the game who have no idea about the past gen

-an expansion region to Unova, similar to what Johto was to Kanto. 5%
    This is a very good idea. Much of the nation unova is found has not been discovered, it needs more exploration.

-an expansion region to Hoenn, similar to what Johto was to Kanto and including Hoenn in the postgame similar to GS. 10%
    I dont expect it. Hoenn is an Island and doesnt seem to be found very near a main land.

-plain copy paste RS remakes. 0%
    This idea, i also dont expect it. Events of RSE happened at the same time with the FRLG events. using the exact same storyline for RSE will confuse the chronology of events in the pokemon world.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • This seems unlikely for me. the reason unova is a fresh start may be for some new players of the game who have no idea about the past gen.

This is a very good idea. Much of the nation unova is found has not been discovered, it needs more exploration.

It seems likely at first, but what changed my opinion was BW2... GS tried to be sequels, but BW2 actually did it in a more direct way and made proper use of the seemingly random east half of Unova.

I dont expect it. Hoenn is an Island and doesnt seem to be found very near a main land.

If it is any bit like its real-world counterpart kyushu, the bigger islands that holds Kanto and Johto is actually pretty close in its northwest (game map).
    Its not there in RSE Ill give you that, but they would make it have a seperate whole map anyways, which would even ignore the issue of Hoenn being rotated 90*.

Years
  • I reckon they won't make a Gen III remake, but they won't make many Pokemon, for sure. I reckon they'll make like, 30-50 Pokemon. And they NEED to make a Dark-Type gym! It should be towards the end of the game. And they should make Pokemon Grey.

Back