• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Printable Pokemon guide

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    For months I have been thinking about a physical copy of a Pokemon strategy guide. A strategy guide that I could design and print, and put in a nice binder or two. Thing is, I'm not so handy with the plethora of paint programs. Resizing images, getting text in the right spots and making it all fit on an 8x11.5 just to name a few.

The strategy guides that sell in stores are not that great for the in-depth players as we all know, and the internet is great but it can't always satisfy the way a book can. So why not share my enthusiasm? There is lots of talented people out there who could help make this happen. Print it out on a Brother with gloss pages and that cheap Brother ink..

Check out my entries guide, the stuff which I have came up with and written down so far, and add to and open source this if you're up for it.

First off I think it should encompass gen iii-present, where trading up begins. It should only contain parts we find relevant to us, the info that we go to look up, and to save on binder space and ink/paper/printer budget.
    I've got 4 categories.
    Pokedex-Walkthrough-Guide Pages-Route/Town Entries

And what I've found to be good to include
    Pokedex-Name,%M/F,Abilities/Hidden abilities, Height/Weight, EV data, Hatch steps, Type, Evolutions, Shiny sprite, Regular sprite, Mega sprite, Alolan Sprite,Game locations, any applicable special notes, maybe the footprint too

Walkthrough- Basic directional, spoiler free as possible, go there, do this, talk to this npc..

Guide pages- Dongle catching, pal park, berries,egg hatching, action replay/gameshark guide (only for things like getting to those islands geniii, catching a mon you otherwise couldn't get), global trade(if that's still even one of the supported services), pokecenter locations superimposed over world maps, TM/HMs, all items and what they do, poketch apps, underground guide, contests, connectivity between generations and the systems required and also what items and pokemon can be obtained from non-core series games, places to revisit, lotteries, safari zones, obtaining the various pokedexes, mass outbreaks, ev and iv, natures, headbutting, rock smashing, secret bases, flavors, abilities, masuda method, super training, notable npc bios, pokemon amie..
    A lot of guide pages, just what I have come up with. Who likes to make charts?

Route/Town entries- Items, catchable pokemon, notable buildings, notable npcs, trainers, location on a mini map, screenshots(not that great on x/y that I have checked so far, the best are unfortunately not that great. Gen iii and iv for sure have great town and route maps), pokemart items, town slogans for flavor, also think a compass would be pretty cool with routes and towns in the direction of travel.

Ya, thats it. I know this post is ridiculous, but maybe you gots inspired. Hopefully a mod too wont bury this in a hundreds page thread....

I think it would be totally awesome. Replaying a game, you got your little color tabs and flip right to the section you want to look

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    Here's 4 pokedex .jpgs spanning national numbers 1-350. Kind of crude first time but not too terrible either:/
    Created steps were from using Bulbapedias pokedex page within a website that lets you edit out parts you don't want to print. These only save for free as pdf so found a handy site for jpg conversion. Then finally freeware image editing software to put it all in rows and add the transparent pokeball. Sorry, still don't think I've reached the 5 posts necessary to post links.
    If anyone is interested I will upload the rest of the files after I create them.

Attachments

• Printable Pokemon guide
      Pokedex 1-78.jpg
      553.1 KB · Views: 17
      Pokedex 79-166.jpg
      537.1 KB · Views: 10
      Pokedex 167-258.jpg
      530.8 KB · Views: 7
      Pokedex 259-350.jpg
      533.4 KB · Views: 8
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    I've made a few more pages recently.
    Pallet Town, Viridian City, Route 1 and a labelled Kanto mini map.

And Route 1..

Attachments

Pallet.jpg
      601.7 KB · Views: 10
      Pallet 2.jpg
      607.5 KB · Views: 5
      Labelled Kanto Mini Map.jpg
      434.9 KB · Views: 6
      Viridian City 1.jpg
      776.3 KB · Views: 5
      Viridian City 2.jpg
      522.2 KB · Views: 5
      Route 1.jpg
      555.6 KB · Views: 8
      Route 1 Pokemon.jpg
      367.8 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited by a moderator:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    So what you're saying is that we make some kind of community Strategy Guide that's more in-depth than the official ones?

I don't know what Bulbapedia's rules and such are, but I'd be cautious with directly copying their format and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    Well, I'm not expecting any help or even positive input, but I like the pages I'm making and if even one other does then that means a lot to me.
    Bulbapedia is open source and the fair use stuff too. Right? I appreciate that site but for me it's a huge mess and and the standard strategy guides have too much unnecessary info and not enough in depth info.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    Made the item checklist, or just partially so far but want to share. It's not in order of places visited but for me that would be too much effort, especially since I'm much less familiar with the later games, when I get to that. One part that really makes me happy about the item checklist is that nobody else seems to have created one and shared it on the internet. I've included pretty much all items that are not bought. If anyone notices an error or has any suggestions please comment. Route 2 is also done.

Attachments

Fire Red and Leaf Green Checklist.jpg
      747.4 KB · Views: 9
      route 2.jpg
      635.4 KB · Views: 4
      Route 2 Pokemon.jpg
      787.9 KB · Views: 5
    Back