• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preventing Pokemon From Evolving???

DrakePokemonProf

Drake the Pokemon Professor
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    So as most of us know if you prevent your pokemon from evolving it learns it's moves earlier. My question is if I prevent the evolving from happening right away will my pokemon be hurt by that, or will the stats catch up?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm not an expert, but as far as I know, the stats should be the same in the end.

Never thought about that before, though.

dastandy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Actually it changes the stats some from my understanding since thier stat growth in a different form if more focused in different areas. Like a pickachu is more rounded but a pichu is faster, and a raichu is more powerful at least this is what i think. Someone should test some out

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No, there is no difference in stats based on when you evolve your Pokemon. Because of the IV/EV system, when you finally do evolve your Pokemon, they will inherit the stat increases (or decreases, in a few cases) upon evolution and will have the same stats (based on its current EVs and IVs) that it would have if you evolved it earlier.

Years
  • The way I understand it, it will catch up but may take a few levels (5 -10) after evolution before it's stats reach what would they would have been if you'd hasn't held it back. In the long run you won't loose out and I'm pretty sure when it reaches level 100 it does get all the stats its "missing" anyways.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There will be absolutely no difference in stats between a lv.100 Raticate that evolved at lv.20 vs. a lv.100 Raticate that evolved at lv.99...other than whatever variance their IVs, Evs, and nature will offer.

This is because the formula used for calculating final stats has only five variables: level, nature, base stat, EV, and IV. Assuming they have the same EVs, IVs, and nature. The remaining two variables, level and base stat, are going to be the same.

Years
  • In a nutshell, EV or effort value is a bonus you get from battling Pokémon, each 'mon will give s set number of bonus 'points' or values to a certain stat, 4 values in one stat offers one more point towards that stat. (Eg. If you killed 4 Zubat you would have one more speed point by level 100 than if you hadn't). Each stat caps ate 255 values and you cant get more than 512 EVs overall. It's goes a bit deeper than this but these are the basics.

IV, or individual value is a 'bonus' towards each stat between 1 and 31 which it will receive by level 100, these are set when you first encounter the Pokémon and cannot be changed (via legit means at least). These also determine the type and power of the move Hidden Power. They can also be passed down via breeding. Again the basics.

And no, if your Pokémon doesn't evolve it won't have the same stats it would have if it did. It will receive the same stats from the EVs and IVs but base stats also play a part which go up on evolution.

Back