• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred starter Pok?mon type?

[Paper Wings]

Cosmic Castaway
    Years
    Like most people, I go straight for the Fire-Type everytime I get my hands on a version for the first time; Cyndquil, Charmander... Except in Ruby and Emerald. Torchic? Fire/Fighting? BLASPHEMY! So I chose Treeko instead. And because lizards are cute.

I'd love to start off with a Cyndaquil again, though. I absolutely love Typhlosions. <3

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    My type kept switching. In a way, it was nice to eventually experience three different type starters. I chose Squirtle in the old games and FRLG, Chikorita in GSC and Torchic in RSE (even though I only have Ruby)
    I guess I dont shoot for a certain element, I kinda go for the best-looking and the cutest.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I normally go with water. Occasionally I'll go with the grass type, but it's usually water.

Years
    I starting with water (except RSE, which I usually go with Torchic :3).
    Water is usually pretty good with teh first gym leaders, and you have a Pokemon that knows Surf by the time you get it. *has to have a water Pokemon or else she goes insane XD*

After that, I'd say grass. I like the grass starters ^^;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I prefer water, but sometimes I like to go with grass, never Fire though.

xXkillaXx

Banned
    Years
    i started with Torchic in pokemon emerald and Cydaquil(after you get 200 pokemon in your Hoenn dex go to Prof.Birch and he'll ask you if you want a Todaile,Chickorita or Cydaquil(your rival happens to be there aswell)

Barrysun

Team Rocket hater!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    fire all the way. altho I do sometimes choose water types sometimes. but Fire starters are really cool and I would pefer Vapereon as my water type. (the only exception I always go for water type is in XD, gale of darkness)

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Water I suppose.I've always found the water types with less disadvantages,much the less in the Kanto and Hoenn games the first gym leader would have a disadvantage O_o

More than that,the water types are the kawaii ones <3

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Lessee...for Kanto, I'd choose Charmander. For Johto, I'd choose Chikorita. For Hoenn, I'd choose Torchic (and never evolve it. Blaziken looks like a disfigured disco guy o_O). It differs each generation; I tend to lean on the fire side majority of the time. Although..if there was such a thing as a Pichu for a starter, I'd *so* go with that one. <3

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    I always use water. You could breeze through the game because water is such a balanced type and because the water starter always tends to have balanced stats. You could breeze through the game if you choose water because it is good against a lot of gym leaders. And because I just like water Pokemon in general. :)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

If the starter is a bird, I will choose it even if it sucks because I <3 birds. I tend to choose fire even though the game is biased towards them. In Blue I chose Bulbasaur, but I chose Cyndaquil in Gold, Torchic in Ruby, and Charmander in Leaf Green.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Back