• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prevent player from diving onto events/npcs

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2014
    Is there anyway to prevent the player from diving to a tile in a dive map that is occupied by an event such as an NPC? I have used a new 'nodive' terrain tag to prevent diving onto non-moving events, but the problem is NPCs that have their movement set to random.

For example, using the 'Route 8' map from the latest essentials, the player uses dive on the tile at 011,013.
    This transfers the player to 011,013 in the dive map for Route 8, 'Underwater'.

Now, say I create an NPC event at 011, 013 on Underwater. If the player uses dive on Route 8 at 011, 013 they will dive into the same tile as the NPC.
    If this NPC does not move I can use a custom 'nodive' terrain tag on the Route 8 map to stop diving at this tile, but if I give the NPC a movement routine I do not know where this NPC will be when I dive.

Is there anyway to check the dive map and see if the tile the player will dive to is occupied and prevent them from diving?

Thank you

Back