• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
  • Big shocker - Cena isn't number 1? =O

With DX coming back - do you think they'll provide a bit of variety? Or will they be yet another one time only thing?

My friend kept telling me for weeks that their return was obvious, looks like he was right.

I miss the Attitude Era...even though I was quite young when it was around ><

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    That list just fails theres no Undertaker and Shawn Micheals up there, espicially after there match at Wrestlemania 25.

I guess they brang DX to keep HHH from the title picture for a bit.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I heard HBK and Taker will be retiring in the next year or so. Considering when they leave my only favourites left would probably be Jeff Hardy and HHH, so wrestling would get 5x more boring ><

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Big Breaking News! IRL Issues with a TNA star.

Breaking News - TNA's Kurt Angle Arrested This Morning
    By Amish Patel

- This morning, TNA Champion and former WWE superstar Kurt Angle was arrested.

There is no more on this story right now, but we will release details as soon as we have them.

Details On Kurt Angle's Arrest This Morning, Girlfriend Calls Police
    By Amish Patel

- It has come to light that Kurt Angle was arrested this morning following an incident between he and girlfriend Trenesha "Rhaka Khan" Biggers.

Angle was removed from his home earlier by police and is currently in the Allengheny County Jail after Biggers went to police and filed a protection from abuse order against him.

Biggers called the police while at Starbucks and informed them Angle was following her and in possession of her cellphone, which had photos described as "pictures of abuse".

After being question by police, Angle's car was searched and he was found to be in possession of "a capped syringe and two vials of Human Growth Hormone Hygetropin". Angle did claim he had a prescription for the HGH medication and could provide evidence to the police.

Angle is currently awaiting sentencing on the following charges:

# Driving with a suspended license
    # Illegal possession
    # Breaking an order of protection and harassment

The TNA Champion is scheduled to be in the main-event of tomorrow's Hard Justice PPV against Matt Morgan and Sting.

Angle's Status For Tomorrow's TNA PPV, Media Outlets Picking Up Story
    By Amish Patel

- Multiple sources are claiming that Kurt Angle will compete on tomorrow's Hard Justice PPV, despite his arrest this morning. (Source - PWInsider.com)

WPXI has already picked up the Angle news and has a story on his multiple charges here. Angle was just recently with the woman in question several weeks ago at the San Diego Comic-Con.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Quiet week leading up to Summerslam.

Another WWE Superstar weighs in on talent "crisis," Puts over RAW names
    By Brian Cantor

WWE's wrestlers have been working the media circuit to hype Sunday's Summerslam event, but it seems that a subject not directly related to the pay-per-view has been at the forefront. That issue, regarding WWE's struggle to develop new stars on the RAW brand, has led to candid comments from different roster members.

Chris Jericho called the situation a "crisis," recalling a conversation he had with Shawn Michaels about the RAW roster's lack of star-building. The Miz expressed satisfaction over the fact that CM Punk and Jeff Hardy, two recently-developed stars, were breaking the monotony by wrestling in the Summerslam main event. Legacy member Cody Rhodes, who joins Ted DiBiase in wrestling Triple H and Shawn Michaels this weekend, also weighed in on the matter.

"I personally think that when people say stuff like that, when people say there hasn't been a breakout, I ask them if they saw the last breakout coming," Rhodes said in an interview with AOL Fanhouse. "Monday Night Raw is like a varsity team. And it's filled with freshmen. Very talented, very young, but it's something the fans are now getting to grow with. It's a cool experience. I can remember watching Michaels go from tag to Intercontinental Champion to taking the longest run possible to the WWE championship. I think it might be a while till somebody becomes that breakout star, but I know that you have a lot of hopefuls."

Rhodes specifically put over Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne and, of course, Legacy as the potential stars of the future.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Now that we're in the topic of SummerSlam, what are your predictions?

Jack Swagger vs. MVP
    The Great Khali vs. Kane
    Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler (I-C Title)
    Chris Jericho & Big Show vs. Cryme Tyme (Unified Tag Team Titles)
    DX vs. Legacy
    Christian vs. William Regal (ECW Title)
    Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk (WHC Title)
    Randy Orton vs. John Cena (WWE Championship)

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Mickie James Grilled By WWE Officials Following Match With Gail Kim On RAW
    By Amish Patel

- Following this past Monday's RAW, sources report WWE Diva Mickie James was reprimanded by management backstage after her match with Gail Kim was botched.

Officials felt James acted highly unprofessionally in showing her frustration on camera and were less than impressed with the improvised 'forearm to the head' finish.

Kim was alledegedly out of it towards the latter stages of match, explaining why it fell apart. She was treated backstage but her condition wasn't serious. (Source - Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter)

More On Sting's Retirement, After Bound For Glory PPV?
    By Amish Patel

- There has been talk for months that Sting will be hanging up his boots and it looks as if Sting's tenure with TNA will end after the Bound For Glory pay-per-view.

TNA representatives handed out fliers for the PPV plugging Sting's final appearance in California at the WWE Axxess event in Los Angeles on Saturday. (Source - ProWrestling.NET)

Latest Jeff Hardy Update
    Written by Richard Gray

The word I'm getting is that Jeff Hardy's contract status with WWE has not changed and he is expected to finish up with the company at next week's WWE TV tapings. Matt Hardy posted on Twitter that Jeff will remain with WWE after SummerSlam.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Summerslam News: Injury update on main eventers, More on the WWE fan run-in
    By Brian Cantor

# Though "fan" Brett DiBiase's run-in during the Randy Orton vs. John Cena match convinced much of the live audience of its legitimacy, it was not a shock to anyone within WWE. WWE occasionally attempts to surprise its talent and employees with storyline developments and match spots, but this was not one of those surprises--the interference was specifically mentioned in the Summerslam script that WWE issued to talent.

# While CM Punk and Jeff Hardy were in pain following their TLC match, neither competitor suffered a serious injury.

ROH Star Bryan Danielson Signs With WWE
    By Brad Ingles

ROH announced the following earlier tonight:

Bryan Danielson has agreed in principle to a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Bryan has been an exemplary talent and a wonderful member of the Ring of Honor locker room and family since the inception of the company. We couldn't be happier for Bryan and all of his successes, many of which Ring of Honor has been proud to witness first hand.

We congratulate Bryan on the beginning of this next journey in his brilliant career, and wish him all the best as he progresses. Many Ring of Honor fans refer to Bryan as the "best in the world" and we look forward to looking on in earnest as he shows everyone watching the wrestling world's biggest stage just why that is.

Bryan will appear as scheduled at all of the September Ring of Honor events. Please join us in Philadelphia, Dayton, Chicago, Boston, and New York as we say thank you and farewell to a truly one-of-a-kind talent.

EstebanOrt77

Years
  • Summerslam News: Injury update on main eventers, More on the WWE fan run-in
    By Brian Cantor

# Though "fan" Brett DiBiase's run-in during the Randy Orton vs. John Cena match convinced much of the live audience of its legitimacy, it was not a shock to anyone within WWE. WWE occasionally attempts to surprise its talent and employees with storyline developments and match spots, but this was not one of those surprises--the interference was specifically mentioned in the Summerslam script that WWE issued to talent.
    Wait, so it was scripted?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I didn't watch Summer Slam but I'm surprised that Mysterio defeated Ziggler again. I would've thought by now that the writers Ziggler would've had him win by now.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Breaking - Rey Mysterio Suspended For 30 Days Due To Wellness Policy Violation
    By Daniel Pena

WWE.com made the following announcement this evening:

Rey Mysterio suspended for 30 days
    Written: August 27, 2009

In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company's policy.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Breaking - Rey Mysterio Suspended For 30 Days Due To Wellness Policy Violation
    By Daniel Pena

In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company's policy.

Steroids?

Oh wait. They're all on steroids. Nevermind. :<

EstebanOrt77

Years
    By Daniel Pena

Yes, Mysterio's suspended and Jeff Hardy's gone! A good week for Smackdown!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I'm glad Jeff's gone.Now we just need Cena to leave or turn heel and WWE will probably go out of buisiness

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back