• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Presenting:My Ultimate GSC Fantasy Team!

Years
  • Tell me what you think of this team.
    Arcanine
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Crunch
    Sunny Day
    Body Slam
    Item:Charcoal

SD and Charcoal power up Flamethrower and Sunny Day can set up for other pokemon on the team.
    Meganium
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    Synthesis
    Light Screen
    Item:Miracle Seed

Self explanatory

Umbreon
    Moonlight
    Confuse Ray
    Bite/Faint Attack
    Double Team
    Item:Black Glasses

Annoyer

Kingdra
    Hydro Pump
    Dragonbreath
    Double Edge
    Smokescreen/Double Team/Rain Dance
    Item:Mystic Water

Attacker

Porygon2
    Psychic
    Recover
    Fire Blast
    Thunder
    Item:Twisted Spoon/Scope Lens

Psychic is for covering it's weakness to fighting types and FB is for Ice types that Meganium and Kingdra are weak against.

Girafarig
    Psychic
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Thunder
    Item:King's Rock

Psychic is for STAB and Crunch, Earthquake, and Thunder are powerful moves and make Girafarig a well rounded fighter. Add King's Rock and it will be unstoppable!

I know this team doesn't cover everything but I think it's a pretty strong team. Feel free to rate it and maybe suggest alternate Pokemon or movesets.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • hmmm.... pretty good.............. If sunny day on Arcanine is to set up for other guys, then y put it on Megnanium? And no Extreemespeed on Arcanine? thats extremely rare, and can't hurt ur slow party. Don't be like me and get sweeped by a reversal/flail user: GO WITH ES(extreemespeed)!!!!! Mayb toxic on Umbreon instead of Confuse Ray, but mayb not. hmmmm.......... u can stick toxic on somewhere if u want, to make Umbreon ur staller. check kingdra's speed - if it ain't that high, stick on smokescreen. no sense in raising a stat that starts out really low. if its average to high, give it Double Team. or u could take DT/Smokescreen off of Kindgra and make garfargig a baton passer, since u already have psychic and crunch on Porygon2 and Arcanine. soooo............

Arcanine@charcoal (+10% on fire attacks=nice)
    ES
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Crunch
    Body Slam

Megnanium@not sure, the seeds OK, i guess........
    same as u had it

Umbreon@leftovers
    Bite/Faint Attack
    Double Team/Toxic
    Confuse Ray/Toxic
    Moonlight
    (if u can confuse and toic at the same time, dump double team, u ain't bpassing, and toxic+confusion=MASS ANNOYANCE)

Kingdra@whatever
    Hydro Pump
    Dragonbreath
    Double Edge
    Smokescreen/Double Team

Porygon2@watever
    same as u had it

Girfargig (hate spelling)@whatever
    Double Team
    Baton Pass
    EQ
    Thunder
    There- use double team alot, and baton pass to ur other guys (*coughPORYGON2ANDMEGNANIUMcough*) to save them from OHKOs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Arcanine
    Flamethrower
    Crunch
    Sunny Day
    Extreme Speed
    Item:Miracle Berry

*Charcoal is bad.

Meganium
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    Synthesis
    Light Screen
    Item:Leftovers

*So is Miracle Seed

Umbreon
    Moonlight
    Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Psychic
    Item:Leftovers

*Leftovers will work better

Kingdra
    Smokescreen
    Splash
    Bubble
    Leer
    Item:Mystic Water

Porygon2
    Psychic
    Recover
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Item: Miracle Berry

*Twisted Spoon is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Girafarig
    Psychic
    Crunch
    Rest
    Thunder
    Item:Mint Berry

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • i'm not good with items, but charcoal and mystic water r pretty good. +10% on fire moves-charcoal, +10% water moves-mystic water, thats pretty good. add in STAB and thats a pretty good bonus. i like the added effects.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2004
    I don't like to go with that kind of items. 10% simply does not worth it. I prefer Leftovers, Focus band, and so. Just imagine an average 70pts. attack, with an increment of 10% it raises to 77pts., which is still an average damage. In exchange, lefties recover your pokemon after each turn, and that often decides long battles. Plus, you can combine Leftovers with moves like Toxic and Dig/Fly.

As for Umbreon, my moveset is: Faint attack, Toxic, Confuse ray, Moonlight. I only teach Psychic when it is STABbed. Besides, Dark type moves are supereffective against Psychic and Ghost, while Psychic types are effective against Fight and Poison. I consider Psychic and Ghost pokemon much more of a problem than Fighting and Poison. You may say that Dark type is weak against Fighting, but you can cover that weakness with your other pokemon.
    I prefer Faint attack over Bite because it never misses, and Umbreon isn't fast enough to expect an experienced trainer flinch once and again.

I don't know much about Kingdra, but Hydro pump's accuracy is way too pour and its PP is also low, so get rid of it and go with Surf. If it is really meant to be an annoyer, let it have Protect and Endure. Now it is almost unbeatable and a good PP waster. Get rid of Double edge and Rain dance (I'll explain later)

Girafarig, well, if you want to keep it, at least remove Thunder and teach Thunderbolt, which is less powerful but a lot more accurate. Don't believe is so well rounded; its status are just low if you compare it to other pokemon, such as Gengar or Starmie, being able to have well balanced movesets too.

Arcanine. It's not too bad. Flame thrower over Fire blast, and you have a decent moveset. Just one note: Rain dance on Kingdra and Sunny day on Arcanine and Meganium will cause you some problems from time to time.

Porygon2: Thunderbolt oner Thunder and Flamethrower over Fire blast.

Meganium. Let the Leftovers cover that Synthesis, so you can replace it for Earthquake, an always valuable attack, and have Body slam over Light screen, since you don't need it that much.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Actually, 10% items are only used when you're trying to score gurantee OHKOs. The most famous Pokemon who uses the Charcoal so well is Moltres in GSC. (lol of course not anymore in RS where there's White herb instead)

Arcanine- get extremespeed instead of body slam to stop flail/reversal. Use miracle or lefties

Meganium- in GSC Meganium sweeping is kinda wasting its defensive abilities with leech seed... but anyway, dump light screen for HP Fire because solarbeam as the ONLY attack move is terrible... Again, use lefties.

Umbreon- no Umbreon should ever be using a direct damage move unless you're cursing... just go take a standard Umbreon....

Kingdra- without swift swim from RS, Kingdra with Hydro isn't worth it...

Kingdra @ leftovers
    -rest
    -sleep talk
    -surf
    -ice beam

classical and standard hey? Good old days when Kingdra is a OU beast...

P2 @ leftovers
    -recover
    -thunderbolt
    -thunderwave
    -ice beam

standard for both GSC and RS... really there isn't that much fighting type to use back in GSC, and it's not like a psychic without STAB will kill them either.

Girafarig- err... make it baton passer of amnesia? Otherwise it's pretty weak for a Pokemon...

Lack of physical attacker is a HUGE problem for this team...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • Dragon Tamer Jason said:
    Tell me what you think of this team.
    Arcanine
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Crunch
    Sunny Day
    Body Slam
    Item:Charcoal
    Looks ok to me. Don't use Extreme Speed, its a waste and doesn't do much for Arcies Rock Weakness if someone switches. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to remove the Charcol, like Frost said its only good on Pokemon that will garantee a OHKO.

Meganium
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    Synthesis
    Light Screen
    Item:Miracle Seed
    I'm not gonna lie to you. I don't know much about Grass Pokemon, but Meganium seems be a more defencive Pokemon rather than an attacking one like Venasaur. I say use it as a staller, most people I see use Reflect and Light Screen then switch out. And using Sunny Day after Light Screen will only give you +1 Sp. Def, since Fire gets powered up by one.

Umbreon
    Moonlight - Rest
    Confuse Ray
    Bite/Faint Attack - Toxic
    Double Team
    Item:Black Glasses - Leftovers
    You almost had something here, Moonlight is bad (in this case anyways). Rest over Moonlight, Double Team will back you up so you rarely get hit. And if you want an annoyer, use the moves I noted. Umbreon is not an attacker, so Bite/Faint Attack are out of the question unless you like long, boring battles.

Kingdra
    Hydro Pump - Surf
    Dragonbreath
    Double Edge - Rest
    Smokescreen/Double Team/Double Edge
    Item:Mystic Water - Leftovers
    Hydro Pump should never be used on Kingdra. Even with PP ups. People will switch and you just wasted it for no reason, stick with the basic STAB Kingdra. Raindance is a big no-no, 2 Thunder Attacks from something like Zapdos kills it in 2 shots.

Porygon2
    Psychic
    Recover
    Fire Blast
    Thunder
    Item:Twisted Spoon/Scope Lens
    Porygon2 is hard to use as a back-up Pokemon. Its usually Baton Passed to, Cure and Return or a Sp. Attacker. Max power with no accuracy moves only get it killed faster.

Girafarig
    Psychic
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Thunder
    Item:King's Rock
    I don't know about this thing being unstoppable, I usually see it powering up its Sp.Def and Speed so it can Baton Pass. I hardly ever see anyone using it as an Attacker. So I can't say much on it.

Years
  • The idea behind Kingdra is with both Rain Dance and Mystic Water powering it up it can do massive damage with Hydro Pump but I guess that would still be a bad idea. Oh well...

Back