• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Prehistoric~Pokemon~Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Make up a Dinosaur Related move for your Partner
    This is the first time ever where I'm actually glad for choosing the current partner.

Name: Banarang (That's Banana +Boomerang if you don't know. I know it's a sucky name but whatever.)
    Type: Grass
    Power: 50
    Accuracy: 90%
    Effect: The user throws a banana at the opponent. It will always hit twice.

Tropius always lacked a good grass physical STAB outside of Leaf Blade, which is illegal with Dragon Dance. Kind of made me sad. :(

And for Kangaskhan. I still don't know, it's mostly a Kangaroo but I'm not sure if it's a dinosaur at all. Sure its head is sort of like a Pachycephalosaur but I don't think that's enough. It's overall design doesn't scream "dinosaur" to me. I still don't know.
    I'd say hold a vote for it. But that's up to the club's owner should they wish to do that.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
    Make up a Dinosaur Related move for your Partner
    This is the first time ever where I'm actually glad for choosing the current partner.

Name: Banarang (That's Banana +Boomerang if you don't know. I know it's a sucky name but whatever.)
    Type: Grass
    Power: 50
    Accuracy: 90%
    Effect: The user throws a banana at the opponent. It will always hit twice.

Tropius always lacked a good grass physical STAB outside of Leaf Blade, which is illegal with Dragon Dance. Kind of made me sad. :(

And for Kangaskhan. I still don't know, it's mostly a Kangaroo but I'm not sure if it's a dinosaur at all. Sure its head is sort of like a Pachycephalosaur but I don't think that's enough. It's overall design doesn't scream "dinosaur" to me. I still don't know.
    I'd say hold a vote for it. But that's up to the club's owner should they wish to do that.

So your move actually has a power of 100 if it hits.. correct?

And I shall do just that,

VOTE

Should Kangaskhan be considered a Dinosaur Pokemon?

All you have to do is cast your vote, and when everyone has voted, the results will be tallied up

Last edited:

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i cast my vote for yes.
    its the same thing as a freggin cranidos.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I'll join looks cool
    Name : Ciax
    Partner : Armaldo (Unit) the only perhistoric bug
    Password : T-Rex

Move : Tail Whack (Priority +3)
    Type : Normal
    The user whacks its opponent with its tail, stunning them
    BP : 50
    PP : 15
    Effect : The opponent is stunned and unable to move for two turns, including the turn Tail whack was used on.

On the subject of Kangaskhan I think he belongs on the list
    Also could Yanmega and Yanma be on the list, Yanma has to learn Ancient Power to evolve and he looks abit like a pre historic. I understand its a dinosaur club but just there for consideration.

Last edited:

The Last One

Years
    I'll join looks cool
    Name : Ciax
    Partner : Armaldo (Unit) the only perhistoric bug
    Password : T-Rex

Move : Tail Whack (Priority +3)
    Type : Normal
    The user whacks its opponent with its tail, stunning them
    BP : 50
    PP : 15
    Effect : The opponent is stunned and unable to move for two turns, including the turn Tail whack was used on.
    On the subject of Kangaskhan I think he belongs on the list
    Also could Yanmega and Yanma be on the list, Yanma has to learn Ancient Power to evolve and he looks abit like a pre historic. I understand its a dinosaur club but just there for consideration.

welcome, and we'll hold a vote for Yanma and Yanmega after the Kangaskhan vote

Do you think there should be more Dinosaur-like Pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The only Pokemon dinosaur I think is Aerodactyl.
    Posts like these aren't very contributive to the club. I'd delete it, but to prevent more posts like these I'll just mention why the Pokemon in this club are dinosaurs.

While the only dinosaur fossils are Aerodactyl, Cranidos/Rampardos and Shieldon/Bastiodon, it's kind of silly to have a dinosaur Pokemon club without the fossils.
    Lapras is slightly based on a Plesiosaur
    I don't know what dinosaur aspects the Saur family got. But it's kind of in its name and it does look like a dinosaur, but I don't know WHICH dinosaur.
    Charmeleon has a crest, similar to that of a Parasaurolophus.
    Cubone and Marowak are probably based on a dinosaur fossil. I'm assuming a Theropod.
    Chikorita, Bayleef and Meganium are Sauropods.
    The Totodile family and Sandile family are pretty much crocodiles more than dinosaurs. However, crocodiles evolved from dinosaurs (Suchomimus). If that's not enough, then they all got aspect of a Spinosaur anyway. (except for Sandile.)
    Tyranitar is obviously based on a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Larvitar got some dinosaur aspects but forgot which dinosaur.
    Lugia, I don't really agree with it being a dinosaur. But it's the owner's choice and if he sees it as a Plesiosaur then so be it.
    Grovyle is a Dromaeosaurus. Sceptile is a Dilophosaurus.
    Tropius is a Sauropod.
    Relicanth is based on a Coelacanth which lived with dinosaurs.
    Groudon, while mostly based on Behemoth, has the appearance of a Tyrannosaurus Rex and an Euoplocephalus.
    Dialga is a Suropod and Palkia is a Theropod.
    Axew family were confirmed to be based on a herbivore dinosaur. Not sure which one exactly though.
    Sharpedo is a shark, so why not add it if Relicanth is there? Sharks also lived with dinosaurs. And honestly Sharpedo reminds me more of a Carcharodon Megalodon than any other shark.
    Torterra is an Ankylosaur.
    Rhyhorn family and Aron family are Ceratopsian dinosaurs.

Answers everything? I noticed two Pachycephalosaurus-like Pokemon (Breloom and Bagon) are missing on the list. :<

As for Kangaskhan, well, sure it doesn't look much like a dinosaur, but that head is so much like a Pachycephalosaurus I'm going to vote yes.
    Yanmega while I disagree with should be in there if Cradily and Sharpedo are there, so yes to it too. But if we're going to add Yanmega then Tangrowth should also be considered.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    to the new topic:
    there should be legendary dino pokemon.

to spinosaurus:
    why should tangrowth be in? hes just a bunch of vines...
    cradily should be in cus it sorta shows the huge carnivorous plants that were around w/ dinos.

saur family to me are just frogs w/ plants on their backs. although theyre some of my favorite pkmns. they shouldnt be in the club.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Why does it need to learn Ancient Power to evolve then? It's based on a Caveman, which deserves to be in as much as a prehistoric dragonfly. Though none of them are exactly dinosaurs, so it's either both in or out.

As for the Bulba family. According to Bulbapedia, this is what it's based on:

Looks like a dinosaur, am I right? Well it is. It also looks similar to our little friend Venusaur, so it deserves to be in.
    We already got Groudon for a dinosaur legendary Pokemon, and to a lesser extent, Dialga and Palkia.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    when i think of dino legendary i think of earth elements.
    water, grass, ground, rock, ect.
    not dragon...
    groundon is a good dino legendary imo.

caveman came in way after dinosaurs though.
    so if we are adding that then we must add mamoswine...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    when i think of dino legendary i think of earth elements.
    water, grass, ground, rock, ect.
    not dragon...
    groundon is a good dino legendary imo.

caveman came in way after dinosaurs though.
    so if we are adding that then we must add mamoswine...
    The Meganeura (the dragonfly Yanmega is based on) lived way BEFORE the dinosaurs. That doesn't make it any more relevant.

Remember, this is a dinosaur Pokemon fanclub, not a prehistoric Pokemon fanclub. All the Pokemon in this club, save some of the fossils, are dinosaurs. (Yes, I consider sharks dinosaurs.) So unless this is a prehistoric Pokemon fanclub, I don't see both Yanmega or Tangrowth in.

However, if the owner wishes to contact me and change the club to a prehistoric Pokemon fanclub instead, then we can just add a lot more Pokemon. (Raikou, Mamoswine and Slaking to name a few.) Though I do recommend that, since the bigger the club, usually the better!

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    good point, i agree.

hey dont you think nidoking/queen look part of Ceratopsian dinosaurs as well?

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    yes Nidoking and Nidoqueen do appear as Dinosaur Pokemon. However, if you look closely at them, you can see they actually only got some rabbit, rhino and gorilla aspects. (Thank god for Bulbapedia. :P) I don't really see any dinosaur aspects on them.

I see them as dinosaurs but I was reading the other page and saw that this has a;ready been talked about.

On the topic
    More Dinosaur Pokemon?
    Yes how can I saw I want less, most dinosaur pokemon look pretty cool and I also think Bagon should be here

To me thats a dinosaur

Edit: Just saw the club has been changed to a prehistoric pokemon club. This pleases me

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ok Spiny, would you like to list the Pokemon that should be added to the club?
    For now, the Pokemon I think are missing from the list are:
    Spoiler:

I'm not really sure on the Regis, so I'll get back to you on them later.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Name~ BinaryPeaches
    Partner~ Aerodactyl <33333333
    Partner's Name(Optional)~ Aero (because I'm lame like that. xD)
    Password~ T-Rex

Prehistoric > Dinosaur. Although I'm choosing Aerodactyl as my partner, I was sooo tempted to choose Totodile because Totodile is <3. Buuuut, it's okay, because Aerodactyl is sexy (don't mind me I'm in a weird mood). As for any other Pokemon I'm not too sure, I think Spinosaurus have a good majority. I'm not too sure on the Regis being Prehistoric though. What exactly are they based off of anyways.

The Last One

Years
    For now, the Pokemon I think are missing from the list are:
    Spoiler:

I'm not really sure on the Regis, so I'll get back to you on them later.

Ill get right on adding those

Name~ BinaryPeaches
    Partner~ Aerodactyl <33333333
    Partner's Name(Optional)~ Aero (because I'm lame like that. xD)
    Password~ T-Rex

Prehistoric > Dinosaur. Although I'm choosing Aerodactyl as my partner, I was sooo tempted to choose Totodile because Totodile is <3. Buuuut, it's okay, because Aerodactyl is sexy (don't mind me I'm in a weird mood). As for any other Pokemon I'm not too sure, I think Spinosaurus have a good majority. I'm not too sure on the Regis being Prehistoric though. What exactly are they based off of anyways.

Added,

And I think the Regis are based on Golems if I'm not mistaken

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Right, we could use a new topic.

Which Prehistoric Pokemon would you remove from the club?
    Lugia is the only one I don't really see why it's based on a Dinosaur. I don't think it actually resembles a prehistoric animal, but that's just me.

As for the Regis, I'm pretty sure I read something before the proved they're based on something prehistoric, but I can't seem to find it. >_>

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Right, we could use a new topic.

Lugia is the only one I don't really see why it's based on a Dinosaur. I don't think it actually resembles a prehistoric animal, but that's just me.

As for the Regis, I'm pretty sure I read something before the proved they're based on something prehistoric, but I can't seem to find it. >_>

I think the regis are based on the different ages of civilization. The stone age, Ice age and Iron Age

uhhh for some reason I cant see the list of pokemon, guessing Last One removed the list completely. But looking at that list spiny ad i agree with them all except Raikou, not sure why it is there. If it is per historic then wouldn't Entei and Suicine be on there as well?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back