• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prepare for Trouble

Rapidame

Lass
Years
  • Hello! Hello! Hello!

I guess you can call me Collette, though my username is a perfectly adequate way to address me by because I like Rapidash (UNICORNS ON FIRE!!!) and bad puns.

I've been a fan of Pokemon since Christmas day of '98 when I got the spanking new cart of Blue. In other words, I've been with franchise practicably since day one: I even still have the Toy R US "preview video" that was distributed to hype up the franchise. Strange to think that I'm 20 now. I found it really surreal when I was in line at game to buy DP on the day it first came out. I was the youngest person in the store. While I prefer a number of other mon franchises over Pokemon, such as Shin Megami Tensei, Jade Cocoon, and Robopon. However, I still obviously have a respect for the series that popularized (Megami Tensei being the original) the mon genre.

An important thing to know is that I don't have Black and White. This is mainly because my is broken and I don't have much cash to get a new one. Still, being the wiki maniac that I am, I should at least have a general idea of what is what when those games are being talked about.

I also have never really been "serious" about the game. No tournaments and the like, but I might be interested in finally doing such things in the future. I'll admit I'm likely what would be considered a "casual" Pokemon player. However, my Diamond save (last time I played ) had over 500 hours of gameplay recorded. I'm actually a little scared to see what what sort of time goes into it for those players who are hardcore about the game.

Last but least I'm also a roleplayer, at the hobby for about 5 years, I'm guessing. I've done chat, table top/ pen and paper, and free form forum, with an interest in larp. And I'm a bit of theater geek because I thought trying to learn how to act would make me, well, better. I do not claim to be a good gm by any means. I also highly value character interaction, drama, development, and just general role playing over action. In terms of posting free form forum games, I have a habit of making somewhat long winded post (like 500 to even a thousand words), and I'll admit this is partially because I'm a not a very skilled writer, and thus don't know how to really edit myself properly. However, I think most who rp with me notice that I do try to put some genuine EFFORT into my post, despite my lack of skill. Finally, in terms of Pokemon, I'm also interested in doing something run in Pokemon the Table Top Adventures roleplaying system. It should be noted I have hard time playing as a canon characters without feeling like I'm messing without something that isn't mine. Note that this doesn't mean I have anything against those who do play cannon characters, as long as they're interpretation at least vaguely resembles what that established character is supposed to behave. If you're playing Gary Oak, I want to see your posts and occasionally think to myself, "Yep, that sure seems like something Gary Oak would do; I hate that little jerk." This doesn't mean you can't try to expand Gary Oak beyond the one dimensional character he is the games; he just can't be whatever you want except in Gary Oak clothing, is all.

And I've ranted...

Anyway, do you have questions?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    Hey there Collette and first of all, welcome to the PC forums! Yeah, I have to admit I'm a hardcore fan of the games and have gotten Pokemon White quite a while ago and I really enjoy it! :3 I also like roleplaying a lot myself and I have even invented a few, but currently the main one I'm working on is "Dragon Code". It's my first time ever making a full-blown RPG. Take a look around the forums to see if you are interested in anything and get engaged with it! And also don't forget to check out the Adoption Center to get a tour around PC if you haven't already.
    Happy times here in PC and I hope to see you around!

Happy Wishes,

Dark Zoroark

Years
  • Hi there and welcome to PC! Ha wow such a cool pun... i'm jealous I didn't think of it sooner. :P Ah nice someone enjoy it from the begining as well, I have been a fan since it first came out when I got Red, such a great game. I still havn't even played white yet since I wanted to play through Platinum, I really got to get on that sometime. Oh nice to see you interested in Rping, I always enjoy reading them every now and then when I'm bored as there usually really good. I never do them since I'm not the greatest at it but I'm sure the community would like your input on the subjects. Haha you didn't rant THAT much... it's still nice to see such an active person write whats on his mind. :P You should meet plenty of people to talk with and enjoy all the dissucssions you'll be in. Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope your stories/hobies go well, and hope to see you around! :)

Back