• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prelude (SU + OOC)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Yeaaaaa I'm dropping out. Q_Q One too many RPs on my plate. I get my eyes are bigger then my stomach O_O

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    So far, I have mixed feelings about this RP. Not to say that it's bad or anything, it's just interesting and unlike most others that I've been in. The chapters (which are really more like scene changes, not that that's a bad thing) have been moving along quickly, though I imagine that they will get longer at some point. However one of the more interesting points is how from chapters one to two, the scenery and Pokemon available change quite drastically, yet there was no interlude. There was no road in between so that the scene may change slowly and more subtly, the players just kinda go there, as if they might as well have been teleported. That's all well and good for the purpose of moving forward quickly, especially if the distance between the two areas wasn't that large anyways, however I am unsure what I feel about this if that is to be how it is for the rest of this thing. To me, this just seems like it could turn out to be nothing more than doing one battle and catching one Pokemon, then instantly moving to the next area to repeat the process. (But I guess that sort of is what Pokemon is all about) However, it's far too early for me to be making those sorts of predictions.

Another thing is how the story seems to move forward not by set-in-stone events laid down by the GM, rather through an outline of what could happen. I suppose it's one way of moving the game forward, and it works, I have been in one game before where this has been done. (Though in that game the players were all several hundred miles away from each other and never actually communicated, needless to say, it didn't last long.) This does make the GM presence fairly weak, though, which isn't inherently a good or bad thing.

This post outline structure does seem to create a game where the players are the ones building the story, rather than playing through one designed by the GM, making it rather sandbox-y, which is by no means bad. However, the odd thing I find is how player-to-player interaction doesn't seem to be a major part of this thus far. (Heck, Lt. Col. Fantastic pretty much wrote himself in a second character to adventure with. Certainly an interesting way to RP that I can't say I see frequently. But I don't mean that as an attack on him.) I would consider that a weakness considering how, I think, when you have a sandbox-style game with multiple people, it would be best to encourage cooperative play so that either all of them (or groups composed of two or more, perhaps with the occasional solo player for those who wish to play that way) in approximately the same place and doing approximately the same thing, (granted if there is more than one group/solo players then there is going to be some differentiation.) as well as interacting with each other more often. That creates an environment in which the players are playing off each others stories, while still going after the main goal set by the GM. All I'm saying is that, thus far, the characters have been pretty isolated from each other, though I will not say that's the fault of the RP or GM. And so long as common goals are set, that really isn't too much of a problem. But if a point comes up when characters may take separate paths, then things become problematic. (Trust me, in the one RP I ever GMed for, I gave everyone their own separate stories and quests to go on, it was a nightmare to go through, and it died pretty quickly. Though, that was my fault for being a bad GM.)

Anyways, my character hasn't technically left town yet. If anyone wants to meet up with him, go ahead. I am especially interested in interacting with Swan's character. Two Ranchers with almost entirely opposite outlooks on that type of life, and with the typical gender roles swapped, seem like it would be an interesting duo, who could possibly have history with each other, due to growing up in around the same area. That's not my call to make, though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hey, do rare Pokemon (Like the Dratini) have lower chances of being caught? I'm just wondering.

Also, this is really fun! :D

Well, most of the time, rarity won't count in this RP; it's just how well you post that determines the capture rate.

And thanks!

@The Noob Hacker - Thank you; that was a great read! Well, the style, the chapters... I thought that's how most journey RPs are. (well, this is my first time doing this at such a high caliber, hehe.) Interaction isn't -really- a key factor in the storyline (though maybe it can be later on, ohoho) however, I do give everyone ample opportunities to interact; whiiiich I do recommend that you guys do... at some point; I find that interaction would smooth things along with the plot.

(and mind you, it doesn't -have- to be joint posts. Just so everyone knows.)

Anyways, I'm happy for the feedback, guys! Just continue to tell me what I should do, and shouldn't do, and I will try to deliver for your pleasures. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Name | Tahow Carter

Age | 16

Gender | Male

Starter | Leafeon, Random egg move.

Appearance | Tahow has a nice tan skin color that he was born with.Tahow has a deer hide hat with a two feathers sticking out of it, one long onein front and a short in the back. He has gentle facial features such as softbrown eyes and dark blonde hair. He doesn't have a shirt but he does havesomething going diagonally across his chest, kind of like a toga. The toga likething has black feathers going all the way across. His shorts are made fromdeer hide as well and has cuts all the way across the circumference of the end ofthe shorts legs. He has buckle up sandals that are a little too big for him.

Personality | Tahow is a nice and sweet guy when you get to know him. Heis very shy around new people and isn't very good around girls. Tahow loves toplay soccer and other sports as well as have a Pokémon battle. Though he loves Pokémonhe also fears them for they have great power. It is hard to get Tahow angryunless you try to which most people don't want to do considering when he does get angry he tends to get very physical.Has a great sense of humor and loves to joke around. He can also take things seriouslywhen needed but can't handle constructive criticism to well and likes to dothings his own way. When in a conflict or has encountered an obstacle Tahowdoesn't give up until he has succeeded or dies trying. Basically Tahow is yournormal person but tends to put more effort into things and resort to violence ifangered.

History Tahow has lived in Kaley all his life and could never dream ofleaving his home land. In his sixteen years of living in Kaley he has gonethrough both very good times and very bad times like all human beings. Tahownever knew his mother for she died giving birth to him. His dad on the otherhand vowed to take very good care of him until he leaves and would prepare himfor when he does leave. Tahow loves his dad back and it hurts him to even thinkof him dying. His Grandma has also absolutely adored him. When he was abouteight he got his own bow and three arrows to start to learn to hunt. He wasn'tvery successful for a few years but by when he was eleven he has been enteredfor annual Archery Tournaments across the world every year and has won about two.He also has had many experiences with Pokémon. Tahow has had an Eevee as a petfor about 3 years and then evolved it into a Leafeon at the age of 15. Tahow isnow thinking about battling with Leafeon instead of just keeping him as a pet.

RP Sample
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Unfortunately I'll have to retire Arkan Maes from this RP on account of my schedule for the summer. I've just got so much on my hands, I wont be able to fairly contribute to this RP, which I'm very sorry about. It's a wonderful RP, and I hope the next time I see it's name it's a popular one. Good luck to all of you, and sorry once again.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Unfortunately I'll have to retire Arkan Maes from this RP on account of my schedule for the summer. I've just got so much on my hands, I wont be able to fairly contribute to this RP, which I'm very sorry about. It's a wonderful RP, and I hope the next time I see it's name it's a popular one. Good luck to all of you, and sorry once again.

Okay; thanks for playing~!

@1ninjadude1701 - Yeah, that's much better; accepted! You can start any time you wish~!

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • Hey guys and gals, I got banned from the computer, but I have my Galaxy Tab (for now). To keep things short, posting on this thing is really weird. (this is the third time I typed this up, hopefully I wont accidentally delete it again.)

So I'm not going to be as active as I'd like to be, but I'll try to get in a few posts in before I get computer priveleges back. Which shouldn't be too long now.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I hope I don't get booted from this rp, we had a really bad storm and I'm at the local hospital to charge stuff, not sure when I'll get power back, they said by July 8th

Back